It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

48 Arrested In California Sex-Trafficking Bust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
fox5sandiego.com...

AB357, the law that decriminalized loitering with intent to commit prostitution, seems to have backfired.  The law, which had a hilarious ACLU motive to stop the unfair targeting of black and transgender prostitutes by law enforcement, has led to hookers literally standing on the side of the road in rows like in GTA.

So they spent a few months months and in the end they made a small dent.

There’s a focus on reducing demand, but really the focus is dealing with the traffickers — the people who are basically (enslaving) these women to go out there and perform sex acts for money — and then also trying to get these women onto better pathways,” San Diego Police Department Lt. Adam Sharki said to FOX 5 prior to the press conference.

Law enforcement said 16 people being trafficked were rescued overall, including eight children. The youngest of the children was 13 years old — she has since been reunited with her family.

Two of the victims rescued were 16 year old runaways from Arizona, San Diego Police Chief David Nisleit said during Tuesday’s briefing.

Reducing demand may be difficult.  Because some things just seem to always go together. What you won't get on the news is where all these prostitutes hang out. Which remains unchanged in decades.  Must be the sex-worker equivalent of opening a late night taco stand by all the bars.

While, you can't necessarily say for certain service personal are part of that demand, it certainly was when that area established itself as the place you go to find prostitutes decades ago.

The scope of this bust was made possible by the ACLU inspired-law which I assume was their interpretation of best intentions. Made it that much easier to infiltrate and build a massive case.

The child traffickers are disturbing. The underage ones that aren't runaways are usually connected to Mexican cartels. They lure them in to service with promises of America. And they end up on the stretch of Roosevelt Ave. that runs alongside the Freeway with the roach and bedbug motels, 1/2 mile from the residential towers for 32nd Street Naval Base.
edit on 22-2-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Not surprising.

Every millitary base I know of, every one I've been on, has all had their very own prostitution thing going on. There are strip clubs near post for a reason. ...and the massage parlors aren't for 'those' kinds of massages. All 100% known by every single service member on post and has been forever.

This is one of those things that I'm certain the military knows all about but keeps it quiet because "service men and women need a release being so far from home and loved-ones". It's a form of legal prostitution. It's horribly sad because I've always seen children somehow involved in this as well and no one cared to even bother. Necessary evil if you will. At least according my ranking officers when I was doing my tour.

This isn't surprising at all. It's been going on for so long now. Rap songs are made about what goes on in situations like this. Soldiers are actively pimping and trafficking children. It needs to be DEEPLY investigated until they find every single smudge of this atrocity.

So sad for all those victimized by this. This should bring the death penalty. Nothing less.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Glad they were busted. Maybe there is a coordinated Law Enforcement effort going on in the country. 46 arrested in North Texas too.

A youth pastor was among the 46 men arrested after an investigation revealed those suspected behind sex trafficking cases in North Texas, according to a report from CBS News. The men arrested also included a high school football coach and a director of operations at a hospital.

My San Antonio.com

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

The US is falling apart while sending billions to a Jewish comedian in Ukraine for a war they wanted to happen.

Our lives mean nothing to those out to make money off of human suffering.

The criminal justice system shouldn't seek to understand these people, they should seek to eradicate them.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   
True that most bases have prostitution rings easily accessible, however I have never heard of kids being in them. In fact, most service people I know that ever found out a kid was being solicited, would be hunting down the pimp with a .45 .

top topics

join