It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy Predicting the Future...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I just happened to be looking at some old In Living Color skits and had forgotten about Jim Carrey's character, Vera De Milo. Basically, a buff female body builder that was obviously a man.

No way this would fly today!

then we had Saturday Night Live character.... It's Pat! No way SNL going to bring back Pat.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
Ah, the good ol days… how’s about ol fireman Bob?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Yeah, the 90’s were magical. Back when no matter what side you were on, mental illness was identifiable most people.

SNL and In Living Color were AWESOME back then! Soooo many stars came from that genre. I remember staying up late with my buddies to watch it starting at age 11 in 1990.
edit on 21-7-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Glitch in the Matrix…
edit on 21-7-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   
There was a time when there was controversy about Russian "women" weightlifters at the Olympics. Was he satirising that issue?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The movie idiocracy and the current crocs fashion.

My first time seeing those was in Florida with me staring at some dude with long yellow toenails punching through the foam holes! Yuck.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
There was a time when there was controversy about Russian "women" weightlifters at the Olympics. Was he satirising that issue?

Probably. I think it was just more about female weight lifters in general... as most of them literally turn into men with all the PEDs they take. Some of the other skits though with that character are straight out of today's clown world though. An obvious male competing against women.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I just posted a similar thread regarding satire from 15 years ago predicting what's happening today in the US military.

DIsturbing times we're living in.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Probably. I think it was just more about female weight lifters in general... as most of them literally turn into men with all the PEDs they take. Some of the other skits though with that character are straight out of today's clown world though. An obvious male competing against women.

Current events and cultural ... was gonna say "norms," but there's nothing normal about today's culture ... go a long way in defining comedy and what comedy means. I can't imagine that at that time he was addressing the fecal feature we're seeing in women's sports today because in 1990 nobody would have believed the crap that's being permitted today. But now, this is the norm:

In 1990 we all would have laughed and said, No way! Today, we just shake our heads in disbelief and exasperation.

We have passed clown world and moved into demonic world.

:
edit on 2023 7 21 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
The movie idiocracy and the current crocs fashion.

My first time seeing those was in Florida with me staring at some dude with long yellow toenails punching through the foam holes! Yuck.

Idiocracy was a documentary feature.

(post by Stonewaller removed for political trolling and baiting)

join