It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday The 13th Poll: Day of Jihad

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   
We've heard the calls from Hamas. Make Friday The 13th a day of angry Jihad. They are calling for civil disobedience and acts of aggression.

Apart from my concern for every Synagogue on Earth, I have a question.

The poll question:

Should anyone that listens to Hamas and acts beyond a peaceful (albeit angry) demonstration be considered a terrorist?

Like say BLM Chicago latches on and starts a riot? Tips a cop car? Loots a department store? Do we clear our a wing at Florence ADMAX for event organizers and participants that didn't stay peaceful?

People are allowed to be stupid and blind. They can think it's a zionist occupation and even chant "Gas the Jews". I might get sick by it. But it's their right to be stupid and hold up signs.

Should we take away the spirit of the law for people that get violent or destructive on behest of Hamas.

Thoughts?
edit on 13-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Acceptable free speech and expression doesn't need defending or protected.

That doesn't mean that folks shouldn't protect themselves in any way they deem fit.
edit on 12-10-2023 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
# Israel # Palestine, I want a refund.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
# Israel # Palestine, I want a refund.

No refunds.

All your Ukraine funds are belong to us.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:49 PM
link   

What are you asking with this cryptic question?

"Should we take away the spirit of the law for people that get violent or destructive on behest of Hamas."

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Letter of the law vs Spirit of the law. Comes up in ethics class if you've ever taken one.

Honestly, stupid college kids incensed to riot tomorrow are acting as stupid kids. They've been to school for a year or two, after all.

Do we take that leeway away and use the technicality that engaging in civil untest (beyond peaceful) on behest of Hamas, is an act of terrorism?

Give them a Holiday in Cambodia...

In the form of a scared straight Guantanamo treatment.
edit on 13-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Should anyone that listens to Hamas and acts beyond a peaceful (albeit angry) demonstration be considered a terrorist?

If they commit acts of violence they should be prosecuted under whatever applicable laws. That being said, most of this will be on Liberal college campuses and in Liberal cities, so they'll get about the same "punishment" that shop lifters and rioters like BLM and ANTIFA have gotten, so basically a slap on the wrist.

Anything more would hurt their feelz.

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   

It's relative to the damage done. As it should be in all matter of law: it needs to be appropriate.
Does a car burn down is it the value of the car + whatever fees for disrupting 'public peace'
Is it sthg more severe and people die ... well if you look at how the last terror attacks went = they tend to not survive anyways.

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
We've heard the calls from Hamas. Make Friday The 13th a day of angry Jihad. They are calling for civil disobedience and acts of aggression.

Apart from my concern for every Synagogue on Earth, I have a question.

The poll question:

Like say BLM Chicago latches on and starts a riot? Tips a cop car? Loots a department store? Do we clear our a wing at Florence ADMAX for event organizers and participants that didn't stay peaceful?

People are allowed to be stupid and blind. They can think it's a zionist occupation and even chant "Gas the Jews". I might get sick by it. But it's their right to be stupid and hold up signs.

Should we take away the spirit of the law for people that get violent or destructive on behest of Hamas.

Thoughts?

Demonstrating peacefully and civilly brings a more positive focus to the message, the overt destruction of public and private property and the threat to other people sends the wrong message.

Hell, we still have areas that were affected last round, that haven't recovered.

That said I don't think we will see too much beyond peaceful demonstrations here and there.

The main question is what happens in the Middle East obviously, fairly large demonstration in Jordan, let's see what happens over there.

What was the DEFCON message?

"Confidence remains high"

Meanwhile in....
Jordan
x.com...
Baghdad
x.com...
France
x.com...
Beijing
x.com...
Washington DC
x.com...
Jerusalem
x.com...
Israelis are preventing prayer at the Al Aqsa Mosque

edit on 13-10-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

you can open and run your pie hole to your hearts content, once you start sh@@ all bets are off.

by that i mean if you try to punch, kick, bite, scratch, claw somebody, you throw a rock, swing a stick, turn over cars, vandalize property trying to destroy it, attack people with intent to cause bodily harm or kill them, under the pretext of a angry jihad, you become come a jihadist (whether that your religion or not). what ever happens to you is on your head.

the only good jihadist is a dead jihadist, the only good jihadist supporter is a dead jihadist supporter.

just a quick vocabulary lesson from Websters

ji·​had ji-ˈhäd
1 : a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty also : a personal struggle in devotion to Islam especially involving spiritual discipline
2 : a crusade for a principle or belie

noun ji·​had·​ist ji-ˈhä-dist
chiefly British -ˈha- : a Muslim who advocates or participates in a jihad

edit on 13-10-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

the only good jihadist is a dead jihadist, the only good jihadist supporter is a dead jihadist supporter.

Truth

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

I called it last night whilst talking to a friend... I Just knew something would go down in France.

edit on 13-10-2023 by Tagz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I will give a tentative YES.

Over and over on MSNBC I've heard Frank Figliuzzi (Former Assistant Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation for Counterintelligence) complain that there are no laws on the books regarding domestic terrorism, but there are laws about international terrorism. This usually comes up when discussing white nationalists and other antisemitic groups operating within the U.S.

So if a designated international terrorist group calls for violence and people respond with violence, it probably does fall under international terrorism statutes. But I'm not an expert on such things. Somebody should look up the rules.

18 USC Ch. 113B: TERRORISM
edit on 13-10-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

§2332b. Acts of terrorism transcending national boundaries
(a) Prohibited Acts.—

(1) Offenses.—Whoever, involving conduct transcending national boundaries and in a circumstance described in subsection (b)—

(A) kills, kidnaps, maims, commits an assault resulting in serious bodily injury, or assaults with a dangerous weapon any person within the United States; or

(B) creates a substantial risk of serious bodily injury to any other person by destroying or damaging any structure, conveyance, or other real or personal property within the United States or by attempting or conspiring to destroy or damage any structure, conveyance, or other real or personal property within the United States;

in violation of the laws of any State, or the United States, shall be punished as prescribed in subsection (c).

(2) Treatment of threats, attempts and conspiracies.—Whoever threatens to commit an offense under paragraph (1), or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be punished under subsection (c).

(b) Jurisdictional Bases.—

(1) Circumstances.—The circumstances referred to in subsection (a) are—

(A) the mail or any facility of interstate or foreign commerce is used in furtherance of the offense;

(B) the offense obstructs, delays, or affects interstate or foreign commerce, or would have so obstructed, delayed, or affected interstate or foreign commerce if the offense had been consummated;

(C) the victim, or intended victim, is the United States Government, a member of the uniformed services, or any official, officer, employee, or agent of the legislative, executive, or judicial branches, or of any department or agency, of the United States;

(D) the structure, conveyance, or other real or personal property is, in whole or in part, owned, possessed, or leased to the United States, or any department or agency of the United States;

(E) the offense is committed in the territorial sea (including the airspace above and the seabed and subsoil below, and artificial islands and fixed structures erected thereon) of the United States; or

(F) the offense is committed within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

(2) Co-conspirators and accessories after the fact.—Jurisdiction shall exist over all principals and co-conspirators of an offense under this section, and accessories after the fact to any offense under this section, if at least one of the circumstances described in subparagraphs (A) through (F) of paragraph (1) is applicable to at least one offender.

(c) Penalties.—

(1) Penalties.—Whoever violates this section shall be punished—

(A) for a killing, or if death results to any person from any other conduct prohibited by this section, by death, or by imprisonment for any term of years or for life;

(B) for kidnapping, by imprisonment for any term of years or for life;

(C) for maiming, by imprisonment for not more than 35 years;

(D) for assault with a dangerous weapon or assault resulting in serious bodily injury, by imprisonment for not more than 30 years;

(E) for destroying or damaging any structure, conveyance, or other real or personal property, by imprisonment for not more than 25 years;

(F) for attempting or conspiring to commit an offense, for any term of years up to the maximum punishment that would have applied had the offense been completed; and

(G) for threatening to commit an offense under this section, by imprisonment for not more than 10 years.

Too lazy to fix all the formatting but people interested can look it up.
edit on 13-10-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tagz
www.bbc.co.uk...

I called it last night whilst talking to a friend... I Just knew something would go down in France.

From that article, it doesn't appear to be linked to the call for jihad today. Just another refugee with a knife that, very unfortunately, killed an innocent person.

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   

There has been a lot to domestic terrorism over the last several years and I don’t think anyone has been considered a terrorist.
Peaceful protestor and insurrection have been thrown around though.🤷‍♂️

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If they stay peaceful, then it is their right to protest. They should be allowed to protest and not hindered as long as they stay peaceful.

If they riot/loot/destroy property that is not theirs/become violent
then they SHOULD be prosecuted to the fullest extent under the law.
They ARE terrorists and should be treated as such under the law.

However,

that said,

the liberal left controls most major cities where this is likely to happen
the liberal left supports Palestine as seen in the voices coming from (D) in Congress like the squad
the liberal left teaches students in elite universities to be antisemitic as we have seen with Harvard
the liberal left is becoming more and more open in their antisemitic rhetoric

the liberal left controls the DOJ and justice system in most major cities

therefore if the Day of Jihad becomes violent in the US
either NOTHING WILL HAPPEN to those who become violent
as we often saw with BLM riots/looting/violence/destruction/even the burning of buildings with families inside
OR
they will get the equivalent of a parking ticket and a wink and a nod
from the DOJ and liberal DA's in Dem run cities and states

This is the way it is in the US today,
it is something we have to accept
that one political party controls the justice system in the US
and people who worship their ideology
or vote for them
can commit crimes and get away with nothing more than a wink and a nod fine

Our current administration will not allow them to be deemed the terrorists they are if they engage in BLM like behavior, which is terroristic.
edit on 10/13/23 by The2Billies because: spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
no, but its clearly setting up sides so when the ground war kicks off in full it can get violent and it will as we're nearly at the point of normalising the idea the certain groups deserve it, if anything this is like the 1930s as Jewish schools in my country have already closed as the basic protections generally afforded children in democracies are breaking down.

the problem for Europe in particular is the authorities are locked into supporting multiculturalism so will do all they can to mask its failure which will just make wants to come worse..

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
So far a grand total of 2 incidents have taken place-One checen student attacked a teacher with a knife in France.
Not surprising as france has a serious jihadi element in their society.
The other was someone in china-dont know what religion-has stabbed an Israeli diplomat.
That was more surprising although I imagine the ccp news are pushing the "evil israel" line,so maybe it should be expected.

BOTH of those people are terrorists IMO.

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

we're also not fully past Friday prayers [here] yet nor the big tipping point which will be the ground invasion..

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I guess this has to play itself out.

If you look at how and why this whole mess started, it was going to come to a head sooner or later.

Britain's gesture of setting up the Jews a homeland in Palestine was never a noble loving gesture. Britain was double and triple dealing, lying, and setting several countries up, so they could line their coffers.

This started as a tempest in a teapot that was always going to blow up. It has just gone on a lot longer than first expected, with a few surprises and backfires long the way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join