It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA Likely Has Evidence if God Exists or Not

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

We have been through this before randomuser.

The Bible is nothing more than a product of man with all his fears and fallibilities laid bare, both testaments.

It's not the word of God but that of the religious priest cast. It's not about science, but about control.

Anyhoo cheers for the scripture and all the same, as i appreciate the sentiment.
edit on 13-10-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The Bible is nothing more than a product of man with all his fears and fallibilities laid bare, both testaments.

It's not the word of God but that of the religious priest cast. It's not about science, but about control.

I find it interesting reading the bible as a believer -- then years later reading it as a non-believer.

Totally different perspective.

Not that I ever totally "bought it" -- but I was raised Christian.

edit on 13-10-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I was christened a protestant Annee.

Suppose i still pay the religion some lip service at the likes of Easter and Christmas time.

As to my opinion on God, I'm on the fence i suppose.

My thinking being, given the vast size, and scale of our universe, and the sheer totality of it all, if there is a creator force or god, the ability to commune with such may be somewhat above humanity's pay grade.

Of course that does not mean we should not endeavor to understand our universe and attempt to resolve our place in such.

edit on 13-10-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Anyhoo cheers for the scripture and all the same, as i appreciate the sentiment.

My apologies if I repeated something to you. I don't always remember everyone I speak to online here. Thank you for being polite. And I respect your point of view. Hope you have a good day.

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I was christened a protestant Annee.

Suppose i still pay the religion some lip service at the likes of Easter and Christmas time.

As to my opinion on God, I'm on the fence i suppose.

My thinking being, given the vast size, and scale of our universe, and the sheer totality of it all, if there is a creator force or god, the ability to commune with such may be somewhat above humanity's pay grade.

Of course that does not mean we should not endeavor to understand our universe and attempt to resolve our place in such.

The epiphany I had when I stepped completely out of the "God Circle" -- hit me like a lightning bolt.

I - me - am 100% responsible for me. Decisions, thoughts, actions, etc -- all me. No "go to" guy, no forgiveness, no reward at the end.

What I contribute to mankind is all there is.

I - me - living, contributing in the now for me, mankind, my planet. Not a reward after I die.

The CIA Likely Has Evidence if God Exists or Not -- trying to stay on topic.

I look at off-planet beings as anthropologists (mostly). If we were to contact another world -- we wouldn't be sending "George from next door". We would need to contact and make deals with their government so our anthropologists could study them.

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Wow. So mean.

Well to your credit most of your answers reflect honesty but your
initial attitude towards what others believe comes off with
tremendous arrogance. Ergo reason.

To mock and laugh at what others believe in any century displays a
total lack of human sensitivity bordering on narcissism, as well as
a lack of knowledge about the subject.

For instance the parts of what you believe that you only ever have
an IDK. Are by far the hugest parts. So if I were to say something
like:

Well this is 21st century why don't you know?

I think I would be very ignorant to say that because what century were
in has nothing to do with it. Also take into account I'm no "Preacher" not
even a "holy roller". But niether one of has all the answers and the holes
in what you believe are of no slight measure to be sure. In fact they're
huge. So IMO to come off as if everyone who doesn't think like you is
ignorant. Is pretty ignorant on more than one level.

Oh, you mean like how religions are open minded to change and new information? That type of open mindedness?

See where you just went with that? Of course that's not what I mean.
Why did you resort to such an adolescent answer when you know
the question was posited in scientific protocol? You're a smart M@$%^
*&^&*r giving an answer that I can best describe as far beneath you.

I challenge you to open your mind instead of boxing it up like
you think your brain might fall out. For only one reason, science is never
going to achieve life.
Because that's the part that God reserved to himself only. And not
you nor science the devil the Angels not even Cecil B. DeMille
will ever pull that one off. So I'm not simply just saying "God did it".
I'm saying no one else can could or should.

But don't expect to be taken seriously in a room of people who use science and technology to move us forward.

I don't expect anything.
Move us forward as far as you can with that room full. Just
don't act or try to be that which you deny exists in the first
place. Nothing wrong with humbling yourselves in fact it's far
more attractive.

I don't want you to believe me or anyone else not even that room full
you mentioned. I don't! What I believe is based on my own journey
to find out the answers I feel made the most sense at ten years old.
Never went thru the doors of a church with my parents. Didn't know
what the truth was.

So I can't apologize for the side I came down on because your science
has never given me one good reason to change my mind in 54 years.
So that's my Gospel my testimony. And with an open mind for
science to show me where I'm wrong. It isn't my wish to insult you or
a room full or science in any way.

I just hope to give you enough reason to feel the same towards others.
Maybe turn your science down a notch or something HIDK. But in the
end of course I applaud your knowledge as I hope you have some room
left for wisdom.

Is that so bad?

edit on 13-10-2023 by Saloon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

I don't have a problem with it, it provides a nice opportunity to talk about what is science and what isn't (or what you can view as science, or scientific or not). It's always a good thing to re-emphasize the demarcation lines between fact and fiction, or science vs opinions/philosophies/ideas, i.e. philosophy, interpretation, speculation, imagination, hypothesizing, "wishful speculations" (these do not all have the exact same meaning, but they all have the nature of being based on what we do not know for sure, as opposed to science/knowledge that we do know for sure, i.e. facts/certainties/truths/realities).

Here's a quote I just ran into in the comment section of a youtube video about the Israel-Palestine conflict, which I rather liked and made me think of my commentary in this thread concerning how to tell the difference between fact and fiction and how propaganda* tries to blur those demarcation lines. *: or the attempt at marketing unverified philosophies under the marketingbanner "science", such as what is done when we're talking about evolutionary propaganda, or propaganda that promotes philosophical naturalism (usually under the same marketingbanner).

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt

“But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Hebrews 5:14)

Synonyms for "right" and "wrong" are "true" and "false" respectively.

Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda! (Awake!—2000)

Use discernment: Discernment is “acuteness of judgment.” It is “the power or faculty of the mind by which it distinguishes one thing from another.” A person with discernment perceives subtleties of ideas or things and has good judgment.

Using discernment, we will be able to recognize those who are merely using “smooth talk and complimentary speech” in order to “seduce the hearts of guileless ones.” (Romans 16:18) Discernment enables you to discard irrelevant information or misleading facts and distinguish the substance of a matter. But how can you discern when something is misleading?

Put information to the test: ...

edit on 16-10-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join