It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First NPR and now PBS have rage-quit Twitter because of 3 little words...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

They’ll be back on Twitter before too long.
Just like the rest of the Liberal goons that have quit Twitter over one hissy fit or another.

They never followed through on the whole, "If Trump wins I'm moving to Canada!" threat so no reason to believe they would have any credibility now.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
They're nervous about getting exposed for their consistent BS, lies, and cover stories 😎

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Just like the rest of the Liberal goons that have quit Twitter over one hissy fit or another.

They never followed through on the whole, "If Trump wins I'm moving to Canada!" threat so no reason to believe they would have any credibility now.

You guys can keep your leftie loonies, we have enough, thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

to be fair somethings he hits on might be seen as a conspiracy. but most of what he claims is nothing but bullsh@@.

The kind of BS our heath officials are saying this mRNA tech is safe and effective. I know Mike gets a bit doomsday at times, if it ever happened I would feel safer with him on my 6.

After watching Mike for years, he is getting a better strike rate than the corporate media. If Musk wants to turn a blind eye there is always the hard way. When it comes to setting up a viable colony on Mars, not a lot to play with to make it work.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
When asked in an interview with Elon Musk to name an
example of alleged "hate speech" the talking head
couldn't even give one, not even one.

PBS and NPR have fallen down the rabbit hole of
propagandists long ago. Its refreshing to see them
called out on it, and funny to see them ticked.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

That is all tantamount to admission of guilt, thinly veiled by virtue signaling.
Idiots.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjack

Awesome.

I love it when people with pretend moral high ground go off in a pretend dramatic huff.

It's ok PBS, I will continue to watch you when nothing else is on.

I find that a good book or a blank TV screen is more entertaining and less grating.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

President Trump wanted to help National Public Radio and Public Broadcasting Service, by removing Federal Funding. They should have not resisted. NPR and PBS could now be free from being labeled as shills for the U.S. government.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: tjack

Awesome.

I love it when people with pretend moral high ground go off in a pretend dramatic huff.

It's ok PBS, I will continue to watch you when nothing else is on.

I find that a good book or a blank TV screen is more entertaining and less grating.

Honestly, I hardly watch TV myself these days. There's just nothing worth watching.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't think twitter matters much anymore since Elon took it over. Truth Social is the place to be....

www.product-reviews.net...

istheservicedown.com...

edit on 13-4-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: underpass61

You guys can keep your leftie loonies, we have enough, thanks.

You gave us Bieber. We owe you

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Did they take their bias ball with them?

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But then they would have been labeled an organ of the Democrat party. And we all know which organ.

Musk Meltdown.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Okay so, in your metaphor I can't tell who's the puppet and the puppeteer the strings are going to the puppets but not sure who the puppeteer.

Next if you listen to NPR all you would hear them talk about who sponsors them even when they're doing an article on them including Amazon, Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, and the articles can actually be critical of the sponsors they are mentioning.

I love how none of you actually have any discussion over the content, rather you just keep repeating elon's words and laughing at how they reacted. And apparently their reaction is admission of guilt.

So while you have people that get banned from Twitter and bloviate about how that shouldn't happen, you're on their side. When an entire news agency makes a choice of their own volition to quit Twitter, you make fun of them. And then one of you even points out at Twitter's a lock of schlock, and Truth social is where we should all be getting our information.

If you don't like NPR's news why do you care they quit Twitter?

Also none of you have given one example of a direct connection to propaganda/misinformation/disinformation, and all the while there's a court case going on where Fox news talking heads are caught in lies on air versus off air.

Laugh about NPR and PBS all you want, continue to live in ignorance where you believe that everything that those two stations portrays is propaganda. The fact that you think that those are government-run associations is laughable, I hope one day all of you can grow to laugh for this moment in time. Otherwise you will be stranded any fascist isolationist group of people that see everyone that doesn't look or think like them as their enemy.

It's not necessary but when you walk down that path it's hard to come back. Just remember think for yourself, and when everyone is sitting there laughing at something remember those moments from school where everyone laughed....all those sheep just laughed.

Please remember to deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
They're lucky he was generous with the label. If he wanted to be even more accurate they would've been labeled Democrat mouthpieces.

And they say liberals don’t use government to control free speech/media/propaganda…..

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What is the conservative version of educational radio or TV?

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Poofmander

Stop salivating over Fox or did you forget all those lawsuits aimed an CNN and NBC? How much money did they have to pay in that DEFEMATION law suit over their reporting? Or the reason why Chris Cuomo was fired from CNN? Seems an awful lot of left wing media have taken multiple hits to their so called reporting! The main difference between NPR and PBS from them is, they recieve their money from the government and the big media companies are literally in bed with democrats. A large number of spouses for those media companies are democrat politicians or operatives.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
"Government-funded media"

I guess state-run media doesn't like it when you point out the strings attached to their puppets.

Publicly Funded PBS Joins NPR In Quitting Twitter

First, it was the National Public Radio (or is that Ratio) that stormed off Twitter in a huff after being declared "government-funded media" (it says it right there in the company's title folks, National and Public) and now it is another Public (as in non-private) company that doesn't like being called out for what it is that has decided to make a dramatic exit stage left: the Public Broadcasting Service has followed National Public Radio in rage quitting Twitter after the social media network labeled both organizations as government-funded media.

PBS stopped tweeting from our account when we learned of the change and we have no plans to resume at this time,” PBS spokesman Jason Phelps said in an email. “We are continuing to monitor the ever-changing situation closely.

Good riddance!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join