It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's my dream mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hi.. I normally don't remember my dreams.. but a couple of nights ago.. I had a dream that me and some other people ( I can't remember their faces or who they were) were canoeing down this river, It might not have been a river because once we started going, I couldnt see the shore, it was just water all around me. But finally we got to the shore, and I saw an old torn down church, there were bricks here and there, and pieces of those stained windows laying around. and The window the stood out to me the most, was a picture of what I think was jesus, but I could only see his eyes in the window, the rest of the window was broken. (I don't go to church, and I'm not really religious) Then we kept walking and an owl flew past me. That's all I remember. Does it mean anything??

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Don't know what it means, but it sounds like a fun dream. I love canoeing. The obvious interpretation I guess would be that you are questioning your faith, but I don't really believe in the interpretation of dreams.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Beware of the Owl of Bohemia!

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baal
Beware of the Owl of Bohemia!

What???

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Must be an inside joke that is funny to him, CP.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Cindy,

Here are a few things to keep in mind to help you interpret your dream.

Owl
To see an owl in your dream, symbolizes wisdom, insight and virtue. The owl is also synonymous with death and darkness.
To hear the hoot of an owl, denotes disappointments and forewarns that death creeps closely in the wake of joy and health.
To see a dead owl, signifies a narrow escape from desperate illness and death. Death in this sense may also represent a symbolic death, as in an important transition in life.

Canoe
To see a canoe in your dream, represents serenity, simplicity, and independence. It is also a reflection of your emotional balance. You are moving ahead via your own power and determination.

Church
To see the outside of the church in your dream, signifies sacredness and spiritual nourishment. It is representative of your value system and the things you hold sacred.
To dream that you are in a church, suggests that you are seeking for some spiritual enlightenment and guidance. You are looking to be uplifted in some way. Perhaps you have made some mistakes in the past which have set you back on your path toward your goals. With proper support, you will get on the right track again. Alternatively, it may also mean that you are questioning and debating your life path and where it is leading. You are reevaluating what you want to do.
****** Note: With it being ruins it may mean a collapse of spirituality or sacredness******

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't ascribe to dream enterpretation books, or sites. You can use them as a basic idea, but because we all are different, living seperate lives, all things will not mean the same for each person. I've learned over the years it's best to interpret your own dreams really. Having said that though, I'll give your dream a go as to what I kinda see..

I would say the river is your life flowing along with people close to you(family/ friends)..because you could not see the shore, means you were looking for it and thought it odd you couldn't see it, so this could mean your life is heading somewhere you aren't sure of, possibly due to the influence of certain people-being that you weren't alone. You obviously did eventually make it through to your destination, but what you saw was old and torn down. And because it was a church, this could mean you will perhaps go back to something that happened to you in the past a place that meant alot to you but where you had no closure , perhaps a person, or something else meaningful in your life from a time long ago..The window might mean a chance to change something you did perhaps bad in the past, or something someone else did to you. But because you think it was Jesus, but only saw the eyes and the rest of the window was broken could mean it was someone else you once trusted, but they are out to deceive you again?

The biggest red flag I see in this dream *amongst* the many others, is the owl. I am Native American and swear by owls meaning ONE thing. Warning!! Do not go there. Go in a different direction! So with all that was said here, it may or may not pertain to you..BUT, if it does, then I would not trust someone or something coming back in your life to try and make amends..as they could be out to deceive you again, even though you want to trust them..Let me know what you think of everyones replies here..hope one of us could help you..
Magestica

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks Psycho and Magestica. Very interesting replies...especially Magestica's...Thanks to both of you for taking your time to read my post. I'll keep what you 2 said in mind.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Did you ever read Alice in Wonderland, things are not what they seem, all is backwards, topsy turvy, upside down. Read it backwards.
The Owl means wise up, Christ symbolizes the same or get rligion your going to need it, the crumpled church signifies earth shaterring times and that there is no religion in them for they fell and Christ remained, the canoe is your world and what you once thought serene on a river of choice is now a piece of wood adrift on a ocean
This is merely a way of looking at archtypal symbols of the collective sub-conscious of man, refer to Carl Gustav Jung at your local library.
The mind is a powerfull object, even more so when they are all linked together, do not ignore it, do not fear it, but be aware of it.
Unless you live on the weat coast then you should always be prepared for the worst!

tut tut

welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hm..Very interesting. I'll check that out.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh by the way Cindy why are you panting? I hope you are not afraid,' face your fear and it will pass through you and only you will remain' Frank Herbert- Dune Trilogy also at a public library near you

tut tut

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Okay. I'll do that.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Do you feel a bit of the guilties that you don't go to church maybe?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Feel guilty about not going to church? Nope not really.. I really dont even think of church.. so it's odd that i dreamed about one..

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The church is symbolic, when you dream of things they are not always *exactly* what they are in reality..meaning if I dream of a baby, it doesn't necessarily mean I want or will have one..there is alot of symbology in dreams..dreams are not reality, we need to remember that and step *out* of the box to understand them..
Magestica

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
God will DIE and people will have to be completely independent because there will be no god.

That was a complete guess dont listen to me

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
While I was growing up in Hawaii, owls were considered to be bad omens as well. To see only the eyes is kind of an enigma. All I can think of is that the eyes are the gateway to the soul. Maybe you were going trough a period of spiritual growth, and your dream was a signal to slow it down. Maybe you weren't ready. That's my guess, and I could be completely wrong.
I had a pretty weird dream months ago. I saw my self walking down the street in New York with some of my friends (people I don't know in real life, but they felt like friends). One of the got into a cab. Seconds later the cab exploded and blow up about a city block. I continued to walk even though there was mass chaos going on. As I continued to walk, I would see other "calm" people. Each of us that was calm started to form a group. Anyways, myself and this huge group of people walked into this warehouse, and we split the group in half. Myself and my half of the group turned into angels, and the other group turned into demons. We started to fight, and the dream ended. What do you think that means?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
hi, am from Ethiopia. wright after reading ur post i askd my grandma about it, an owl normally represents some thing bad. one thing u should relax about is that it passed u...well th pix u thought was Jesus is Jesus...n the church is just a representative of good things..nd finally my grandma has said that u some times need to go to the church...relax dreams r not exactly as u dream them. God be with u.

join