It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former British Olympic Swimmer dies suddenly in her sleep aged 42

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Olympic swimmer Helen Smart was tragically found dead by her four-year-old daughter who told her husband: 'Daddy, I can't wake mummy up.'

The mother-of-two, 42, was unresponsive when her daughter Heidi tried to get in with her at 4am during a family celebration in the Lake District.

The family were at a large cottage on the the banks of Lake Coniston and Helen had been paddle boarding at dusk on Friday night just hours before she died.

Some very sad news about Helen Smart who was a former British Olympic swimmer and died in her sleep, as the article from the dailymail reported, aged 42. The cause of her death hasn't been determined yet but it's a tragic loss especially as a young and supposedly healthy person (although I am not sure if she had any underlying health issues but it doesn't seem she had any). RIP and condolences to her family and friends.

www.bbc.com...

news.sky.com...

edit on 16-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Likely heart related. Sad to see her go so young.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Likely heart related. Sad to see her go so young.

This is what I am thinking too.
Very sad given her age.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Before everyone starts jumping on you know what…

Remember Bob Harper, fitness fanatic and he was on that show biggest loser.
He too had a heart attack and if you looked or knew him you’d say he was one of the most healthy
People possible. All before Covid.

Not saying Covid and/or the vaccines aren’t causing some of this, but I hate when people think it’s the only thing causing this.

I was friends with a lady and her fiancé dealt with some interesting items. When I was at their house FAMOUS athletes would come and get “stuff” all the time. I was shocked, but not shocked.
There was a famous trainer that once said the way all the athletes kept the weight off was drugs, tons and tons of drugs.
That stuff usually catches up with people right around the age of 40-50

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Before everyone starts jumping on you know what…

Remember Bob Harper, fitness fanatic and he was on that show biggest loser.
He too had a heart attack and if you looked or knew him you’d say he was one of the most healthy
People possible. All before Covid.

Not saying Covid and/or the vaccines aren’t causing some of this, but I hate when people think it’s the only thing causing this.

I was friends with a lady and her fiancé dealt with some interesting items. When I was at their house FAMOUS athletes would come and get “stuff” all the time. I was shocked, but not shocked.
There was a famous trainer that once said the way all the athletes kept the weight off was drugs, tons and tons of drugs.
That stuff usually catches up with people right around the age of 40-50

Very much agree with your post and especially the comments about the use of drugs and steroids or whatever else as part of competitive sports.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

There was a famous trainer that once said the way all the athletes kept the weight off was drugs, tons and tons of drugs. That stuff usually catches up with people right around the age of 40-50

This was definitely the case pre early 2000’s. Since then, the science in supplements / vitamins has made leaps and bounds.

Players might play at a high level on drugs, but not for a long time. The body simply breaks down from it. A good example of this is Shawn Kemp. He was notorious for his coke addiction.

An excellent example of a player that’s followed natural means to maintain longevity - and still play at a high level, is Lebron James. He claims he spends over a million a year on all of it.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

There was a famous trainer that once said the way all the athletes kept the weight off was drugs, tons and tons of drugs. That stuff usually catches up with people right around the age of 40-50

This was definitely the case pre early 2000’s. Since then, the science in supplements / vitamins has made leaps and bounds.

Players might play at a high level on drugs, but not for a long time. The body simply breaks down from it. A good example of this is Shawn Kemp. He was notorious for his coke addiction.

An excellent example of a player that’s followed natural means to maintain longevity - and still play at a high level, is Lebron James. He claims he spends over a million a year on all of it.

Getting a supplement or vitamins isn't an issue in terms of health hazards. It's mostly health benefits you get out of it if you use them just as they are intended, supplements.

That's different use illegal drugs and steroids where you will most likely harm yourself in the long term.

But in this case I don't know the cause of death of Helen Smart and all we can do is speculate at this point.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I think everyone here has been trained in how not to make that connection. yet.
If you dare bring up that combination of terms, you are wrong before you start.
So we can just whistle past the graveyard on this one. Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
twitter.com...

This is very sad news. Always a pleasure to interview & always a huge smile on her face. A Fierce competitor. Tributes paid to ‘inspirational’ Commonwealth medallist Helen Smart

From Sharon Davies, former British Olympic Swimmer and Olympic Medalist.

top topics

join