It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunguska Impact - Possible Russian Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hey guys, been doing some research into the Tunguska Event and I think I might have discovered a possible Russian conspiracy.

For those that don't know, the Tunguska Event was a 12 megaton airburst by a meteor or comet, exploding about 5-10 kilometers above ground in 1908. It caused cataclysmic damage and flattened about 2,000 square kilometers of trees.

The impactor was about 60 meters according to the official story, the same as the impactor for the Barringer Crater (Meteor Crater) just outside Flagstaff, Arizona. The thing is, this impactor didn't cause an impact crater... apparently. But the Barringer Impactor caused a crater over a kilometer wide and over 150 meters deep.

Made a YouTube video on it for people like me with ADD.

(Had an account on here back in 2010 but it seems to have been deleted, won't let me post photos for some reason; might need more posts)

The area where the Tunguska event happened didn't get explored by scientists until almost two decades after it happened, in 1927. This is because it was in the middle of Siberia, and there were much more important geopolitical events happening at this time. There was a "ground zero" area for the explosion - where trees were noticably destroyed by the shockwave from a single point, but there was no noticable impact crater at ground, directly below where the airburst happened.

Considering that the impactor that hit Arizona 50,000 years ago was just about the same size as the Tunguska impact, it's evident that there should at least be a smaller impact and smaller meteorites in the area, though none have been officially found.

The Chelablinsk meteor impact in 2013 was a similar event - you can think of it as the Tunguska Event on a smaller scale. This was an impactor about 20 meters in diameter, and was filmed by people all over Russia. This event left the landscape littered with meteorites.

If it was a stony body, as there should be millions or even billions of tiny fragments of it all over the region. The object that created Meteor Crater in Arizona created countless pebble-sized fragments all over the region. It's possible though, over the 19 years that ground zero was not explored, that sedimentation and erosion has buried the vast majority of these chunks of rock.

I should add that the Tunguska object seems to have been large enough that a significant portion of it survived the airburst, and appears to have left the crater where Lake Cheko is - about 8 kilometers from ground zero. Most objects that frequently enter the atmosphere break up at tens of km altitude. Tunguska, on the other hand, being estimated at 60 meters of diameter, should have at least had one piece of the object make an impact on Earth.

Humans even to this day, have limited understanding of meteors and comets, as we have never sampled an actual comet. But what we do know about comets, is that there's no evidence as far as we know of excess iridium in cometary material, but it may be the case in the fall of large asteroids, such as the Chixuclub Event that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Now let's get into the evidence.

An earlier 1961 investigation of the lake by Soviet scientists had dismissed a modern origin of Lake Cheko, arguing the presence of thick silt deposits in the lake's bed suggested an age of at least 5,000 years.

There are other deep, practically round lakes in the Tunguska reserve, which look like Lake Cheko and probably have the same geological origin,' said a statement from the expedition centre of the Russian Geographical Society in the Siberian Federal District.

Russian Expeditions sent to the area in the 1950s and 1960s found microscopic silicate and magnetite spheres in siftings of the soil. Chemical analysis showed that the spheres contained high proportions of nickel relative to iron, which is also found in meteorites, leading to the conclusion they were of extraterrestrial origin. Through this expedition, no impact crater was found.

In 2009, a research team from Italy's University of Bologna led by Luca Gasperini pointed to small bowl-shaped 500-metre diameter Lake - Lake Cheko - as the impact crater. It is located about 8 km from the supposed ground zero of the Tunguska Event; it had not been marked on maps previously; seismic measurements of its bottom indicated that sediment had been building for around a century; and that the depth of the lake - which is shaped like a crater - was deeper than is typical for the region. They also concluded there is dense stony matter beneath the floor and sediment, what could be the 'remnant' of the exploding meteorite.

They reported that seismic reflection and magnetic data revealed an anomaly close to the lake's centre, less than 10 metres below the floor. This anomaly was compatible with the presence of a buried stony object and supports the notion Cheko is a an impact crater lake, they concluded.

The Italian scientists mention a large mass that was detected below Lake Cheko, a "dense stony matter" beneath the floor and sediment.

The Italian team has also previously argued that flattened trees show that 'two bodies entered the atmosphere. One exploded about five miles (8km) above ground, while the other hit the Earth where Lake Cheko is now'.

The Italian team showed that Lake Cheko had a conical bottom, suggesting meteorite-impact origination, whereas most lakes typically have flat bottoms. They also dated the Lake to about 100 years old, just around the time of the Tunguska Event.

Zapovednoe Lake is another conically shaped lake in the region, and its origin is assumed to be related to the Tunguska Event as well.

But recently, Russian scientists have disputed the Italian theory. They suggest the area was badly mapped and there is nothing surprising about Cheko not appearing on old maps.

The Russian researchers assessed the age of Lake Cheko by analysing the its bottom sediments, undertaking geochemical and biochemical analysis.

The study indicates that the deepest sample they obtained is about 280 years old, which means that the lake is probably even older, because the researchers did not manage to obtain samples from the very bottom. So geologically the lake appears young: but not young enough to be a crater lake caused by Tunguska.

Since then, Russia sent out a Tunguska research expedition in 2022 to start a cycle of long-term research there. Why start long-term research if there's nothing there?

“The team of researchers aim to study how thick the lake bottom’s sediments are, and take primary samples,” the reserve inspector told The Siberian Times. “The data they’ll gather will be analyzed and passed on to geologists. We are not speaking about the search for any celestial body at this stage.”

The region where it happened is remote and uninhabited, so no one is sure whether Lake Cheko was there before the impactor hit - or not. The lake did not appear on regional maps until 1928, but it’s not certain the area had been previously mapped. The Italian team studied sediment samples taken from the lake’s floor, and they think that sediment only recently started collecting there, indicating that the lake itself is young.

My opinion is that Lake Cheko, which is about 500 meters in diameter, probably is the main impactor from the Tunguska Event.
edit on 1-12-2023 by Conspiratorial because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2023 by Conspiratorial because: housekeeping

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There are other lakes in the area, that contain conically shaped bottoms. These other smaller lakes around the area of the Tunguska event are probably other craters from the Tunguska event, but not the primary impactor as Lake Checo is. Zapovednoe Lake is another lake with a conical shaped bottom, that could be one of the Tunguska Impact Craters.

1927 was the first research expedition to investigate Tunguska, so lots of time passed for rain to fill up the craters, and sediment to cover smaller meteorites since humans took 19 years to explore the area after it happened.

Even if a 60m meteor/comet exploded kilometers above Earth's atmosphere, not all of it would vaporize. It would split into pieces, which is what I think really happened, and litter the landscape with millions of smaller projectiles. There would be a largest chunk of the original impactor that eventually hit the ground, and this is probably how Lake Cheko was formed.

Magnetic anomalies compatible with the presence of a buried stony object supports the impact origin for Lake Checo, and also point to an asteroid impact rather than a comet.

Earth passes through the Beta Taurid meteor stream every year from about June 5th to July 18th. The Tunguska event was right in the middle of these dates on June 30th, so it's most likely that the Tunguska Impactor was a meteor from the beta taurids.

Chemical analysis of soils found microspherules in the soil pointing to an extremely high energy event. Further studies showed that the spheres contained high proportions of nickel and iridium, which are found in high concentrations in meteorites, and indicated that they were of extraterrestrial origin - specifically a meteor.

The Soviet studies are quite contradictory. The Soviet Union studies from the 1960s claimed that Lake Cheko was about 5,000 years old. Then the Russian federation study said that it was 280 years old. These figures are off from each other by an order of magnitude. This makes me think they're trying to cover up the fact that there was an impact there, since it could be worth trillions.

Today's price of iridium is about $160,000 per kg. The Tunguska impactor was 60 meters in diameter, and probably weighted about 280,000,000 kilograms. Even if only 1% of the asteroid reached the ground in terms of iridium, that would be 500 billion dollars. Billion with a B - and that's only 1%. So It seems to me that the Russian federation has quite an incentive to keep it hush hush if there is an actual impact - if this is the case they could - in theory - control a vast supply of the world's iridium market.

My questions - do the Russian scientists have any non-impact explanation for Lake Cheko's cone-shaped bottom? Or the magnetic anomalies below the center of the cone? It doesn't seem so, at least they haven't produced a verifiable answer.

When looking at the Italian team's study of Lake Cheko, it all adds up - the lake in their study dates to about 100 years old, the magnetic anomalies, the dense stony matter under the lake, and a potential impact basin that lines up with the estimated size of a piece of the original Tunguska Impactor.

It looks like to me, that the Russian teams are lying. Their estimates of dating Lake Cheko are off from each other by magnitudes, and they have a financial incentive to lie - the impactor is on their territory and they wouldn't want to spoil the iridium market if they do in fact have massive deposits of it on their land. Clearly they wouldn't want the market to know that they have a boatload of iridium, and possible other precious metals.

But that's just my theory, let me know what you think.

www.academia.edu...

phys.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Excellent thread and good theory. I’ve never thought that in depth of the Tunguska event.
The one that blew out windows over Russia recently was pretty impressive as well. I’m gonna have to look up to see if that one, although smaller, hit in the same time space.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thank you for the thread. Truly one of the most interesting mysteries out there. I remember one of the UFO shows had a segment about "Russian domes" in a far out region that they proposed was some sort of ancient defense system that might have been used to intercept whatever was coming down that night. Ancient Aliens maybe?

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raptured
Thank you for the thread. Truly one of the most interesting mysteries out there. I remember one of the UFO shows had a segment about "Russian domes" in a far out region that they proposed was some sort of ancient defense system that might have been used to intercept whatever was coming down that night. Ancient Aliens maybe?

You are referring to the Siberian Cauldrons I think. link I remember being fascinated the first time I read about them. I even heard what you mentioned about them possibly being some Ancient Alien defense system.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   
so, two sizeable space rocks or comet streaking into Russian territory at a very low angle

any theories on these boloids/meteors are associated with known meteor shower debris fields. ?

or does the entry angle point to a jossled out of the Asteroid belt source/origin point

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: StudioNada

so, two sizeable space rocks or comet streaking into Russian territory at a very low angle

any theories on these boloids/meteors are associated with known meteor shower debris fields. ?

or does the entry angle point to a jossled out of the Asteroid belt source/origin point

The meteor from Tunguska was very likely from the beta taurid meteor stream that Earth travels through every year from June 5th to July 18th. It also peaks around June 28th-29th. The Tunguska Event happened on June 30, 1908, which is right in the middle of this meteor stream.
edit on 2-12-2023 by Conspiratorial because: housekeeping

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Texastruth2
Excellent thread and good theory. I’ve never thought that in depth of the Tunguska event.
The one that blew out windows over Russia recently was pretty impressive as well. I’m gonna have to look up to see if that one, although smaller, hit in the same time space.

This was the Chelyabinsk Meteor Event. It was a meteorite about 20 meters in diameter.

Remember that the Tunguska Event was about a 60 meter asteroid in diameter.

As a spherical object, a meteor's energy released is based the mass, which is based on the equations of a sphere (assuming both meteors are spheres, which is not completely accurate, but is the best estimation that we have)

Chelyabinsk = 4/3*3.14*radius(20)^3 = 33,493

Tunguska = 4/3*3.14*radius(60)^3 = 904,320

904,320/33,493 = 27

What this means is that the Tunguska Impactor, assuming estimates are right, is about 27 times as massive as the 2013 Chelyabinsk Meteor, produced 27 times as much energy, and destroyed 27 times more land than the 2013 Event.

Also, the area of Chelyabinsk is about 1,500 miles to the west of Tunguska.

Some argue that impacts overrepresented in Siberia are due to a low atmospheric concentration, but I think otherwise.

It is interesting that these impacts overwhelmingly are represented in Siberia--but I think it's just due to a small sample size since Russia covers 1/6 of the Earth's surface area. Since modern recorded history regarding weather, seismography, geology, etc. is only about 150 years old, it looks like these smaller ~60meter diameter events (that have the potential to wipe out a municipal area up to 1,000 square miles) only happen about twice a century on land. And probably once every 25 years over the ocean.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:48 AM
link   

edit on -21600amp0520230258 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hmm, that one final line through me for a loop! LOL! I had made up my mind that you were going to conclude that some sort of nuclear weapon or direct energy weapon experiments being done secretly in Siberia was the TRUE cause of the Tunguska event...

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hahaha nah this was back in 1908 before the Tsar Bomba and nuclear weaponry in general, it seems most logical for the Soviet Union to keep it on the down low since iridium is an incredibly rare metal, and the Russians might now have a boatload of it.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Conspiratorial

thanks for the info.... it coaxed me to research.....www.youtube.com...

the Taurid's are interesting...comet Encke association also theories on Younger Dryas extinction in mainly north america

i imagined a planet X connection too... but the Taurid stream in a mere 3.3 year orbit @ 95,000 mph

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 01:06 AM
link   
There`s quite a lot sites and some youtube about Nicola Tesla death ray causing the Tunguska Event

Tesla and Tunguska

But i have not really checked how true or false the theory is , that`s one rabbit hole to travel...

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Most boring youtube video i have ever watched. everything is I think I think I think.

Great job!

find a new career.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   

One theory is that Tesla's experiments with wireless transmission may have inadvertently caused the explosion. "Nikola Tesla, was testing out some sort of weird, fantasmigorical communication device, or super-scary "energy weapon" or "death ray" and made a big "...oops!"

Tesla was known to be working on a sort of wireless torpedo, called an "telautomaton," which was a remote controlled boat he offered to the U.S. Navy for the purpose of carrying explosives to naval targets. An airborne version of the telautomaton device was under development as well. Some also believe that if there was a Tesla connection, and it was a weapon test...

www.teslasociety.com...

Maybe.. :-) who knows

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Perhaps the Cauldrons are ancient human made? Humans seem to be vastly older than what we believe.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Iridium is rare on Earth , but not considered an investment metal.

The industrial demand for iridium was relatively large when LCD screens required it. Today, many manufacturers of LED screens now use cheaper fluorescent material instead. That’s why currently the price of iridium is about $520 per ounce.

Those thinking that iridium is worth thousands of dollars an ounce are mistaken. It is not used as an investment metal because it fluctuates according to irregular demand. There are layers in Earth where it can be mined, although it is still one of the rarest materials on Earth. It is also adequately sourced as a by-product of refining other metals, such as Nickel and Iron.

An asteroid would have to be over 50 meters wide and intact on Earth to produce any meaningful amount so what may be at the bottom of Lake Cheko would not be worth the mining operation to extract and retrieve it, if it is truly there at all.
edit on 7-1-2024 by charlyv because: sp

edit on 7-1-2024 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join