It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The labor shortage myth exposed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
a reply to: shaemac

Neighbor kid applied at every fast food restaurant - he is a honor roll student and wants to work to buy a car.

Around here, west central Arkansas, most of the fast food places (and at least one manufacture) have open interview hours. No appointment required. There is a gas station chain that will always hand out applications to anyone who asks, except when they are really hiring, then they give you a card with a web address.

Anyways my point is, If your serious don't ask for an application. Ask what is the procedure for getting a job here. If you ask during rush they will likely hand you a worthless application and shout "next"

Im not making things up.
They are not hiring for real. More than likely getting some govt funding. LIke the PPLoans...
I gave one small example. This is an actual problem happening in various states. Believe it or not. It is real.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

And I did not disagree with you. I gave free advice around some of the bs.

For every job posted on a online "job board" there are a dozen other "job boards" that copy paste the job to their own site. Since the hiring company has no relationship with these other "job boards" they will never n
know you applied.

If you want a low effort job and it dosen't matter where, go to a brick and mortar temp agency, but expect low effort pay before the agency takes their cut.

Or you can call or go into a company you are interested in an ask if they are hiring, if not say thank you and leave. They will likely offer you an application before you go - decline it.

If they are hiring ask what its like working there. If you get a positive response ask "What's the best way to get a job here?"

Will my free advice work every time? LOL not a chance! But unlike the job boards you at least spoke to the right people.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think the jobs have either been filled and the employer is to lazy to remove the ad, or the job board is leaving them up so people frequent their service.

I would imagine out of thousands of applicants the employer would keep chugging through the list until they found a suitable candidate.

It’s all a dirty lie.

a reply to: ncsky

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yep. They want the burden to be on the worker and they want to be able to dump and replace with as little hassle as possible.

a reply to: Brotherman

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Absolutely the case at my job. We have "We're Hiring!!" signs throughout the store. We are short-staffed and guess what corporate wants to still cut our hours!!! No overtime no nothing, and on top of the fact we are short-staffed we still have a couple employees that regularly call out.
The one I know for sure isn't the work environment her boyfriend is a controlling jerkhole on unemployment that apparently can't deal with life unless she's home with him. So she either calls in or needs to leave early. They are in their early 20's.. So frustrating. But yea it really ticks me off about how they advertise "We're Hiring" Clearly we are not and you still want to screw over employees that actually show up for work and cut hours so the corporate masters get a bigger slice of the pie. Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Shopped at Target today. Only one employee, manning the self-checkout lanes, but a number of people stocking shelves.

Lousy customer service.
edit on 1/4/2023 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join