It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the secret Cardinal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Let me preface this by saying this is just a hunch on my part.

Now with that said, what if the secrect Cardinal is from China?

What may happen if he is elected as pope?

We all know what happened with Poland; imagine the possible implications if the pope has selcted the secret cardinal is indeed from China.

Please keep in mind that China recently aressted a Cardinal in China before you answer.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
That'd be pretty interesting, are there any Chinese cardinals out of the country now?

I'd think that if the pope was a chinese citizen or something, that they wouldn't let him out, anymore than they'd let the dali lama out. He'd have to go into 'exile' (if you can call it that) in Rome.

Recall the papal Babylonian Captivity, when the papacy was enthroned at Avignon? Perhaps this could lead to a 'Hong Kong' Captivity.

Then again its predicated on the conclave voting for him, and they can't vote on him if they don't know who he is, no? Do they all get told who he is?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
That'd be pretty interesting, are there any Chinese cardinals out of the country now?

I'd think that if the pope was a chinese citizen or something, that they wouldn't let him out, anymore than they'd let the dali lama out. He'd have to go into 'exile' (if you can call it that) in Rome.

Recall the papal Babylonian Captivity, when the papacy was enthroned at Avignon? Perhaps this could lead to a 'Hong Kong' Captivity.

Then again its predicated on the conclave voting for him, and they can't vote on him if they don't know who he is, no? Do they all get told who he is?

Yes I do believe the name of the secret cardinal will be released to the conlave prior to voting. What would be the purpose of naming a secret cardinal if the name was meant to be kept secret for years?

Catholic bishop, priest arrested (Red China)

Posted on 04/03/2005 3:04:43 PM PDT by 4.1O dana super trac pak

The Vatican said yesterday that Chineses authorities have carried out a new series of arrests of officials from China's illegal Roman Catholic Church.

The most recent arrest occurred Wednesday, when a priest was picked up in Hebei, the same diocese whose bishop was arrested Jan. 3.

There now you have a bishop who was arrested along with a priest, now if the bishop was promoted to a cardinal under secrecy; you have one big conspiracy by the pope before he died. Keep in mind that Pope Paul was the first Polish priest and won very high honors amoung the free world, what better way to carry on his legacy that an enslaved cardinal can make a huge differance as a pope?

[edit on 4/7/2005 by shots]

join