It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the Afterlife Change People?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

1. Yes, dreams are a way for spirits of the deceased to visit the living. Have you ever had any dreams interrupted? old.reddit.com...

2. To the first question: No, people don't stop being themselves after death. They are not suddenly enlightened. To the second question: Yes, there could be other influences which would cause them to be different.

The interaction between me and my father was completely out of character compared to something which would have happened in real life.
Perhaps it implies that your father was no longer able to conceal how he truly felt about the subject?

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I assume in the afterlife there is no death, people are happy and issues that were about on earth are solved.

I was thinking about something.

Clearly you still have a connection with your father, be it his spirit or anything living in your heart.

Do you consider the dream somehow having been an indication of solving problems, growth and guidance?
Were you at ease when you woke up, feeling any better, relieved, comforted or disturbed!?

I'd say you're looked after by benevolence.

Thx for posting.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If the afterlife did in fact exist, is it possible this afterlife could change people to be different than they were in real life?

Hi Clay,

Your question may be putting the wagon in front of the horse.

Some believe there is a 'core version' of us, the part of us that is spirit and which is what survives death.

When we exist on the material plane, we accumulate 'baggage' due to environment and experience; 'baggage' which is shed once we return to our 'core self'.

So, if your father was contacting you via the medium of dreams, you may be interacting with his 'core self' vice the entity he was when he was alive -- carrying 'baggage' he accumulated over a lifetime.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I would say not different but more wholly themselves. Does that feel right ?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:37 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join