It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucas And Cameron Back New 3D Movies (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
George Lucas and James Cameron are backing the renaissance of 3D cinema. The technology is new and uses clear lenses rather than the old blue and red. Both Cameron and Lucas intend to release 3D movies by 2007. Lucas will release the entire 6 Star Wars movies in 3D and Cameron will start with his new movie "Battle Angel".

story.news.yahoo.com
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - If luminary directors George Lucas and James Cameron get their way, a new wave of three-dimensional movies may soon replace goofy, 1950s flicks like "Bwana Devil" that played to bug-eyed audiences wearing blue and red glasses.

"Titanic" captain Cameron, "Stars Wars" master Lucas and even "Lord of the Rings" head hobbit Peter Jackson want fans to forget those odd spectacles.

This new 3D wave, they say, converts their old titles to in-your-face entertainment that may reignite box office fire for movies being re-released, and it puts audiences directly in the action of new films like Cameron's 2007 science fiction adventure "Battle Angel."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can say that Ive never watched a 3D movie before and thats because the effects were crap. But this new technology promises to add signifcantly to the immersion and cinematic experiences of movies.

I personally cannot wait to watch Star Wars with blaster rounds flying out of the screen and having AT-AT legs crashing down infront of my face

Good times ahead!

new topics

join