It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Entity ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHalf

I just got access to my account back tonight (thanks djarums!). I haven't really been around much to read anything, but I came across this. I saw this movie in my apartment back in the early '80s on my VCR. Rented it from the local place that just opened up. My wife of the time worked there as a matter of fact. This was a good film, I remember that much. The fact that I remember watching it means that it left an impression on me because I had so much going on in my life at the time, raising young boys and such. The only other movies I can remember seeing around the time are ET and Evil Dead.

To me the scariest thing about it is that it's supposed to be based on a real case. I had poltergeist hauntings going on in the house I grew up in not 5 years earlier, so it really made me uneasy. I wasn't attacked physically like that but it was a real mind f&^K kind of thing. It would know my thoughts and respond to them. You can't imagine the terror, lots of nights I'd just leave, drive off and not come back until morning. Nothing like that since, thank God.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me about this movie. I might have to rewatch it and see how it fares after all this time.
edit on 12/9/2023 by wtbengineer because: to give credit

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The strange thing was, shortly after seeing this move (I was probably 14) and my dad invited his friend and his Cape Malay partner.

And she was getting bored with old white men's conversations over beer, so we popped down to my room (not very long, maybe 20 minutes).

And I told her about this movie I'd just seen.

And she told me it happened to her.

In her culture the "doekom" (a kind of Cape Malay shaman), performed certain rituals on Signal Hill.

It seems to be more common than people assume.

<< 1   >>

join