It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California to offer illegal immigrants free healthcare

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

It seems based on the above research, almost anyone can receive medical, welfare and other assistance, as long as you don't make too much money.

But illegal immigrants have the advantage.

Which is under 28,000 per year. The minimum in CA is 16 now so anyone who works 40 hours per week can not get it.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

LOL and you still cannot work out where this top down agenda is coming from.. the same peeps that want to remove your guns and national identity and introduce 15 min cities..

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Where is the Money coming for that Pray Tell > ?

They are already 60 to 70 billion in the hole... Add 4+ billion per year to an already 20+ billion deficit per year. They had a 100 billion surplus, but they have lost about 30% in tax revenues. The people with money are leaving, and the poor are forced to stay while the illegals are filling in so it doesn't look too bad in population decline as they lost only 1.5% population, but 30% of tax revenue.

CA is dreaming up many new ways to tax those who work, so I'm sure more people/companies will be leaving.

edit on x31Tue, 02 Jan 2024 15:22:49 -060020241America/ChicagoTue, 02 Jan 2024 15:22:49 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That’s good, because the poor immigrants can catch std’s from all that raping.

t.me...

“Do you think about the consequences?”

“Yes we think about that all the time”
We realize that when we rape we may wake up with viruses ourselves”

WTF????
edit on 2-1-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: DBCowboy

LOL and you still cannot work out where this top down agenda is coming from.. the same peeps that want to remove your guns and national identity and introduce 15 min cities..

Oh I know.

I see the EBITDA numbers on multiple hospitals every quarter.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Do they offer free healthcare to citizens?

Genuine question.

Long story short.... if you make close to nothing.

Hate that arguably the most astetically beautiful and awesome weather ever is such a hole. If I can ever generate enough money to get out of this dump..... I am out! At the rate of inflation and increasing taxes.... I dunno... pre k teachers get more than the national average here yet are still one of the worst paid jobs.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ya know..... just thinking bout it. No wonder they are making fast food establishments pay out 20 bucks an hour. They would not be qualified to recieve the assistance. www.dhcs.ca.gov...

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Personally I wish they would resurrect Prop. 187. Guess thats wishful thinking at this point.
edit on 2-1-2024 by Shoshanna because: Can't spell.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

Beyond disgusting. They have lost any connection to humanity and morality of any sort. Breathing evil.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Newsom extends free healthcare to 700,000 illegal immigrants despite record budget deficit

California already has a 68 billion dollar deficit and are bleeding population, so who's going to keep paying the taxes to support this?

The blue states are more than willing to roll out the blue carpet for illegals, but Americans be damned.

Let’s call it a green carpet, as in $$$. I live there, unfortunately. While it’s not all that surprising I am astounded at the number of people who are still in a coma over what’s happening. Being a zombie is irreversible here, sadly

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Makes one think about what CA will look like in 10 years as people leave in mass, but are replaced by huge numbers of illegals.

A taco truck And! a Starbucks on every corner! Yummmm!

Looking forward to it!

Heh there already is that. Plus the individual carts of people selling whatever (fruits/tamales/chicharones etc) …I can’t leave out people selling out of their trunks or backs of cars either. Stuff is selling at Cali prices too. Not even cheaper.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Makes one think about what CA will look like in 10 years as people leave in mass, but are replaced by huge numbers of illegals.

A taco truck And! a Starbucks on every corner! Yummmm!

Looking forward to it!

Heh there already is that. Plus the individual carts of people selling whatever (fruits/tamales/chicharones etc) …I can’t leave out people selling out of their trunks or backs of cars either. Stuff is selling at Cali prices too. Not even cheaper.

Lol just visit the Walmart parking lot that is in the same lot as the home depot! I had a dude harassing me all the way to my car to buy strawberries. He had a moving dolly filed to the top. Can't go to the park without a fruit cup stand. It's everywhere. By the railroad tracks there are 2 guys that barbecue chicken standing out by the street. If they paid taxes it would not be ....... so bad..... never-ending. Yes it would.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wow ...so free health care to people who are in the country illegally, so don't pay tax....and I thought it was bad up here in Canada.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Oh, we give housholds making 61k EBT.

There's actually a joke here about the HHS Office and the amount of Luxury cars in the parking lot. More kids affords higher payments for a totally reasonable family vehicle for someone on welfare, like a Lincoln Navigator.

If there's a silver lining, The illegals are less likely to use our free medical care for abortions.

You can get CalMed easily if you make under 60k.

They think they can turn around the budget after 2024 though. They need to cut certain projects. Some environmental spending could be cut (LOL), or possibly a pointless bullet train that costs 200 million a mile.

But least in 2030 there will be high-spreed rail service between Merced and Bakersfield. Two very important cities for the agriculture and methamphetamine industries.

“Republicans cautioned that this level of spending would lead to greater deficits, and it would be more prudent to show restraint. Unfortunately, the majority party ignored those warnings…”

Republicans don't really get listened to here But their constituencies are getting the high speed rail. Exactly like they wanted the state to spend their money on.

We'll see where we are with 10 years of that. We did have a 97.5 billion dollar surplus 2 years ago. But a 30 billion deficit followed by 68 billion sort of took that away, plus 500 million. Or will, next year.

As far as worrying if it's going to go the way of New York in the 1970's, check back in 10 years. See if California is a Rust Belt yet.

Until any of these things effect my survivability (as a service employee) I'm probably just going to be amused that other states residents are showing more concern for our ridiculous spending than I am.

My honest opinion is California has just begun with that stuff.

It's like California strives to be The Anti-Red State at this point. Others try to go after abortion recipients, and we pay for their trip and use the state constitution to shield out of state guests from prosecution.

I think this law is a reflection at that impulse of our state's democrat controlled government that says:

"You can treat illegals like burdens, and we will go out of our way to treat them like welcomed guests, ha!"
edit on 2-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

You can get CalMed easily if you make under 60k.

Not so sure

In 2024, a single adult earning $1,677 or less per month (138% FPL) is eligible for Medi-Cal, or $20,124 a year. For 2 adults, the household income limit is $2,268 per month for Medi-Cal eligibility, or $27,214 a year.

We'll see where we are with 10 years of that. We did have a 97.5 billion dollar surplus 2 years ago. But a 30 billion deficit followed by 68 billion sort of took that away, plus 500 million. Or will, next year.

The forecast is 20+ billion in 2024 deficit not counting this cost too.

As far as worrying if it's going to go the way of New York in the 1970's, check back in 10 years. See if California is a Rust Belt yet.

What does a welfare state look like in the end?

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Why can the IRS say where’s our money, but we can’t say where’s our border?

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   
When did personal responsibility go away?

It used to be a thing.

People were embarrassed when they had to use government aid.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

All they want is free crap it's amazing you can hate the country and still get everything free.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join