It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roe Effect: Is Abortion Killing the Left?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My parents were always Democrats and in my 20s I became a Republican. Then I switched to Constitution Party.

My mother is more conservative than she lets on though. She wants more information on the Constitution Party.

She's not disappointed about my not being a Democrat--she chalks it up to her teaching me to think for myself!

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
* shameless self-bumping of thread *

I think this thread bears a review in light of the recent controversial comments of William Bennett. The effect of legal abortion in America is real and is changing U.S. demographics.

Bennett Thread: Bill Bennett's Morning In America: Brain Food for 1.25 Million Americans in 115 Markets

Changing US demographics can't be denied. The crime rate is down. College enrollment and parity income for women is up. And these are a few of the purposefully politically incorrect points of causally untied data expressed in Freakonomics with the cautionary tale of all the crazy things you can do with statistics.

Nobody told you and Bill Bennet's caller to run with scissors and theories from FREAKonomics as if they were valid. Case in point, your conspiracy theory (much like Bennett's caller) was a back door attempt to tie abortion to something that presumably hurts something good that you both hate. If you follow me.

In other words, a conservative trying to "save social security" is as laughable as one trying to "save the left" by trying to get people to hate their own civil liberties.

No really, look at this guy --->
He's losing it. Almost as funny as when EdSinger runs the flag up the black pride pole just to talk abortion down.

Yeah, I remembered this thread immediately too, but thought it would be rude to bump it and draw the comparison.

But I guess no shame, no gain, right?
Or is it just no shame, no shame? :shk:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well I am personally opposed to abortion on moral grounds because I think it tantamount to murder. However, it's also useful to point out its other effects. It's not necessarily helping those who support it as I pointed out in this thread. Also, with 10 million missing blacks now, it's not helping the political power of that community either.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
But a selective genocide on party affiliation or potential affiliation? I've heard it before, but I'm still not buying it. To the extent though that the reverse is true, that there is an active movement to breed ranks among certain religious (aka political) ideologies... is not in question!

If that has beat down the "liberal ranks" with it's own surge (and I can't see how it hasn't), then there's the "effect" you're looking for and it's not 40 million abortions over 40 years. It's much bigger.

It's social conservative Catholic hispanic immigration, it's Southern Baptist churches pushing their teens to marry and have babies (heard the sermons first hand), it's suburban explosions of familial homogeny reducing exposure to "liberal" ideals and probably a host of other things having nothing to do with the lack of a few hundred thousand 18 year old voters in 2004 (both potentially conservative and liberal) from abortions back in 1986.

Of course, I'm not buying your conspiracy theory that insideous forces are behind the choice movement to depopulate liberalism, which logically would require conservatives being behind it (unless this is a confession).

But what of the very real movements in both Christianity and Islam that have stated overt conspiracies to breed everyone else out. What do you think the anti-contraception and choice movements are about exactly? The exodus movements? The home schooling? The calls to breed and fill pews?

Genesis 1:28—"Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth"

THAT is what a conspiracy to breed out ideology looks like.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think you're saying it's not a political conspiracy...so then move it to PTS

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There is only one social phenomeno n that can be correctly linked to Roe vs Wade.

In the 1990's, crime in the US dropped quite a bit. While Clinton tried to take credit for it, he really had nothing to do with it. A descision made 20 some odd years prior took care of the problem.

The majority of criminals are males between the ages of 18-25. This is the age group where crime peaks, and tends to drop off after. During the 90's, those in that age group would have been born between 1971 to 1978, or something liek that. But first, during the 60's and 70's, a big rise in the use of birth control. But Roe vs Wade also saw the two following years, 1974 and 1975 drop down to the lowest birth rates in US history, because more women could have abortions.

The reason for the sudden crime drop in the 1990's was because there were fewer potential criminals. The potentials had been prevented or aborted.

Abd ironically, during the 1990's, liberalism was pretty high.

Abortion did help cull the criminal population a bit.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just because a person has a right leaning political stance does not mean they wouldn't get an abortion. Abortions cost money and who has more money than the right.
Also the left has had a vacuum of leadership over the last few years. There's hardly any difference in Washington today.
But most importantly the imagined increase of the right is due to the illusion created by a few voting machines in Florida and Ohio.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join