It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombia: Four children found alive in jungle-40 days after plane crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here's a rare good news story-Those kids and a baby have been rescued after surviving over a month in one of the toughest survival environments on earth.
Jungles are unforgiving places to be lost in,everything is trying to damage,weaken or eat you.
After the trauma of a plane crash which killed all the adults,the kids built shelters and survived on jungle fruits while looking after a tiny baby..

Four children have been found alive - five weeks after the plane they were travelling in crashed into thick jungle.
They were rescued by the Colombian military, not far from where the Cessna 206 crashed.
Three adults on board, including the pilot, lost their lives.
Exhaustive searches had been under way for the children - who are siblings aged 13, nine and four, with the youngest just 11 months old.
Officials had regularly expressed confidence they were still alive after discovering the discarded fruit that the youngsters had eaten to survive.

news.sky.com...

Well done and respect to those kids,that is no small acheivement.
The story would make a good book or TV show.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Heard about this. It is awesome news. Sad for the parents but glad that the kids made it.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wow!!! Just wow . So sorry they had to endure the loss of their parents AND try to stay alive …. I’m wondering if an indigenous tribe helped them too ?

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Here's a rare good news story-Those kids and a baby have been rescued after surviving over a month in one of the toughest survival environments on earth.
Jungles are unforgiving places to be lost in,everything is trying to damage,weaken or eat you.
After the trauma of a plane crash which killed all the adults,the kids built shelters and survived on jungle fruits while looking after a tiny baby..

Four children have been found alive - five weeks after the plane they were travelling in crashed into thick jungle.
They were rescued by the Colombian military, not far from where the Cessna 206 crashed.
Three adults on board, including the pilot, lost their lives.
Exhaustive searches had been under way for the children - who are siblings aged 13, nine and four, with the youngest just 11 months old.
Officials had regularly expressed confidence they were still alive after discovering the discarded fruit that the youngsters had eaten to survive.

news.sky.com...

Well done and respect to those kids,that is no small acheivement.
The story would make a good book or TV show.

I love a great good news story.
I hope someone does write a book about their experiences of survival and the proceeds go to the children for their future needs.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Amazing especially considering a 9 and 13 year old kept a 11 month and 4 year old alive for five weeks.

Most children I know would perish of boredom 4 hours after their iPhone battery dies.

There will most likely will be a movie. After some gender and race swapping of course. A de-aged Samuel L Jackson playing the 13 year old. “We need some M’fing coconut milk for the M’fing baby.”
Kevin Hart playing the 9 year old. No CGI needed.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

5 weeks? That's an awful long time, I would rather hear some big foot stories or well whatever they call them down there.. 5 weeks for 4 kids is very hard.

ETA, especially if one of the kids is 11 months old.
edit on 10-6-2023 by Islandparty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I want to see the faces on some of these reality survival show contestants when they read this story.

The ones that tap out in under a week. lol

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth
Amen!
Not only have these children survived in the 'wild' against the odds, but let us not forget they are still dealing with the death of their parents too. Not only that, the wee baby too!
Unfathomable how they have survived!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

They are indigenous.

From the article:

They are members of the Huitoto people, and officials said the oldest children in the group had some knowledge of how to survive in the rainforest.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

They lost their mother but not their father, who was not on the plane.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
survival instinct is a mother F er.

Little bit of knowledge and that will to survive kicking in can carry you a long way.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
Ah, thank you, I missunderstood.
But still the emotional trauma....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Psychologically they are not good, apparently they aren't able to speak complete sentences.

I hope they get better soon.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
I did 2 weeks of survival training in the Utah desert- probably the most physically and mentally difficult part of my life. I can't imagine how these kids did this. Thankful they made it, sad for their loss and what they've been through. I hope they are not exploited for their story.

I heard on the radio that they salvaged some flour out of the wreckage, such a simple thing might have been the key to surviving until rescued. The will to survive is strong...

join