It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Monster Hunt Begins Today - Biggest since 1972

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Theres nothing in Loch Ness .. hardly any fish ... so what would a large um monster be eating?

Salmon and Trout I guess.

Guided Fishing Tours on Loch Ness including full use of equipment and tuition. Fishing for ferox trout, sea trout, brown trout and the mighty Atlantic salmon - you never know what you will catch in Loch Ness!
www.visitscotland.com...#

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Not in the quantities that would need to feed a family of monsters.

For comparison , how would a school of Orcas survive in loch ness, yes its fresh water,and they couldnrt actually live there, but how would creatures of this size manage to feed and survive.
A few trout isnt going to cut it.

Load of codswallop.

edit on Sat, 26 Aug 2023 17:50:12 -0500505America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Didn't some old timers admit on their deathbeds they concocted to whole thing?

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Can't they just leave those creatures live in peace? I am glad that bigfoot is still considered a fable, because they will survive that way. I thought the Yeti was hunted to extinction back in the forties, but that was just in Europe from what I read, and by the DNR and other wildlife agencies denying their existance, it lowers the amount of hunters out there. Always remember this, just because they do not exist, it does not mean you can shoot these rare creatures if you see them, there is no open season on them....which means if you shoot one or kill one intentionally, you can face a big fine and can be jailed if you get caught. In essence, they are protected because there is no season on them.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jarsue97

Didn't some old timers admit on their deathbeds they concocted to whole thing?

No , the tale of the Monster goes right back to St. Columba.

Reports of a monster inhabiting Loch Ness date back to ancient times. Notably, local stone carvings by the Pict depict a mysterious beast with flippers. The first written account appears in a 7th-century biography of St. Columba. According to that work, in 565 AD the monster bit a swimmer and was prepared to attack another man when Columba intervened, ordering the beast to “go back.” It obeyed, and over the centuries only occasional sightings were reported. Many of these alleged encounters seemed inspired by Scottish folklore, which abounds with mythical water creatures.
www.britannica.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Agree that it should just be left alone. It is better not only for the creature, if it exists, but for the welfare and tourism of the Lock Ness towns as well.

Further, if it is located and proven, it will cause so much exploitation that it will eventually cost the creature(s) it's privacy, and eventually it's life.

Animals newly discovered by humans usually do not do so well... citing the extinction of the DoDo Bird, Passenger Pigeon and Stellar's Sea Cow.

edit on 27-8-2023 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Agree that it should just be left alone. It is better not only for the creature, if it exists, but for the welfare and tourism of the Lock Ness towns as well.

It could be argued the Monster hunt is good for the local economy as not only the influx of people this weekend but publicity it generates is good for local businesses , the Monster is a myth so it is in no danger from the hunt but in an age of certainties it's nice to indulge in a little fantasy.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I'll go with that. The creature is most likely a myth, and in that case the business is good for them.
If it is discovered however, they should enact laws to protect it from further exploitations.

edit on 27-8-2023 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Well, look at Santa Claus and Christmas.

Most myths have some kind of message or reason for their existence steeped in reality.

I don't think there will be a monster either.

But i do think over the years people have seen stuff floating around in the loch that cannot be explained that they may possibly have taken to resemble a monster.

Especially if there was whiskey involved, but that's another creature.

edit on 27-8-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The only beast that was ever in loch Ness was Alister Crowley.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Was there not also some speculation as to Crowley supposedly summoning the beast?

www.spookyisles.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Double my bad.
edit on 27-8-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
The only beast that was ever in loch Ness was Alister Crowley.

Although tales of the beast in the Loch predate Crowley , the beast allegedly released by Crowley was said to inhabit Boleskine House where he conducted his ritual.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   

sounds like a play at increasing the tourism in the area especially after this noob 'error'

Nessie hunters hear sounds but fail to record them

Observers on a boat using acoustic equipment reported four unidentified "gloops" but then realised their recording device wasn't plugged in.

I mean were these the type of scientists that were part of the prometheus crew

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
While I find this new attempt to find Nessy and can not wait to see the documentaries, I feel they will find nothing.

I am watching right now in the History channel one of the latest episodes of the Search for aliens with Giorgio A. Tsoukalos and very interestingly it was about loch Ness and, Lake Champlain champ similar monsters, both lakes have something in common and is the amount of quartz in the waters, physicist believe that it could be a window in time been open in the ancient lakes once in a while that will bring the monsters to our time, but while people are able to see them they are not actually there.

The theory is very interesting.

BTW the Lake Champlain monster picture taken years ago was certified 100% authentic.

The photo Sandra Mansi took in 1977 of 'Champ', the lake monster, is very interesting.
I know the skeptics say it is nothing more than a tree branch, but I don't believe it - I've seen blow-ups of the photo which apparently show the eye of the creature, and the perfect shape of its' head, neck and body coming out of the water is of some type of long-necked animal. There is also a 'disturbance' in the water, right in front of the figure, as if there was some type of 'flipper' or something similar.
Mansi passed away not long ago, and insisted until her death that this was a live creature coming out of Lake Champlain.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Loch Ness is unique in its channels to the North Sea, and its biodiversity appears adequate to sustain a small community of "others".

I am glad for the recent studies on the Loch. It shouldn't be a great stretch of anyone's brain cells to imagine a land-locked creature from a range of previous epochs. I almost hope nothing is ever discovered, as that proof would surely result in the creature's demise, humans being the exploitive creatures that we are.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Yes I believe that her story, after all the photograph was put under all kind of modern technology for authenticity and came back 100% real.

The theory of windows in time into our present is not farfetched, we were told for decades that Allies were anything but out of this word and look at the government now.

It is possible to be wormholes in certain areas of our planet and anything can happen.

Our reality may no be what is seems or what we are been told that is.

edit on 27-8-2023 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   
m.youtube.com...

I live near loch Ness , worked at the visitor centre nearly 40 years ago as well as Aleister Crowleys former home ,this area is desolate and nobody would come out and say they saw anything for fear of the ribbing they would get and the acausations of being a drunken idiot would follow you for the rest of your days , your loved ones would sign you into the local nut house as 98 % of the locals think Nessie is a tourist thing and only appears at the start of the year .

Thing is this area is very volcanic and a few claim there are tunnels that connect loch Ness to other Lochs and to the sea .

40 years ago a old gamekeeper confirmed he had seen something weird crawl back into the water early one morning and I do not think he was telling lies it had taken a few bottles of whisky that night to even get that out of him , and another guy I know a clan chief who stays right at the water told me a similar thing , again I think he was telling the truth .

I lived a few hundred miles away years ago and saw something that had me searching in the cripto zoology forums for giant arachnoid things so I do not scoff at such things now , a good bit older and slightly wiser especially after someone posted a video of a massive octopus running down the beach somewhere in the Mediterranean, it was between 8 to 9 foot tall and using 4 of its limbs as feet and could outrun a Olympic athlete , it had been snatching dogs ,cats and alegedly people from this area .

Thankfully Nessie seems to be a vegetarian

O did I go hunt for Nessie this weekend , like hell it was chucking it down and the midges would have been crazy out there
edit on 27/8/2023 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join