It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO training leaves Ukrainian troops ‘underprepared’ for war

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Now, I am not expert, but I would think this is totally understandable. I can only imagine how every field of conflict is unique, but there must be some consistent tenants of combat that remain true.

I would think a lot of the training would revolve the use of equipment and weapons, as well as certain specialized skills like demolition, military engineering, etc.
edit on 26-8-2023 by Itherael because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itherael
a reply to: putnam6

Now, I am not expert, but I would think this is totally understandable. I can only imagine how every field of conflict is unique, but there must be some consistent tenants of combat that remain true.

I would think a lot of the training would revolve the use of equipment and weapons, as well as certain specialized skills like demolition, military engineering, etc.

The article mentions the facts that Western trainers are technically fine, but lack the experience of what it's like facing a near-peer foe in a nonmiddle eastern desert scenario.

Ukraine just doesn't have the numbers of troops or the mine-clearing vehicles to breach some of the massive minefields the Russians have laid.

Nor the time to learn how

<< 1  2   >>

join