It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Tribulation Start Later This Month?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I understand the theology, just think it’s all made up by people who want to believe in it, bit like your post, it lacks any substantial biblical evidence.
If this rapture doesn’t happen, where will your faith be at?
edit on 6-9-2022 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Actually I did a bit of study on this and was able to prove it's in the Bible. It's just in 2 pieces that's all.

Matthew 24
26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Then the 2nd part.
Revelation 6 and 7

12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

9After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Matthew 24 shows the people being gathered. Revelation and the 6th seal shows them being delivered to the sea of glass surrounding the throne and the 24 elders.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech
The Matthew passage and the usual quotation from 1 Thessalonians ch4 are very clearly about the final Return of Christ, leading into the day of judgement. It is the idea of a separate "rapture" before the final return that is problematic. It is a recent novelty, devised because it is more exciting than traditional teaching.

edit on 6-9-2022 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I understand the theology, just think it’s all made up by people who want to believe in it, bit like your post, it lacks any substantial biblical evidence.
If this rapture doesn’t happen, where will your faith be at?

Pay close attention to the keyword he uses multiple times- Tradition. From there go back and understand where Lutheran tradition originated. He also teaches baptisim of children/babies..... He is also a kid. I first taught from Revelation sometime between 1973-1975. Before he was born. Yes he has a doctorate.
Now listen to some old guys with multiple doctorates
Here is Dr. Stanley. And another old gentleman with his doctorate, post doctorate, post post doctorate, and so forth is Dr. John Barnette (DTBM on Youtube) Both men go into the details of what was taught by Christ, Paul, John, Daniel, and others, and exactly why the tradition taught by the kid in the above video is mistaken.

Ive looked at all these positions and so has my dad. Dad attended 8 colleges, and has looked deeply into this, going all the way back to what Christ and the apostles taught, all the while paying no attention to traditions that were formed long after. His statement that this originated with Darby is completely wrong. Even the church established by Paul knew different then what the kid is teaching.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Hey sis, read and studied both sides and in some depth, not new and not dangling my feet either
Not saying you and your trusted are wrong, just not for me
My question remains, what if you do go through the tribulation, where will your faith be then?
The bible states
“At that time many will be offended and repelled [by their association with Me] and will fall away [from the One whom they should trust] and will betray one another [handing over believers to their persecutors] and will hate one another. Christian Standard Bible Then many will fall away, betray one another, and hate one another.”

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

We are actually seeing that right now.

My faith doesnt hinge on Harpadzo. I get attacked daily on Facebook for my faith. Ive been attacked on here for it. There is a great falling away going on right now. There are many seeker churches teaching all kinds of nonsense like prosperity doctrine. Many churches teach the opposite of what Yeshua and the disciples taught. Im not talking about rapture either. The belief or disbelief in Harpadzo doesnt matter. The relationship does. The " being saved by faith by the grace of God part is what matters.

One more thing: There will be people who accept Christs redemption during the Tribulation. I do believe that Jews will be evangelizing beginning at the midway point. Most Christians who accept Christ during the Tribulation with be executed by decapitation. Thats not as painful as what was done to many of the early Christians
edit on 6-9-2022 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Well sincerely, I have no desire to attack or cause contention, just that rapture is nothing more than a biblical assumption.
Be prepared spiritually if it doesn’t happen.
Gods will be done

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well, best I can figure out is there is supposed to be another tribulation period before the main one. In Matthew 24 Jesus Christ says that there would be the days of the tribulation of the carcass before the main tribulation.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

And if I have the carcass reference right in verse 28 what I'm thinking here is that "carcass" reference is referring back to the Daniel 8 ram and goat prophecy. Meaning he is telling us to look for a country that looked "Greek" to Daniel would conquer 3 nations in the middle east/old Persia.

And as of right now the US has managed to conquer 2 nations in the middle east. So keep a watch on Iran. If they do something that results in retaliation by Israel and the US we could technically be in the "days of the tribulation of the carcass" shortly after that war starts.

And considering there are predictions of a long cold winter in the US and Europe with gas prices going back up along with heating oil and natural gas it could be quite a bad winter this year.

So there could be a tribulation starting soon. Just not the one you're thinking about.
edit on 13-9-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sorry to inform you guys, but the Tribulation starts this month. A Frog that identifies as a human told me that.

What is rapture? I guess I missed that part...

Honestly sounds like something heavens gate stuff to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The Matthew passage and the usual quotation from 1 Thessalonians ch4 are very clearly about the final Return of Christ, leading into the day of judgement. It is the idea of a separate "rapture" before the final return that is problematic. It is a recent novelty, devised because it is more exciting than traditional teaching.

if the rapture concept was a 'recent novelty' why did Paul have to assure the Thessalonians that it hadn't happened yet?

this 'rapture is a recent invention' is itself an invention.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
Check again (2 Thessalonians ch2 v2).
The "day of the Lord" is the final return of Christ in judgement, the N.T. equivalent of the O.T. Day of the Lord. In v8, Jesus is destroying the man of iniquity "by his appearing and his coming". Paul is warning them against the idea that this event is going to happen any moment now. (because, obviously, the man of iniquity has to arrive before he can be destroyed). As we know from 1 Thessalonians ch4, the final return of Christ is the time when all of us, including the newly resurrected saints, will "meet the Lord".

If people would stop contriving new interpretations of the Bible to fit what they want to believe, the Rapture teaching would disappear.

I must give my frank judgement that the Rapture teaching and most other modern "end-times" teaching have come into existence because people have been preferring and looking for exciting ideas at the expense of true ideas. It is precisely the phenomenon of "itching ears" that Paul warned us about.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   

JESUS said he will be coming on the clouds with great glory...
think massive alien invasion starting in the east to west,
like the movie independance day... EVERYONE ON EARTH WILL SEE IT

before that , the whole earth shakes arising GOD from his rest,
sky rolls up like a scroll, sky darkened and moon turns red,,
like from nuclear war... chemicals and dirt in the atmosphere

stars fall from the sky like a fig tree in a storm..
how about the 100,000 satelites in orbit like STARLINK,,
either shot out of the sky by lasers n missiles,
or possibly a collapse in earths magnetic field,,and crash to earth
or brought on by massive meteorite with key to bottomless pit

NOW,...
there are those who think they can not just survive,
but WIN a nuclear war, not afraid of a little FALLOUT
and a year in a bunker... with some handy iodine-pills WELL,....

the fallout is JUST THE BEGINNING....
there will be massive forrest fires, crops and animals burnt crispy,
now think of all those teslas catching fire, and powerwalls spewing toxic gasses.

gas lines will rupture, entire neighborhoods explode
any of the nearby leaking oil gas and fracking wells, leaking natural gas
will catch fire looking like burning TORNADOS.. then theres all those
chemical supply, battery warehouses, mining waste dumps,
bio-research labs, military labs, pig farms, sewage plants, and sewer lines
ALL BEING BLASTED OVER A WIDE AREA
make the katrina mess look beautiful and dideases and TOXIC chemicals everywhere

THEN,.... well chernobyl was repaired as quick as possible but in war
NO SUCH LUCK.. chernobyl destroyed/poisoned an area the size of pennsylvania..
in america we have roughly 104 nuke plants , 2plus per state.
say a nuke hits a power plant along with all the tons of spent fuel
spewing that across many miles.. what does a complete meltdown look like?

now, i know i am missing quite a few nasties, like chemical and bio-weapons
being unleashed even by accident. or purposely in war
but .. for those hiding in their bunkers, coming out to this mess
face the wrath of GOD..... us peasants will die quickly.
they will have to clean it up all by themselves too- no slaves left

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: cappie

before that , the whole earth shakes arising GOD from his rest,
sky rolls up like a scroll, sky darkened and moon turns red,,
like from nuclear war... chemicals and dirt in the atmosphere

Cthulhu!

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
No, absolutely not. We believe its 300 years from now. And there is no rapture either.
edit on 4-11-2022 by Obdurate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes, it is indeed the tribulation. Now, then, that it is already the tribulation, are you even worthy of this so-called "rapture" blah-blah?

You see, lots of church-people right now are always waiting for this "rapture" thing not even knowing what it really means. They just wanted to be saved, as they call it. haha, converting there, converting here, converting everywehre. they are the real church, that is the real church, now, where's the church?

Of all your expectations regarding this rapture thingy, have you even reconsidered of your worthiness to be in heaven? what have you done so far to prove that you deserve such salvation? is it because you have gone to church etc etc? what really have you done? Are not you ashamed of this? You seek heaven and salvation when you haven't done anything at all? You know, same-ol, same-ol, have faith, accept Jesus, repent, and voila! You are saved. haha, truly worthy of heaven indeed.

Rethink first before even having such expectation. Bye, bye, bye.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiKen
Of all your expectations regarding this rapture thingy, have you even reconsidered of your worthiness to be in heaven? what have you done so far to prove that you deserve such salvation? is it because you have gone to church etc etc? what really have you done? Are not you ashamed of this? You seek heaven and salvation when you haven't done anything at all? You know, same-ol, same-ol, have faith, accept Jesus, repent, and voila! You are saved. haha, truly worthy of heaven indeed.

Rethink first before even having such expectation. Bye, bye, bye.

nobody really 'deserves' to be in Heaven.
Salvation is a gift.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

yes, it is a "gift" but it is the "CHOICE" of accepting it or not that decides everything.

Have you also watched certain youtube preachers that claimed to have visited heaven repeatedly? Are not they afraid of what will happen to them if the reckoning is nigh? Huh, wolves indeed in sheep skin. Yikes! Just for money, fame, and other wordly things, they truly made it that far...

They are so-so and truly needs to be so-so too. In the end, it is their choices that will make them experience what is ought to be experienced.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join