It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thoughts on liberia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
first, he wouldn't leave without peace keepers, now peace keepers won't be set until he leaves, and each day, the rebels inch toward the streets of monrovia, six miles away in fact. i am also kinda curious as to why everyone else is concentrating on large situations like north korea and iran, instead of little nation building attempts like this. in reality, since the conception of america, we've had only a few good attempts at building nations.

germany, world war two
italy, world war two
panama, panama crisis,
and grenada or something

all other twenty odd attempts at nation building since the spanish american war have gone sour, look at world war one, we jacked that up, vietnam, korea, afghanistan and iraq are too close to call.

what do you think will happen in liberia, here is a link...

Taylors militiamen flee Iron Gate, give up positions on Monvrovia outskirts

and my thoughts on this thing.

i think, one of the two will happen, with one being, we send in peacekeepers and all goes to plan, except for maybe a few firefights between the US and whatever takers we get, or two. we keep on with taylor about when we'll arrive, when he'll leave, and eventually, the rebels will just take monrovia. that is the actual situation now. the rebel forces, have taken military base, and positions just outside of the capitol, coming within six miles of the city, and if no agreement is reached soon, they will make the final push into the city, that could get messy fast, and bush will be to blame for acting too slowly. already, we have taylors own militia getting disgruntled, and with people not knowing where to go for safety, i think the rebels are going to make a bad situation a little bit better, if they go about things the right way. the next week will tell.

new topics

join