It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White River City Storyworld

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Haven't posted for a bit but this one's a doozey

In 2012 I began working on a novel called "The Encyclopedia of Vices". It was a novel presented in alphabetical, rather than chronological order. I knew it was a complex project and would take a lot of planning so it became a backburner project. A couple of years later I enrolled at Tiffin, so the summer before I began working on another project that takes place in the same White River City storyworld as Vices.

It was a multimedia story called "Don't Swim Uphill in a Water Balloon". It followed the life of an extended family during Thanksgiving week, 1986. In this story, I introduced a character named Jason Oliver, his wife Carissa, and the tragic loss of their son, Tommy.

Two years later, I had turned "The Encyclopedia of Vices" into"The Virtue of Vices", and my capstone project at Tiffin. After seeking to get it published for a couple of years, I decided to self publish and start my own company.

Just recently I launched another expansion to the world, finally realizing the A.I. program mentioned in Don't Swim Uphill, T.H.O.M.A.S.

The other day I was explaining this whole concept to a co-worker and he said something like, "Oh, so you're just doing this for fun?"
I laughed and said I did want to do this for a living someday but I understood I had a niche audience for this storyworld. I bring it to ATS because I feel there's a larger number of folks here who enjoy an immersive, multimedia storylines.

Thank you for your time. I hope some of you like taking a trip to White River City. There's a lot of material out there if you decide to seek it out. If not, then maybe my next project will be your cup o' tea.

revswirl

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I will read it! Love reading members books.

Several years ago I read another member's book about cats. It was a great book, but I can't for the life of me remember the members user name.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

That's wunderbar! Thank you so much.

join