It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Climate Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I've been looking at this for a while now.

People say that sea levels are rising atrociously.

The latest estimate is that sea levels have risen up to 300 feet since the last Ice Age. But only have risen around 25 feet since Roman times. The math on that is very simple.

It means that Humans didn't cause sea levels to rise. And we are only aggravating the problem.

The North American continent is still rebounding from the end of the last Ice Age.

So why are some People being allowed to cause a public panic?

_____

One neat thing that I learned researching Climate Change is that a vast amount of glacial meltwater was dumped into the Gulf of Mexico at the end of the last Ice Age.

When they did Carbon Dating on the debris or whatever on the bottom of the Gulf, it gave them a very interesting time.

It was just about the same time that Plato said Atlantis sunk.

What are the possibilities?

EDIT: Mods, could you move this if it's in the wrong forum, please?
edit on 6-8-2023 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

I think if anyone was paying enough attention to how certain groups of people handled the COVID - 19 pandemic, it can give way to good speculation as to who will attempt to abuse a disaster to gain.
And I'm not spinning a conspiracy here, we have seen it unfold many times and end up in disaster Hitler and his cronies did it with Wiemar germany, Dick Cheney and his GOP hacks did it with 9 / 11, Mao and his unhinged red gaurd causing chaos... notice a pattern here?

Political leaders in todays world were doing the same thing, not as brutal or as destructive, but they certainly did take advantage to gain more power. And I believe with climate change its the same thing. Why can filthy rich people - who basically use their money to lobby - buy into huge scam markets like carbon capturing and still pollute the environment with their yachts and private jets? Do political leaders buy into the same scam to go travel around the world to shake hands and abuse climate change scientists?
It reminds me of how Joseph Stalin died with nothing in his bank account, a few rubles on him and in his safe, and owned basically no property, yet could summon an entire regiment of servicemen, shut down an entire rail line just so he could travel, or convict anyone he wanted without trial, the world was his for the taking pretty much.

Whether we like it or not climate change does happen, and humans aren't doing ourselves any favors by denying it, or, forcing others to live a certain way by making them feel guilty because they drive a car or eat a steak once or twice a month. I'm certainly all for protecting the environment, and trying to reduce our pollution output to protect the evolving world so it changes in a healthy way, but why all the doom and gloom to force people?
The response to climate change and environmental protection initiatives remind me of a certain three or so years. Where politicians scared the crap out of everyone, while doctors and such were forced to play along. Was the pandemic real? Yes, did we need to respond to it in that way, in hind sight, no, but human fear gets the best of people, and some take advantage of that, usually with good intentions in mind sometimes.

I still remember when I was 15 in science class when my teacher talked about the coming Kyoto protocol, where world leaders would get together to discuss global warming, my teacher was very involved and talked about how we will all be burning by 2010... well, here we are, 2023, global warming isn't burning me in flames while I stand outside or melting my car tires.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Why can filthy rich people - who basically use their money to lobby - buy into huge scam markets like carbon capturing and still pollute the environment with their yachts and private jets?

"Climate change" has all the hallmarks of a religion and, as with the Catholic Church during the middle ages, "selling indulgences" is the form by which the rich can absolve themselves of their "sins"...i.e. buying carbon credits.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Please go look at the "tube", put in "sea level check Key west". Official figures to UNSCARE these silly alarmists.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Please go look at the "tube", put in "sea level check Key west". Official figures to UNSCARE these silly alarmists.

Here ya go! this video is very infomative and truthful. i like it!

edit on 6-8-2023 by baddmove because: added a pic

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
In addition to sea levels rising coastlines are also sinking; something that seldom even gets honorable mention.

Whenever those in positions of power use the fear factor to support their money-making schemes (looking at you, Al 'Inconvenient Truth') I tend to follow the money, not the 'crisis'.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove

Here ya go! this video is very infomative and truthful. i like it!

Please note the darkened tide line in the second picture of Fort Dennison in Sydney Harbor.

The comparison of just two pictures taken at different times does not accurately indicate overall trends. There are two tides per day and tides also can fluctuate significantly.

The Sydney Harbor is also the estuary of the Parramatta River, and any water levels measured would be indicative of the interface of both river and sea, rather than only sea levels.

Fort Denison is about 7 kilometers inland from the Sydney Heads, where the Parramatta River meets the sea.

Here is a link to the official measurements of water levels at Fort Denison from 1914 to 2023.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Here’s a possibility…. and one I bet nobody has even considered.

That what’s happening is of biblical proportions, and by that I just mean it’s beyond what anyone imagines. In order to understand it tho, you need to know the difference between life and death and which state we’re currently in.

In a nutshell, Humanity has been in an eternal Fall into a state of death and decomposition. You’re dead, and an unwitting member of a global death cult. Standard cult rules apply, believe anything else and you’ll pay the price, expose the deception and you’ll pay the price, or go along with it and pay an even bigger price.

What’s going on is a resurrection, Humanity rising out of the ashes of death to re-ignite Life on a universal scale. We’re about to raise the dead. It gets a little confusing because we don’t realize that we ARE the dead, as is everything under the law of gravity. Gravity is what’s keeping us in our grave, and it’s the universal law that has to be changed in order for Life to begin anew.

The opposite of gravity is levity, aka “love”. It’s not some emotional BS, but rather the animating force of Life itself. Gravity keeps us down in death, and levity lifts us up in Life. It’s really that simple conceptually. Just like in nature, spring heralds the renewal of Life. What is now upon us is a universal spring, meaning we’re moving from a set of conditions which prevent life to conditions that promote it.

What happens in Spring right before everything comes back to Life? Yeah, global warming and climate change. Now the question one has to ask is “who in their right mind would be against such a thing?”. Well, that would be our death cult leaders, because they are profiting off of hate, and death, and war. What they’re doing is mass sorcery. You’re given another non-choice they’re so famous for.

The trick is both choices are the same choice… the one they want you to make. The choices offered are “oh noes, global warming, we have to stop this or we’re all gonna die!” or “it’s all BS, there is no global warming”. Both of these choices set you AGAINST life, and FOR their death cult agenda. What you don’t see because it’s obscured by their tactics, is the choice you’re NOT being offered… Life.

If you can’t see this once it’s been pointed out, it’s because they’ve gotten into your head with their cult brainwashing BS, not because it isn’t true.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Very informative.

I guess everyone that went out and looked at the water level at their local ponds or lakes will have to find new evidence to deny rising ocean levels.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Insects are in decline
Amphibians are in decline
Birds are in decline
There’s micro-plastics found in fresh snow at the South Pole
The sea surface temps around Florida hit 100 degrees
The AMOC is shutting down
The Gulf Stream is shutting down
We have broken records for hurricane size and intensity basically every year for the last decade.

What is with this site? I’ve been coming here for fifteen years, this used to be *the place* to discuss things like this… now it’s just Biden Biden Biden Biden Trump Trump Trump Trump… I miss the old crowd here that would’ve told you how stupid you are for believing there’s any difference between the two parties.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psychonautics
Insects are in decline
Amphibians are in decline
Birds are in decline
There’s micro-plastics found in fresh snow at the South Pole
The sea surface temps around Florida hit 100 degrees
The AMOC is shutting down
The Gulf Stream is shutting down
We have broken records for hurricane size and intensity basically every year for the last decade.

What is with this site? I’ve been coming here for fifteen years, this used to be *the place* to discuss things like this… now it’s just Biden Biden Biden Biden Trump Trump Trump Trump… I miss the old crowd here that would’ve told you how stupid you are for believing there’s any difference between the two parties.

But here you are, discussing ‘things like this’. Thus far, you brought Biden Biden Biden Biden Trump Trump Trump Trump… In here. Doomsday climate mongering is garbage. I’m not ‘attacking’ you, just saying to not invite them in threads …if you ‘re weary of it.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

Most of us aren't denying climate change, we are just very skeptical of why it's constantly changing the narrative, and who's actually benefitting from it all. Humans cannot be the soul reason why the climate is changing, its very naive to think like that.

a reply to: Flatcoat

Very good example.
edit on 7-8-2023 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Psychonautics

Most of us aren't denying climate change, we are just very skeptical of why it's constantly changing the narrative, and who's actually benefitting from it all. Humans cannot be the soul reason why the climate is changing, its very naive to think like that.

No-one is benefiting from it.

However, some very very very rich people are continuing to benefit from our continuing use of fossil fuels.

And maybe humans aren't the sole reason for global warming - but given all the information we currently have says that the Earth should be cooling (all esle being equal) whilst human activities should be causing it to warm, and it is warming than what it comes down to is this: Yes, people die. They have always died. Often from quite natural causes. People died quite suddenly, even before we invented guns. We don't however know of any means for a person to spontaneously develop a hole in their head. So possibly the person who was holding a gun and fired it at the victim's head is responsibly for their otherwise inexplicable sudden death?

(And the narrative isn't changing - it's been the same for decades. However some people, especially in politics and the media, only pick up on some bits of it at a time)

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Companies (and their stockholders) that are making Electric cars are benefitting from it.

Companies (and their stockholders) that are making solar panels are benefitting from it.

Companies (and their stockholders) that are making wind farms are benefitting from it.

Companies (and their stockholders) that are making wave generators are benefitting from it.

Companies (and their stockholders) that are making hydrogen fuel are benefitting from it.

The list goes on.

It's not just the rich people benefitting.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Companies (and their stockholders) that are making Electric cars are benefitting from it.

Companies (and their stockholders) that are making solar panels are benefitting from it.

Companies (and their stockholders) that are making wind farms are benefitting from it.

Companies (and their stockholders) that are making wave generators are benefitting from it.

Companies (and their stockholders) that are making hydrogen fuel are benefitting from it.

The list goes on.

It's not just the rich people benefitting.

So, it's beneficial.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What a load of BS. The question you must address is just who is suffering from this climate BS and it aint the companies or their shareholders, which in the great scheme of things are the vast minority. I'll put it in biggie letters so you can read it, THE EARTHS CLIMATE IS ALWAYS CHANGING BECAUSE THE EARTH IS A DYNAMIC ENTITY. Has humans affected it? Maybe or maybe not, but certainly not in a dangerous manner that the climate alarmists say.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   

What a load of BS.

I think you need to start at the first post of the thread.

top topics

join