It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaq said Earth Flat Cause Plane Doesn't Flip Upside Down going to Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

True or not, it's a conspiracy board that gets a lot of the info through off-label sites. Even Yahoo ran with this and earlier in 2017 the same. It's probably a prank but who knows? That's why ATS is here, is to debate and research to get at the truth. The entire site can't be moved to hoax or LOL, although many if not most theories here are wrong or only partially accurate. The way to go here rather than being critical and angry is to search for evidence this is wrong and post links to your sources. Prove it wrong first then suggest it move to Hoax.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Well said.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You guys know Shaq is a huge troll right, figuratively and literally and physically.

^___^

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That's true, and he's actually talented in a lot of different things but he really shouldn't be speaking on subjects like this.

a reply to: Blueracer

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The way to go here rather than being critical and angry is to search for evidence this is wrong and post links to your sources. Prove it wrong first then suggest it move to Hoax.

So it is and I already did --

“The Earth is flat,” he told the Washington Post.  “Would you like to hear my theory? The first part of the theory is, I’m joking, you idiots.

The following is the Washington Post article linked in the above quote in my previous comment --

Shaquille O’Neal says he was just joking with flat-Earth comments

The WaPo link is from 2017. The link in my previous comment, which references the WaPo article in rebuttal to the OP link, is from today.

I think that about covers it...
edit on 27-8-2022 by Boadicea because: Punctuation

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O
Probably the best gif I have ever seen! Well done.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: booroot

This is to stupide to believe.
He must be trolling or making a joke, right?

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Shaq was trolling and he's no stranger to messing with people. I've met him once and I don't usually fall for gotchas, but he got me good. I shook his hand.. Well, as well as I could. It was more like he just made my whole hand disappear and squeezed it real tight. That man could crush some # lemme tell ya.

What's funnier to me is that the link in the OP now has some sort of disclaimer type text up about getting grief over being linked to ATS lmao

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
With the crazy amount of radio waves flying around a tin foil hat might not be that crazy. Flat earthers. That's just gross.

edit on CSun, 28 Aug 2022 09:31:30 -0500am2022-08-28T09:31:30-05:00kamSundayam2022-08-28T09:31:30-05:00k by Crackalackin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Ask him about basketball and im sure he will have it down.

Basic science and physics seem to be beyond his comprehension skills all the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Double my bad.
edit on 28-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The next question is why do they always put the North Pole on top of maps?

It's not even a Continent is it?

How did ancient map drawings in 700BC always know to put North on top ?? 😁👨‍🎓

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That makes it a prank, rather than a lie or a hoax.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

That makes it a prank, rather than a lie or a hoax.

Okay... a technicality but fair enough I suppose. That's why I qualified my initial comment as "hoax or similar," so I get your point.

But we both know that's not how it's being portrayed or discussed. And that's sure as hell not in the spirit or heart of the ATS I know and love...

Oh well. If folks would rather embrace stupidity than deny ignorance, so it will be. Sadly, even on ATS.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Go LSU Tigers!

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Shaq's style of humor has always been bone-dry, and he sticks with that dryness to the very end, rarely giving in and rarely saying "just kidding."

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Speaking as a member and not as Staff, which means I won't have any part in any decisions regarding this thread due to my participation in it.

What would you do? Move all threads on topics that are clearly bogus to most people to Hoax or LOL? It would make no sense here, maybe on another site not centered around conspiracy topics IMO.

To me in this case, this was a debate about whether or not he meant it tongue in cheek or was serious. That's the point of most conspiracy conversations in that they pretty much all are open to interpretation until they are proven not to be. However, if it's a known intentional hoax or a known falsehood used as click-bait, those belong in the hoax or lol forums. That is not the case here, but now it's been worked out to be a joke, the thread served its purpose.

There was no ill intent by any party here. Not Shaq and not the people asking if he really believed that. My four cents.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The LOL forum! I knew there was another one and could not think of the name -- thank you!

And yes, I probably would have moved it to LOL -- with a comment that it had been moved and why, and letting the discussion continue for what it truly is.... Shaq trolling the too-big-for-its-briches media.

Gotta love that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join