It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not butchered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I have heard many artist try to sing the Star Spangled Banner but none have done it better than Pentatonix IMO youtu.be...

And now for a little back ground story about the song that some may not be familiar with:youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I have heard our anthem performed far worse than this, to be true. However, I am a purist when it comes to the National Anthem and our flag. There is only one way they should be handled and that is with the utmost respect. The anthem is a symbol of our entire nation. As such, it should not be subject to personal interpretation. It is not personal, it is everyone's anthem, not just the performers. I guess I am just old fashioned on this. It was performed the same way for a couple hundred years and everything was fine. Then all of a sudden attention grabbers started playing around with it, adding all kinds of embellishments and flourishes, disrespecting it and the many who sacrificed so much for it. I am a musician and I do understand making a song your own. But this song will never be "your own". It belongs to everyone. It is a National Monument that should never be defaced.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Not sure what I just saw , but I don't want to see it again.

Are they real or animatronics ?

Quite impressive if they're animatronics , but I don't think its right to that to a National Anthem.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I rather like it. But then, I would also be pleased if every anthem were replaced with Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It", followed with the reintroduction of that glorious French Madame. I guarantee there'd be a lot less nationalistic flag worship and more actual change and betterment, but what do i know?

new topics

top topics

join