It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'God's Rottweiler' has died aged 95

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Following his resignation as Pope in 2013 due to ill health the Vatican has today announced the death of Pope Benedict XVI after the recent deterioration in his health.

Before being elected pope in 2005, the then Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger served as the head of the Vatican's doctrinal watchdog, called the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

He held the powerful role for 24 years, earning the nickname "God's Rottweiler" for his strictly conservative theological views.

Speaking before his death was announced, the Catholic Archbishop of Westminster said Benedict would be remembered as "one of the great theologians of the 20th century".
news.sky.com...

Condolences to the faithful.

edit on 31-12-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Never liked the unofficial title of Rottweiler and believe he was a man who truly loved God and did his best to serve the church.

Arguably a pope can not really retire but there have been other times when the church had more than one pope, those times however the other pope was usually later labelled an anti-pope but this time it was not out of rebellion against a pope or to seize power but to try to protect and save the church that he - retired - rather than died in office, it was probably done with the intention of avoiding St Malachi's prophecy.

Either way I hope he is in heaven, there are haters, the usual pointing of fingers about child abuse will come out from the very same people that these days are backing sex education for toddlers as it serves there purpose of trying to destroy the church there main enemy as despite those very real evil men that infiltrated the church and did most definitely abuse children to a degree that it seemed almost institutionalized due to the sheer number of victims and the very ill conceived decision to try to cover it up rather than straight out defrock the vile devils that did this to the lamb's of the flock it was always really the enemy of those that wanted to corrupt the children and the stalwart defender of morality.

In fact corruption within the Church was prophesied to Sister Marianna a Conceptionist nun in Quito Ecuador by an apparition of the Virgin Mary and in those prophecy's she pointed out links between this corruption and the order known as the Freemasons at least some of whose sects have mock marriages to little boy's which smacks very strongly of Satanism as they are often induced into that by raping little boy's (at least among the satanists in and around Parbold near Wigan near to where I used to live according to a self professed Pagan whom they tried to recruit whom told several of us all about it, I won't say any more that could link him in case he is still there and get's comebacks from it, they include at least one magistrate and at least one at the time serving police officer as well as other professionals).

Being the pope and leader of over a billion Christians is no easy task and perhaps too much of a burden for an already ill old man, may God take him to heaven and give him peace.

edit on 31-12-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Have you heard of Hildegarde Von Bingen? The reason I ask is because you said this....

In fact corruption within the Church was prophesied to Sister Marianna a Conceptionist nun in Quito Ecuador by an apparition of the Virgin Mary

Hildegard also predicted the downfall of the Catholic Church. She was a formidable and revolutionary nun on so many different levels who lived 1098-1179. I went to look up her prediction, and found this on the Wiki page about her:

On 10 May 2012, Pope Benedict XVI extended the veneration of Saint Hildegard to the entire Catholic Church[92] in a process known as "equivalent canonization,"[93] thus laying the groundwork for naming her a Doctor of the Church.[94] On 7 October 2012, the feast of the Holy Rosary, the pope named her a Doctor of the Church.[95] He called Hildegard "perennially relevant" and "an authentic teacher of theology and a profound scholar of natural science and music."[96]

How lovely is that! Maybe I have the advantage of seeing a 'circle completed' as I love Hildegarde and her history.
Wiki link
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thank you Jane, I was raised to believe in God but was not schooled in a catholic school and never had all that ceremony performed such as the tradition of confirmation but I have always believed in Jesus.

So while our mother who saw a vision of a beautiful and radiant woman whom she KNEW was the mother of God on top of a great mountain beckoning her to come to her but knowing that her children would be in danger she refused to leave them at that time, she had died on the operating room table in hospital with sepsis and ran back from that place, over a smaller mountain and down into a valley of darkness, as she entered that valley running into it she woke back up in this world, the valley of darkness much to the shock of the doctor - and nurses - whom was about to pronounce her dead and had given up trying to resuscitate her.

During her delirium she said things that had the summon a catholic priest and he wanted to know but my mother being a practical Anglican (Despite having us all baptized catholic) told him of her denomination, despite this as my mother had been ill at that time and during hypnosis she had apparently said some things that scared the psychiatrist so me even he had delegated to the Catholics, they put my mother with some nun's to recuperate and though she had wanted to come back to look after her children which she did the nun's had begged her to stay with them, my mother has since passed leaving an unfillable hole in our lives.

I have just read an except of the prophecy of St Hildegarde whom I have to admit being unschooled - except by the faith I gained from my mother - in these matters I had never heard of, her prophecy about the serpent waging war against God not to harm God of course but to destroy man by denying man the right to ascend to where he once dwelled is very telling, how he promoted man lusting after man and destroys the natural nature of man and marriage before the end is telling, how the church is left like a widow persecuted by the evil world.

It tells very aptly of the evil this world is full of today and how the attack by certain devil worshipping elements upon the nuclear family and the church is being orchestrated by an evil spiritual force that is intent upon the destruction of mankind.

But anyway pretty gloom for this time in the morning so just keep our chin's up eh and trust in the Lord to set things right for he will, and wishing you a happy new year and hopefully also to this man of faith and all people of faith that have passed over whom I hope spend the future in God's love and light.

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I found this article earlier today....
remnantnewspaper.com...

Generally speaking, in other words, the legacy of Pope Benedict XVI is one of revival—revival of sanity and faith and vocations in what’s otherwise been a post-conciliar nightmare.

Using the full weight of his office, Pope Benedict made it clear that the Traditional Latin Mass had never been abrogated in the past and could never be canceled in the future, thus ending forty years of Modernist fake news and treachery where the war against Tradition was concerned.

[...]
The difference between Benedict and Francis, however, is that one genuinely loved the Church, while the other seems intent on dismantling it. One kept the faith his mother had lovingly taught him 95 years ago, while the other may never have truly had it in the first place.

R.I.P. Joseph Ratzinger

top topics

join