It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury as transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney wins woman of the year award

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 01:51 AM
link   
nypost.com...

(The following extract is from the Dailymail but the link doesn't work for some reason)

Gay lifestyle magazine Attitude is facing backlash after naming transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney as its 'Woman of the Year.'

The US TikTok star, who documented her transition on the video sharing platform last year, accepted the title this week at the Virgin Atlantic sponsored awards bash in London.

But critics slammed the decision, accusing the awards of 'gaslighting women everywhere' with prominent feminist campaigner Maya Forstater calling it an 'insult.'.

In her acceptance speech Mulvaney said being honoured with the gong 'from a queer publication' 'means so much more to me.' She said: 'Some see me as the woman of the year, some see me as the woman of the year and some change as I only publicly came out online 560 days ago - and some people don't see me as a woman at all.'

Starting with the very basics. Most sane people on this planet who know Dylan Mulvaney see him as what he really is: A gay man! Dylan Mulvaney is not a woman at all despite coming out as trans more than a year ago and now identifying as a transwoman.

Giving the woman of the year award to a man is at least absurd and an insult to real women who see the various attempts made to erase them and replace them with...men! Putting on a dress and having cosmetic surgery doesn't make any man a woman let alone 'the woman of the year'.

It's expectable that many will feel this latest development is nothing more than a mockery of women everywhere, insulting, and quite misogynist.

Dylan Mulvaney said that whatever he does it isn't enough to achieve acceptable levels of womanhood, for some people, which he attributed to 'hate' and 'hateful' individuals. But none of what he claimed is true as the only reason he is not seen as a woman it's because he isn't a woman.
edit on 15-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The woman of the year award suddenly means so much less to me.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 02:16 AM
link   
YEA!!!

See ladies, men are better at being women than women are!!

(Did I do it right?)

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
The woman of the year award suddenly means so much less to me.

Definitely!
Especially when you're a woman.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
YEA!!!

See ladies, men are better at being women than women are!!

(Did I do it right?)

Absolutely!

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Its a gay magazine that
next to no-one reads....it has no influence among everyday people just the trannies

edit on 15-10-2023 by redbackd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   
A transgender is named "Woman of the Year" by a gay magazine and it's caused a "fury" among it's audience?

Yeah, riiiiight. Who needs some attention?

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I am a woman and I am not offended by this, but I do find it very sad and unnecessary.

I find all these competitions ridiculous no matter what the competitions are about. These competitions are outdated and a part of the past - or they should be because we should be better by now!

People who take part in these competitions always have a need to prove something (they are not at peace with themselves) - and it doesn't matter if it is males or females, etc.

This is just another way to distract us so we don't fight "them", but instead fight each other.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
A transgender is named "Woman of the Year" by a gay magazine and it's caused a "fury" among it's audience?

Not among its audience.
Others who have learnt the news criticised the magazine.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkyAngel
I am a woman and I am not offended by this, but I do find it very sad and unnecessary.

I find all these competitions ridiculous no matter what the competitions are about. These competitions are outdated and a part of the past - or they should be because we should be better by now!

People who take part in these competitions always have a need to prove something (they are not at peace with themselves) - and it doesn't matter if it is males or females, etc.

This is just another way to distract us so we don't fight "them", but instead fight each other.

Yes, these competitions are ridiculous.
But equally important what is ridiculous and unacceptable is the continuous mockery of women when figures like Dylan Mulvaney are promoted through the media.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

please, as woman I can assure you there's barely a thing that matters less to me than who Attitude has as their woman of the year.
If they'd have come to me and asked I'd have politely said no thanks.
So let them give it to someone who appreciates it.
Nobody cares except a bunch of Kevins & Karins who get their daily fix of outrage anyways.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

please, as woman I can assure you there's barely a thing that matters less to me than who Attitude has as their woman of the year.
If they'd have come to me and asked I'd have politely said no thanks.
So let them give it to someone who appreciates it.
Nobody cares except a bunch of Kevins & Karins who get their daily fix of outrage anyways.

Is Kevins and Karins a derogatory term used by the trans community? I haven't heard this term for a long time now.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Not a woman

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rikgrimsby
Not a woman

You will be accused of bigotry and trabsphobia...
edit on 15-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   

A Gay lifestyle magazine names a transgender person woman of the year and that's a shocking surprise ?

Colour me neither surprised or shocked.
edit on 15-10-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   

yeah most probs, and just for saying the facts

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

A Gay lifestyle magazine names a transgender person woman of the year and that's a shocking surprise ?

Colour me neither surprised or shocked.

It didn't use to be like that before...
I think the gay community has been hijacked by its T new members.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

all 5 readers are angry.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Dylan is a dude in a dress. He will always be a dude with makup and a dress. But if it makes him happy to pretend, great.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
...and the more exposure you give these attention seekers the more influential they become. Just quit talking about them and they'll disappear like a fart in a Category 5

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join