It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, it's another Papal Prophecy thread.. so shoot me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Unless you only read braille, you've already seen a thousand threads about Malachi predicting a Pope with the motto "De labore Solis" or "Of the Labor of the Sun". We all think it's John Paul II because he was born during a solar eclipse, and that may still be the correct interpretation, BUT...
On the day of his funeral there will be another solar eclipse, this one only visible as a total eclipse in a narrow band that starts in the middle of the Pacific and basically ends in the country of Colombia.

What's odd about Colombia is that for a small country, it has three Cardinals that are elligible to become the next Pope. I don't know anything about their chances, but here's some info on them and I'm sure someone here will have some thoughts on them.

Pedro Cardinal Rubiano Sàenz

Function: Archbishop of Bogotá, Colombia
Title: Cardinal Priest of Trasfigurazione di Nostro Signore Gesù Cristo
Birthdate: Sept 13, 1932
Elevated: Feb 21, 2001

Alfonso Cardinal López Trujillo

Function: President of Family, Roman Curia
Title: Cardinal Bishop of Suburbicarian See of Friscati
Birthdate: Nov 08, 1935
Elevated: Feb 02, 1983

Darío Cardinal Castrillón Hoyos

Function: Prefect of Clergy, Roman Curia
Title: Cardinal Deacon of SS. Nome di Maria al Foro Traiano
Birthdate: Jul 04, 1929

So.. do you all think this eclipse confirms that John Paul is the Pope that Malachi predicted, or do you think that a Cardinal from Colombia might be elected to replace him?

In other words, could this be Saint Malachi's prophecy with a twist ...of lime?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is interesting.
However, the date of the burial of the pope has nothing to do with the date of the next popes choosing.
The convocation of cardinals, that elects the next pope will not begin for some days after the funeral/burial of John Paul 2.
It is interesting, however, that "of the labor of the sun", is even more aptly applied to John Paul 2, in that he will have been both born during a solar eclipse and buried during a solar eclipse.
Doesn't that make him even more so, "De labore Solis"?
Just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yes JPII is supposed to be De labore Solis the next Pope will be Gloria olivae.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The one following the 'Labor of the Sun' is supposed to be 'Gloria Olivae'....can you relate that to any of these three Cardinals?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I just read the story about the solar eclipse on the day of the Pope's funeral and, of course, related it to "the Labor of the Sun." Since the next Pope is to be The Glory of the Olives, some people suggest he'll we a Benedictine. I want to reseach the Columbian Cardinals, above, and see what Orders they belong to
joey

[edit on 5-4-2005 by joey]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well Whomever it is The End Is Not Far Behind!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky003

Why relate it too a "bad" end. It may just b a great new beginning.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Erm, where would you like the first shot?

As for the St. Malachi prophecy(ies), not buying them.

The next Pope will either be from Latin America [due to the high Catholic percentage] or from Africa [who is sensitive to Islamic concerns].

seekerof

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb

Well Im How Would You Say not 100% Good So Im Getting Prepared for the Tribulation Because I Fear Ill Be HEre When It Happens!

Hey, If I Knew Id Be Taken Up in the Rapture, I Wouldnt Worry....So basically Thats The Reason Im Scared to Death Of this!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I betcha that the tribulation starts with this next pope. It would make sense for that last pope to be added on by the Catholic Church, so as to not scare the living # out of everyone when it actually happens. Plus, I do believe you can't use the name Peter as a pope.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

The next Pope will either be from Latin America [due to the high Catholic percentage] or from Africa [who is sensitive to Islamic concerns].

seekerof

Although I am "iffy" on the validity of the Machi prophecies, I do agree that I'd cast my bets with with you on a Latin American or African Pope. The Cardinal of Sao Paulo or Cardinal Arinze look like likely candidates.
joey

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Well Im How Would You Say not 100% Good So Im Getting Prepared for the Tribulation Because I Fear Ill Be HEre When It Happens!

Hey, If I Knew Id Be Taken Up in the Rapture, I Wouldnt Worry....So basically Thats The Reason Im Scared to Death Of this!

I guess that would be true for me if I believed in the "prophecies" and religious philosophies that you do. I don't mean that to sound condecending. I realize it does, kinda.
I will of course apologize and convert I see alot of people disappear.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

This is interesting.
However, the date of the burial of the pope has nothing to do with the date of the next popes choosing.
The convocation of cardinals, that elects the next pope will not begin for some days after the funeral/burial of John Paul 2.

Yes, I admit it doesn't have a connection to the election of the next Pope, yet.. If it does happen to be a Cardinal from Colombia, it would be a very strong coincidence that the final moment of this Pope's reign pointed to the beginning of the next one.

It is interesting, however, that "of the labor of the sun", is even more aptly applied to John Paul 2, in that he will have been both born during a solar eclipse and buried during a solar eclipse.
Doesn't that make him even more so, "De labore Solis"?
Just thought I'd point that out.

Yes again, it's the most obvious connection and it will probably turn out that way and convince a lot of people the prophecy is true. I'm just wondering if there could be a surprise coming up.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey
I just read the story about the solar eclipse on the day of the Pope's funeral and, of course, related it to "the Labor of the Sun." Since the next Pope is to be The Glory of the Olives, some people suggest he'll we a Benedictine. I want to reseach the Columbian Cardinals, above, and see what Orders they belong to
joey

[edit on 5-4-2005 by joey]

As I see it, there are actually four different ways the next Pope could fit the motto "Glory of the Olives".

First: The Italian regional elections were just won (on the day of the Pope's death) by a center left party called "The Olive Tree". The sitting government lost 9 of 11 regions and it was a totally unexpected result, so that's quite a coincidence.

Second: The Vatican Radio Station is called "One O Five Live" and their logo spells out "Olive". The Pope could be considered the "Glory of the Olive"

Third: The next Pope could be from the Benedictine Order which are known as the "Olivetans"

Fourth: The next Pope could be linked to olives somehow in his background - family business, name, birthplace, etc.

So there's lots of possibilities and just about every candidate would fit at least two of the descriptions. It would have to be someone who fits three or more to convince me.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Olives are a highly valued in Hispanic cultures so thats one overlooked possibility I would think. They are included in most foods or as garnish, decor and oils as well.

This narrow band seems to have pointed an arrow at Columbia which could be good enough reason for many as some sort of Spiritual hint.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here's something else about Malachi's prophecy. There are several sources that state that he only predicted 111 Popes and the last line of the prophecy was added by the Catholic Church. It's been interpreted as a motto for the 112th Pope, but if you look at the latin text it really seems like it's just talking about the church in general.

All the translations online say that "Petrus Romanus" = "Peter of Rome" but the latin word petrus actually means "rock". The Rock of Rome / Rock of Peter is the same thing (the church), but if you translate petrus as rock it would read:

In extreme persecution, the Rock of Rome, the seat of the Holy Roman Church, will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed and the formidable Judge will judge his people. The End.

It could just be an addition designed to avoid concern that we all die when we run out of popes. It basically says that the church will continue to look after it's 'flock' until the end, so don't worry.

So, the 111th Pope - The Glory of the Olives - could be the last one predicted.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
oops double post

[edit on 4/11/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Do you have any research on past eclipses in relation to religious happenings.

I found it intriguing that the recent pope was predicted to be born during an eclipse and also buried during one. I also know the eclipse happens every 7 years which 7 is a holy/mystical number. My point is as a mystic, part of my studies include Astrology and the position of the heavens have many indicators of whats happening on earth. I believe rare aspects such as eclipses may mark important milestones on earth.

Does that make sense??

top topics

join