It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion on Bridge : Police are Preparing to Obtain a Subpoena Against Bentley Motors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So much for hammering all those USA car manufacturers aka Ford, General Motors and other as many here in the USA IMO drive foreign vehicles because its simply fashionable.

Buffalo News

FYI I have driven General Motor vehicles my entire life. I currently drive a 2019 Colorado pickup. To date no issues aside from a computer download issue back in 2019. They corrected. I just had my oil changed for $60 at the dealership. I thought it was of value as they toss in use of their car wash for all of December.

Yep, so lets talk about my wifes $36,000 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe. Yep, just to maintain the warranty she has to have them do it at least $200 per pop or more. Did I tell you that we had to install 4 new tires at 29,000 miles as the OEM's wore out. They were NOT guaranteed as in NO warranty.

I sent to her to a General Motors dealership as for same OEM tire replacemenst they were almost $300 cheaper. Hyundai sooks.

Ever ride in a Jaguar? I did on a rode trip with our owner who is a millionaire with an ego. The dam car rode like a toboggan. Rough as hell.

Bentley officials have told police that they will not voluntarily provide information that was transmitted from the “black box” on the car that crashed and exploded on the bridge, Restaino told The Buffalo News on Friday.

“I was disappointed to learn today that Bentley has informed our Police Department that we will have to go to court in order to obtain the data from the black box,” Restaino said. “We’re going to have to subpoena that information. While I am disappointed, I supposed that in a catastrophic accident like this, the company wants to act in a cautious manner, because of the possibility of a lawsuit.”

Restaino added: “From everything police have determined so far, it looks likely that the accident was caused by mechanical failure.”

So here we have the "mother" of all brand names. A Bentley. Owned by Volkswagen AG. Same guys whi falsified test data

Volkswagen AG Conspiracy to Defraud The United States

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

“I was disappointed to learn today that Bentley has informed our Police Department that we will have to go to court in order to obtain the data from the black box,”

Bentley told them to go to court. That is what they are doing.

Ever ride in a Jaguar? I did on a rode trip with our owner who is a millionaire with an ego. The dam car rode like a toboggan. Rough as hell.

That's more to do with the condition of American road surfaces. There crap.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Yeah, European cars have problems as well.

Not impressed that Bentley isn't voluntarily cooperating with the police.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

That's more to do with the condition of American road surfaces. There crap

Yes some are but this was on the New York State Thruway back in 2011. That road is smooth. Hate to bring the news to you but much made in Europe is also crap.

Yes that includes the owners Jaguar.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

They are owned by Volkswagan AG. That alone says it all to me. Duck and cover it up.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Maybe Bentley are being cautious
You mention the falsification of data from VW However my take on it is Ford and American Motors did not want the European manufacturers diesel engines
VW where to supply Ford with diesel engines until the expose
Ford USA in the 1980s worked out it was cheaper to let people burn alive in their Pinto cars than recall them
I think the whole motor industry globally is very corrupt but i doubt Bentley are keeping info from the authorities any more than most vehicle manufacturers Just doing it by the book for once

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: uncomfortablynumb

Your correct but that happened in the 1980's and they evolved. Volkswagan AG did not. So why didnt Bently do a pre strike recall?
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

GOOD ON BENTLEY!

Modern vehicles digitally collect a Huge amount of data every time they are driven, not just about the performance of the vehicle itself, but about the Driver and Passenger(s) as well.

Allowing Any government agency, such as law enforcement, free access to such data upon request, without the protection against illegal "search and seizure" provided (at least marginally) by a court order, is just one more instance of willing surrender of our constitutional right to privacy.

adguard.com...

edit on 9-12-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

You've mentioned that you have an owner twice now. What does this mean?

Anyway. Toyota and Honda for life!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Workplace executive had a BMW, and was one of the most miserable, rough-riding, oil-leaking things I've ever been in. Sorry but I don't need to be that "connected to the road", nor do I buy the "A precision instrument needs regular tuning!" etc.

For Bentley, disappointing they're putting up a fight because I doubt there'll be many trade secrets in the crash data. Though I do see them wanting to keep the bar high enough so they don't have every ambulance chaser looking for the data as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:47 AM
link   
All these discussions about brands are useless because it's the owners and drivers that use them daily. From things like not checking the oil, pouring in too much, putting load on the engine when the oil isn't on temp, ignition and drive off right away.

Then you have mechanics that work on these that are not schooled enough or simply do not care. No matter if it's Pontiac, Ford, VW, BMW and all the others. Most myths about such brands come from single model failures.

For example, using the MO of most here:

Vauxhall / Opel always rust, all the time, because in 1990s that was a problem, it still has to be
VW always cheated on their emission charts, even back in 1700
BMW always has faulty ECU on any model from any year
Pontiac all drive #ty because in 1980s their suspensions were #ty

Another faulty logic is to fall for warranty scams -that all manufacturers do- and then wonder why tires are not included. News flash, parts that are exposed to wear, are always excluded from the warranty. My advice is not only to read what you sign, but also, if there is a silent minute, go read the manual of your car for once.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gb540

If gulty what happened to the family was horrific. Tens of millions of dollars horrific.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Euronymous2625

You've mentioned that you have an owner twice now. What does this mean?

I dont know either. Must be an F up. I worked for a private compamy afer leaving General Motors as my next assignment was Shanghi China Vehicle Assembly Operations under a "black" assignment.

We had two owners who were both millionaires. Only one owner owned one Jaguar.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

OK, I forgot about that. Good One

My employer in the 1990's made a complete line of scuba diving equipment. Our equipment already had a black box in it which would record the divers dive so if he did something wrong and died they would use it against him in court if sued.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

BMW’s don’t even have oil dipsticks anymore, wtf.

Toyotas are getting more ugly by the year, anyone see the Tacomas? Hideous.

Hyundais, 35 grand for a POS suv, don’t get me started on the Fowd Exploder

Edit to add, all gov vehicles have telemetrics, they can pull up a drivers profile, places, speeds etc.
gov and gov contract aircraft have AFF which shows everything short of cockpit video.
edit on 10-12-2023 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181
They could have added an additional dipstick though, I am with you on this. But why even have a dipstick when most don't care about it anyways. Better have the car protect itself from stupid people. I have to say it this harsh.

Because I don't trust the common driver to take care of their car, to an extend I would take their complaints about cars serious. When you poured in 3L motor oil for a customer and dip stick still not even wet at the tip and a waft of blueish hot-metal-smell greets you, that is a traumatizing event for someone like me.

Quality of Hyundai got a lot better over the years, had two N40 here, one for suspensions and one one the dyno, fun little curve racers. Can't speak for the SUVs. Toyota, never worked on common models, had a new Supra on the dyno though, not my taste of things.

Honestly I can not tell you any newer car except exotics that I find pretty, currently. Because newer versions aren't even a surprise to me anymore. Anyone working on and with cars can see the design morphing with each model. That's fun and intersting to see but maybe similar to cooks, I just taste too often and so for me currently there is no eye catcher.

Except maybe for what Porsche did with the 911 GT3 RS, but that is out of league for most, including myself, to even consider.

new topics

top topics

join