It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DISOBEY in an openly visual manner and you will inspire non-compliance in those around you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Rich or not, opinions are opinions, if want want to blow out someone's candle to make you look bright, nobody is stopping you. We are who we are and everybody is free to say and do as he likes. There's a wrong and a right and everybody gets their share.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Untun
Neither the thread or the observation I shared have anything to do with me looking bright.

OP shared an idea and I pointed out how this idea, when applied to his own religious beliefs, would work against those beliefs. The reply was, that's different, that's divine authority.

It wasn't until recently in human history that people started questioning the divine authority of kings and religious leaders.

The same people who told you that god exists and gave them that authority. You don't see the circular logic in that?

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Sounds like bigotry from your side.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why, because I can entertain the idea that religions where fabricated by men to control the masses?

Because I can see the similarities between that and the use of media spread fear to do the same while some apply a double standard?

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   

So? We have laws that do they same thing. Obey them and you are golden, disobey and you are levied a penalty ranging from community service to death, depending on the law you violated.

this is the basis of civilization

But maybe you are the one playing both dumb and peevish.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels
That was my point.

Glad you agree.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I guess I'll just see this post not the way you meant it be seen using mental gymnastics to understand it as something positive.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
I guess I'll just see this post not the way you meant it be seen using mental gymnastics to understand it as something positive.

It wasn't positive and wasn't meant to be. It was objective.

Like CoyoteAngels said right above our posts, "We have laws that do they same thing. Obey them and you are golden, disobey and you are levied a penalty ranging from community service to death, depending on the law you violated."

The OP, in the very title, says "DISOBEY in an openly visual manner" and my post, in a roundabout way, said "you wouldn't agree if we did that with the laws of your god".

They showed that they wouldn't when they used a double standard in their reply stating that was divine law.

Divine law according to who, the kings, popes, cult leaders who said that was how it was?

Don't mind me, go on with your thing. I thought we were having a conversation but it seems you don't want to hear alternative opinions.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Yea, alternative opinions to what you really posted.

Bye.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Alternative opinions of what I, me, myself posted?

Naw, you just didn't get it at first and that is why I had to explain what I meant and even after explaining you don't want to accept that was what was meant.

edit on 17-9-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 05:46 AM
link   

It's cool now. In case we need to agree to disagree, let's do so.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
It's cool now. In case we need to agree to disagree, let's do so.

How do you agree to disagree about what you meant when you know exactly what you meant?

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

That's how it works, that's what it's all about.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   
No, I can agree to drop it, but not because I agree to disagree.

There is no way for me to disagree with what I posted and meant. If I had disagreed I wouldn't have posted it or explained what I meant.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Sure, nowhere did I ask to disagree with what you meant. Agreeing to disagree would be between us.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Naw:

This is all about you saying I meant something else, AKA, putting words in my mouth and I will not agree to that.

I will just drop it, since this thread seems to be all but dead.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join