It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Health Secretary to ban transwomen from female hospital wards

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Seeing as how you know more about male breast cancer than the NHS, can you poo poo what Macmillan Cancer Trust has to say about it?

www.macmillan.org.uk...

"Most breast cancers in men are invasive. This means the cancer cells have spread outside the lining of the ducts of the breast and into surrounding breast tissue. There are two main types:

No special type
This is the most common type of invasive breast cancer. About 7 to 9 out of 10 breast cancers in men (70% to 90%) are this type. This is when cancer cells are examined under the microscope and they have no specific features. They are called breast cancer of ‘no special type’ (NST) or ‘not otherwise specified’ (NOS).
Special types
Some cells have features that identify them as a specific type of breast cancer. These are called ‘special type’ breast cancers. They are named depending on how the cells look under a microscope. The types include tubular, medullary, mucinous and cribriform.
Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) is the earliest form of breast cancer. In DCIS there are cancer cells in the ducts of the breast, but these cells are contained (in situ). They have not spread into normal breast tissue. It is much less common in men than in women. Less than 1 in 10 breast cancers in men (10%) are DCIS"

Over to you, doc?
edit on 10-10-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"Men don't experience menopause
Men don't get cervical cancer
Men don't get pregnant
Men don't get breast cancer"

Agreed, when have I ever suggested otherwise?

Apart from the breast cancer bit.

Which is a fact.

Why do you constantly engage in strawman arguments and misrepresent other poster's views?

Is it just to support your cognitive bias?

That's not a fact but misleading terminology just as that: not only women experience menopause. Both statements made on your NHS website. And there other misleading statements all over the place.

Men don't have breasts and don't get breast cancer. I am sure if you go to breast cancer clinic you will see only women.

Men have only nipples and some tissue behind these nipples. If they call it breast it's another issue.

Just because it says in the website doesn't make it true. The same website says that not only women experience menopause. Which is a seriously retarded statement.
edit on 10-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Unfortunately men do get breast cancer......there are loads of videos about it on youtube.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So, you disagree with Macmillan Cancer Trust?

One of the most respected Cancer charities?

Then may I respectfully suggest that you write to them and teach them the error of their ways.

Instead of spamming these boards with ignorant opinions.

You do know that this site's motto is "Deny Ignorance"?

Which is what I am doing.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

True.

I had a colleague that died from it thinking it couldn't be a thing.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So, you disagree with Macmillan Cancer Trust?

One of the most respected Cancer charities?

Then may I respectfully suggest that you write to them and teach them the error of their ways.

Instead of spamming these boards with ignorant opinions.

You do know that this site's motto is "Deny Ignorance"?

Which is what I am doing.

I disagree with misleading terminology which is all over the place. The same site that discusses breast cancer in men says about menopause in people who are not women or identify as women. You can't take them seriously.

It's precisely why the Health Secretary wants to end the misleading terminology in the NHS and not to allow transwomen in female hospital wards.

If you call the tissue behind a man's nipples as breast then that's another issue. I know that only women have breasts. Men have only small tissue behind their nipples.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So, you have nothing to say about Macmillan Cancer Trusts website?

Just more noise?

Misleading terminology.
The cancer is real but the problem is the name given. Men have nipples and a bit of tissue behind them. Is this a breast? Or some terminology has changed since I went to school?

Likewise you have people who experience menopause. But I ve learnt that only women experience menopause. The NHS site provides again misleading information.

Then you have people who present themselves as women and want to be admitted in female hospital wards. But I know that presenting yourself as a woman doesn't make you one.

Then the NHS says the following

Gender identity and gender should not be confused with biological sex. And then it gives a number of genders.

But I ve learnt there are only two genders and what the NHS says is inaccurate and again misleading unless we were not taught well in school.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Sue your school?

Like I said, do you claim to be more knowledgeable about such things than Macmillan Cancer Trust and the like?

I have also agreed that there are only two genders yet you still bang on at me.

So, get on to Macmillan and teach them how wrong they are.

I'm sure that they will surrender and be assimilated by your superior knowledge?

No?

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Sue your school?

Like I said, do you claim to be more knowledgeable about such things than Macmillan Cancer Trust and the like?

I have also agreed that there are only two genders yet you still bang on at me.

So, get on to Macmillan and teach them how wrong they are.

I'm sure that they will surrender and be assimilated by your superior knowledge?

No?

So you agree your NHS is full of s#@£ on a number of occasions such as when they say

Menopause means 'the last menstrual period'. It's not only those who identify as women who will experience menopause. Some transgender men, non-binary people and intersex people or people with variations in sex characteristics may also experience menopause.

And when they say

Gender is more complex. It refers to our internal sense of who we are and how we see and describe ourselves.

Someone may see themselves as a man, a woman or neither (non-binary). Being non-binary can mean having no gender, a different gender, or being in between genders. Gender can be fixed or fluid. Some people identify with a gender opposite to the sex they were registered with.

Pretty much everything in these paragraphs is inaccurate and misleading or false.

When the same system of care speaks about breast cancer in men one has to think where about are the male breasts? Do you mean the nipples and the bit of tissue behind them? That's very different to what breasts are in women.

It seems to me that their terminology is problematic and it had been confused. I don't contest that cancers can grow in this area of the male body. I do however contest the terminology and definitions.

When we think of breast cancer and mastectomies our minds go to women. When adverts are shown on TV or online about breast cancer, prevention and screening, it's only for women as women are associated traditionally with the disease and breasts.

I don't know why you're using McMillan or whatever it's called. We were talking about your NHS by the way.

My school taught me well and taught me critical thinking. That's why I don't accept terms such as men who get pregnant, men who experience menopause, 72 genders, men who get cervical cancers, men who have breasts, men who transform into women by removing their external genitalia and and taking hormones and then present themselves to a female hospital ward for treatment.

posted on Oct, 11 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

"Gender identity and gender should not be confused with biological sex. "

Yet you are confusing those two things?

Think about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

So, you have nothing to say about Macmillan Cancer Trusts website?

Just more noise?

Misleading terminology.
The cancer is real but the problem is the name given. Men have nipples and a bit of tissue behind them. Is this a breast? Or some terminology has changed since I went to school?

Would be your school teaching biology inncorrectly as It's always been called the breast in biological males anatomy/medicine wise - all biological males are mammals and all have mammary glands.

It's rarely reffered to as breast in non-scientific/everyday conversation but it's been called male breast in biology for 1000s for years.

A number of biological females similarly have a prostate and get prostate cancer as there's a lot of variation in skene's glands size and mass (g, x, y and z spot).

---
I support the idea of the ban but they'd have to be incredibly precise about the wording of it to avoid issues banning biological males from visiting hours and lots of clauses to avoid biological male and females if/when major incidents and similar are declared.

If Drs and nurses are forced to check for a penis before a pulse through poorly worded red tape it would only add to the multiple crises the NHS is currently experiencing that the government are only adding to.

Unless the Health Sec gets his priorities right or the government their wont be any Drs, nurses or NHS and the Tories are desperate to privatise it.
edit on 11-10-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join