It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I made a meme to show how I view 2 party politics.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Please tell me who I should vote for then? I currently vote Republican because they are the lesser of the 2 evils right now. Republicans didn’t get me fired because I chose not to get an experimental shot, then censor me online when I call them out on it, Democrats and liberals did. Republicans didn’t shut down the economy and cause runaway inflation, Democrat governors did that. Republicans aren’t out here saying I’m a terrorist because I voted a certain way, Democrats are. Republicans didn’t force medical insurance on me that was unaffordable because I have to subsidize others medial insurance then fine me because I couldn’t afford it, Democrats did that though. So please tell me what it is that Republicans have done that have hurt you personally, because I just gave you real reasons to vote for Republican vs Democrat and not these liberal taking points that both sides are the same because they’re not.

Maybe at this small point in time they seem better but they all work together. How do you think these companies like Amazon and Twitter were able to get so powerful? It was the Republicans who opposed anti-trust law enforcement and union busting. When problems happened as a result (like millions not having health insurance) the Democrats solution was very pro-monopoly.

You like many others may vote Republicans because you can't see the big picture that things are run by the elite in both parties.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Please enlighten me on the big picture. The big picture as I know it is we have 2 choices as of right now and the better choice is Republicans for the reasons I stated in the post you quoted. I think it’s people like you that don’t have the big picture and that is that here in a couple days, either Republicans or Democrats will control Congress and I know which side I want. Do you?

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

When the uniparty rears it's ugly head, this is how I describe republicans and democrats.

Leave the holy pilgrimage to save shakaka out of this. All hail shakaka!

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yep in the UK, it's definitely a false choice. People believe there's a difference. There is no difference, and they both take their orders from above, Maybe the WEF, who knows?

That's why we all need to vote in a new party. Unfortunately the system is set up to almost make that impossible. Plus with half the voters being braindead/washed, the only thing they'll vote for is whomever dad or grandad told them to.

At this point I've basically given up. The UK is on its knees, no going back now and you've just got to try and get through life and ride the waves set by the wave machine.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: namehere

I have to ask, what is so fascist about the republican party.

Please enlighten.

America is a left-right spectrum nation, sharing aspects of the left and right, both parties are fascist in some aspects, even if they like to call each other leftists or right wingers, in the end they are much the same sharing both left wing and right wing political views.
when i say Republicans are fascist i dont deny that Democrats are also fascist, but i do recognize the Republicans have destroyed the status quo that kept things in the middle, that they are closer to one extreme than Democrats are and therefore more of a threat to our democratic system and liberty.
that they are not operating in our national interests and the party is lying to people, exploiting peoples insecurities for the sake of personal ambition, that they have no real interest in improving our conditions or helping the common man, they only campaign on hatred and never mention any actual policy to help anyone, nothing about healthcare, safety, economy, working conditions, poverty, etc, like they used to.

How odd. This is EXACTLY how I see the Democrats.
Reminds me of the meme of the woman holding the sign that reads "Vote Republican. They aren't perfect, but the Left is INSANE."

ETA: and on the meme, its great and how I view American politics for sure. But again, the Left? Insane. Its like my friend's answer to how she could vote for Herschel Walker vs. Warnock. "If I have to choose between two crazy domestic abusers,I'll pick the conservative one."
edit on 7-11-2022 by SideEyeEverything because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2022 by SideEyeEverything because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Exactly. Its as if they want us demoralized to the point of not voting at all. And then what do we get? More loony left. Because they will stick together like NASA grade velcro unlike the Republicans-never Trumpers.
I will vote for the (REAL not RINO) conservative candidate time and again until the Left moves back to the center and we know that ain't gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

yeahbut the Sherman Antitrust Act was passed into law with Senate and House (R) Majorities and a (R) President ?? 😀

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The idea is that a two party system promotes stability, and when a change happens, it happens bipartisan-ly.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
I find the timing of this meme a little suspicious

How is it suspicious?
If you look at my posting history I've been constantly and consistently saying the 2 party system in pretty much every country that has it is BS for a long time now.

I've been encouraging people to vote 'None of the above" for literally years trying to get people to try something different than doing the same thing over and over and being surprised when nothing changes.

Heck I'm just doing what politicians, and red and blue fan boys/girls have being doing for god knows how long.

Would it be suspicious if I said "You should vote red/blue and here is why?"

lmfao I'm not even an American, you do not have to listen to me, or read what I write or even reply.
Free will is a wonderful thing.

Maybe stop being so easily influenced by others, including weirdos from Australia.

edit on 7-11-2022 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos, some of my keyboards keys are on their way out. Might be some H's missing lol

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

wow...the mental gymnastics you go through to ignore historical facts.

Both the democrat and Republican party have the colors red, blue and white because those are the colors of THE AMERICAN FLAG... This claim of yours that the colors are the same because they are the same party is completely wrong.

Those of you who claim you are sanctimonious, and you don't stick to a party are the majority of the same people who voted for Bill Clinton, and/or for Obama twice...

It is true that there are RINOs in the Republican party, but you fail to mention that the Republican party has split. Those who continue to be rinos are the same people who voted to impeach President Trump. THEY are the "uniparty." Meanwhile those who continue to back Trump, not because of his memes or his tweets but because of his pro-American and pro-liberty policies, have been labeled as "domestic terrorists," and the corrupt DOJ and FBI have gone after such people.

But you want to claim that the MAGA Republicans, who adhere more to real Republicanism, are the same as the RINOs and democrats/left who are suppressing freedom of speech, are taking away parental rights and make their "political opponents into criminals"?...

Naaa. It is those like you who continue to claim "vote for the person and not the party", are the ones who always put the worse people in power such as Obama. If you continue doing the same, you will continue to choose people like "Obama" meanwhile you claim those who have been marginalized and targeted by the criminal globalist cabal "are part of the uniparty..."

edit on 8-11-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You are not American, yet here you are ignoring historical facts, such as the reason why both parties use the colors red, blue and white, and you make up crap that is false.

Those who side with you, and are Americans, are the majority of the people who put Obama in power twice. They are the same people claiming "vote not for the party/policies, vote for the person" and put people like Obama twice in power who destroyed the U.S. and made it into the criminal and illegal cabal it is now.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How many of you making these false claims voted for Obama?

Independent voters/aka "voters that don't stick to a party" were the ones who helped put Obama in power twice...

Obama won the independent vote in November by 52-44, and so far, his support among this group remains strong. According to the March 30-April 5 Gallup Poll (see table below), his approval among independents is 60% - almost exactly what it was on inauguration day and pretty much where it has remained ever since.

Independents and Obama: How Polarized is the Public?

It was exactly those you all claim in here are "the saviors of mankind" are the people who put those like Obama in power.

The # hole the U.S. has been turned into was started by Obama.

edit on 8-11-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments, excerpt and link.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I didn't.

I wrote extensively on him.

His Obamacare legacy has ruined healthcare.

He's a leftist and anti-American.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Then you were part of the minority of independents. But it was the independents who put Obama in office not just once, but twice.

I also wrote extensively about Obama's own policies and how obvious it was his purpose was to radically transform the U.S. Those threads were ignored by most. Even when Obama implemented "indefinite detention", which has been used against the January 6th political prisoners, and even when Obama kept choosing criminals in BLM and went against our law enforcement independents as a majority still voted for him.

What I am saying is that the claim made by the op is false. Independents, those that do not stand on party lines/policies, are the ones who helped destroy the U.S. and make it into what it is today.

The independents, as a majority alongside democrats/leftists, did not save the U.S. but instead helped destroy it. Which is contrary to what the op is claiming here. Same as his claim that "democrats and republicans use the colors blue, red and white because they are a uniparty" when both use those colors because they are the colors of the American flag.

This op is full of lies and ignorance of historical facts.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I think my post went over your head a little.

You seem a little triggered there. You need a hug?

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 11:59 PM
link   
ok to try to clarify more of what I am doing here. For those unfamiliar with my pov regarding politics.

(thankfully most of you seem to get it. I'm pleasantly surprised at the mostly positive feedback.)

It's not about the history of how the colours come into it. and people getting hung up on things like 'team colours' like makes my point if anything. It's not about what makes my party different to yours. It's about what they have in common.

Your colours could have come from smoking a peace pipe with an alien on the moon for all I care.

But colours matter in the sense of 'teams'. An example of this is that despite it being just pieces of coloured cloth stitched together, a inanimate thing, look how many people around the world would harm you for burning a 'flag'.
Many would react like you were burning a toddler to death.

Same applies to every thing we humans do. Sports, politics, religion. People pick a team then they support that team no matter what lest they be rejected. People get upset when you piss on THEIR team colours. In the team part of the team. Even when the team f***s up. But at the end of the day the only difference between red and blue is on the light spectrum.

Black is also colour. (or is it a shade? I forget) It's the thing that pots call kettles. And well in politics on every level there is a lot of that. And for folks like me it is impossible to not see both sides as being the same things but with a different paint job.

I have no party by the way. My voting is based purely on policy, and my belief in a candidate's and their cronies' ability to make that policy happen. Policy that is in the best interests of the majority of people if not all. (because you cannot make 100% of people happy 100% of the time)

Not American, but I will use American terms and references as most of ATS is made up of Americans and so I like to do what works best for the MAJORITY. It might confuse some if I used Australian examples. While similar politically and culturally we're also very different. But the core principles apply. 2 major parties, elections. Mostly self serving out of touch rich people running the show.

So while my picture shows American content I apply the same view to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, England, etc. etc.
If you have a similar 2 party system my POV applies.

2 parties, maybe some 'independents' but every election, still the same government. And well this forum is called U.S POLITICAL MADNESS or something. And so I like to be on topic. Makes the mods lives easier.

And even being a foreigner, this site is open to the public on an international level. We're all entitled to freedom of speech and opinion. And unless you're the CEO of ATS or an authorized member of staff, I won't be censored.

So with that cleared up.

Again it is a matter of RIGHT AND WRONG for me. I am not the "I will vote for Trump because Biden hurt my feels", "I will vote for Biden because Trump hurt my feels."

and there are plenty of people world wide like that. voting on feelings. thinking with their hearts not their heads.

It really is an US V THEM mentality. And this is why your politics and in its own ways my countries, are in the shambles they currently are.

So much division. I mean the U.S of A quite literally has 'UNITED" in the name. You don't hear of UNITED STATES, you hear of RED STATES and BLUE STATES.

I get told you're not a country, you're a constitutional republic or something. It feels like you guys go out of your way to show how not united you are.

Any way, as I've repeatedly said, you get the same party and politicians, ergo the same government every election.
EVERY ELECTION. SAME GOVERNMENT.

Same democrats and republicans voting on and passing laws. Only change is when a President loses they seem to just quit and become highly paid public speakers. (maybe with odd exceptions like Donald who comes across as wanting to be elected again.) But how many elections have Nancy Pelosi and even Biden been around for?
Ted Cruz, DeSantis?

If republicans win, will AOC and Kamala vanish? No they'll still be doing what they do now. If democrats win will Trump vanish? Tell me exactly what changes?

Did Trump drain the swamp? Did Biden? Has any politician?

Do they do what the majority want? Do they hold every one accountable regardless of who they are?
Seems like they're the winners not us.

Majority of Americans want corrupt officials and government organizations to be brought to justice and cleaned up.

Would/Did Biden do that? Would/Did Trump? Did Obama? Did Bush jnr? Did Clinton? Did Bush Senior? Did Reagan and so on and so forth?

When a lot of people said 'forgive student debt', it was rejected by all. And I do mean all because when the 'party' that supported it got power look how long they dragged their feet on the matter. And even when they said 'it's done' it's still going on an has been a fluster cluck.

etc. etc. so on and so forth.

You getting it yet?

If you want a conspiracy angle to it.
The Clintons went to Trumps wedding FFS. I honestly believe Donald started as a plant to make Hillary look good because even her own people didn't like her. But she screwed up when she started mocking him, and well history shows Trump hates being publicly mocked. So I think he got legit about it to 'show her', ended up loving the power and attention and decided to keep at it.

The rich politicians rub shoulders with each other everyday. You and I are not their equals. We're good for votes and photo ops. They're not inviting you to Bohemian Grove for beer and orgies.

Just as two big NFL football teams aren't inviting their fans back to the VIP club for beer after the game. Nope, thanks for the money, now go home.

They're ALL in the same sport, if not the same club. Both parties will see YOU in prison for a crime.
But Trump, Pelosi, none of them will see the inside of a cell. Ever. And if they'rer on you're team you'll either defend, ignore or out right deny their crimes, while calling for the other side to be locked away for ever.

During the 'pandemic' the politicians and their billionaire friends ALL got richer while we suffered. Left/Right Red/Blue.
While we lost jobs, homes, money and our lives.
We had to isolate, mask, mandatory for the peasants to get shots. But they did not.

Rules for thee but not for me, and who stopped it. NOBODY. Not the Left, not the Right, and the whole time the voters have fought each other.

Republicans and Democrats both flew on the Lolita Express. Did YOUR team call for all the information to be made public?
Did they call for anyone involved to be named?

If you had a chance to nail your 'enemy' to a wall surely you'd do it. Unless you had a mutual reason to want it swept under the rug. Wasn't just Prince Andrew flying around with Epstein and Maxwell.

I could go on and on and on to show the obvious reasons it's clear they work for and with each other. What they do for you they do so you don't Jan 6th them ALL and then some. (What do your constitutions say about such matters?)

They know what will happen if you all actually unite so they keep you at each others throats while they profit and laugh.

If 90% of people say "Legalize weed" do they work for you when they say "No, we know better"
Do they work for you when they allow "We the owners of 'privatised prisons inc.' lobby for marijuana to remain illegal because it would affect our profits. We need people to be criminals"

Is it a free and just system? (word limit)
edit on 9-11-2022 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 12:11 AM
link   
(continued)

Shouldn't a government for the people be 'people want this' our job is to 'make it so'.

Not 'a hand full of rich people will now use their religious beliefs to over ride the desires of billions'.

Tell me exactly how your party is different to the other?

On the surface they give the illusion of difference, but if you look a bit deeper you see they're all the same.

System is broke, made for a different time. How long ago were laws and constitutions etc written? The time they were written at were the time they were written for. Not an age of computer chips and satellites.

Time to elect people based on skill and capability, not bank account size and popularity. Not based on them being the right 'colour'
Time to stop fighting each other and go after them. There has to be a better way especially with the tech we have now.

I mean if I can do my taxes and other government stuff from a computer just fine why can I not vote on laws that directly affect me myself?

We can decide who runs things but not decide things for ourselves? We should vote on laws and policy, and then their job should be purely about enacting them. Imagine how freed up prisons would be if WE got rid of victimless crimes? Because they sure as hell rarely do it.

There are other ways but we'll never know if we never try them, and as long as any party doesn't show they are indeed for the people and trying to enact actual change to give people more rights freedoms and protections you'll never convince me they're not 'ALL IN THIS TOGETHER'

Regardless, human world has been spiralling out of control for too long and since the invention of the internet it's gotten worse.

Stop doing the same thing and expecting different results. Open your eyes. You got rid of Kings and Queens and replaced them with Kings and Queens. Many as equally born into their lives as any royal out there.

You deserve a government that truly represents all of you. Not just 50% of you on any given day and 0% every day.
edit on 9-11-2022 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos. probably more in their they're there

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think you're right

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:08 AM
link   

You make many good points, wait for it ... but ...

Folks love Pro-Wrestling™, despite knowing that it's fake.

Folks love going to Casinos™, even though they know they're rigged.

Folks love Pro-Sports™, even though their largest partner is now the Gambling-Industry™.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join