It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desmond, the young "hero" drag queen

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

I myself didn't want to be a girl, mainly because I wanted to be exactly like my brother and his friends, I only wanted to play with boys, wear boy cloths, do boy things, fight with sticks and say I wanted to be in the military when I grow up.... back then they called it being a 'tomboy'.
I grew completely out of it, almost in a matter of days, once I came into puberty.

So, 11 years old? that is way to young to know exactly who you are and what you want....

I grew up in an all boys neighborhood with 2 brothers.

Yes, I wanted to be a boy -- but I KNEW I was a girl.

Want and KNEW are different.

yes true,
I never doubted the fact that I was a girl

Acceptance, by outsiders, is a long tough road.

Let me ask you a question... When you were in high school, were there any groups that didn't accept you? For example, maybe the guys didn't accept you because you were a girl, the girls didn't accept you because you were a tomboy, the black kids didn't accept you because you were white, the gothic kids didn't accept you because you didn't dress in all black and draw "KORN" on your jeans in thick black letters, etc.

I was in high school early 60s. In a beach city suburb of Los Angeles. Before busing.

There wasn't the extreme division there is now.

Jocks & Sosh -- Vatos and Camelherders.

I had my group, and we were fine being us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

However, my granddaughter experienced much more critical judgement. Even though physically she's quite a stunner.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: ColeYounger

I don’t know about this child but I will say I really believe there are people that were born in the wrong body.

We all knew them growing up before it was “popular”. The thing is, it was rare and not celebrated. There is a lot of historical stuff about these kind of people all over the world and for the most part society accepted they were really born in the wrong body.

Now there are a lot of young people that are just doing it for attention. I think back to when I was growing up and there were goths.
This seems similar to me, the only problem is that some of these young folks are going to extreme measures and doing things that are not easily reversible.

Drs said it was fixable but no one wanted that.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Had he been born one generation ago, this boy would be out riding his bike and discovering the world with his friends. But it's 2020, so he's pole-dancing in drag on television"

I doubt that.

I doubt that's his personality at all.

I think that is the personality of kids of any kind, having fun with friend s and not worrying about sex before puberty.
The best part of life for nearly everyone.
I am surprised you think you would know the personality of any actor putting on their act.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There are people who can't accept reality, and then get pissy when others don't want to play make believe with them.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

My 14-year-old has no interest in sports, or outdoor activity.
Aren't we beyond stereotyping boys?

I have friends and relatives with young buys too. Most of them spend an inordinate amount of time playing video games,
whereas young girls are on their phones 24\7.
I guess old stereotypes have just been replaced with new ones.

Sounds about right. Times change, interests change.

I personally like sports -- unfortunately 2 ex-husbands had no interest in sports -- and current boyfriend has no interest in sports.

I feel sports deprived as a woman LOL

Maybe you're actually a man. Or born in the wrong body. Or maybe you should find men who like sports. Shouldn't be that hard to find one or two.
edit on 16-7-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Had he been born one generation ago, this boy would be out riding his bike and discovering the world with his friends. But it's 2020, so he's pole-dancing in drag on television"

I doubt that.

I doubt that's his personality at all.

I think that is the personality of kids of any kind, having fun with friend s and not worrying about sex before puberty.
The best part of life for nearly everyone.
I am surprised you think you would know the personality of any actor putting on their act.

Some see 'sex'. Like YOU.

Some see performance art.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

My 14-year-old has no interest in sports, or outdoor activity.
Aren't we beyond stereotyping boys?

I have friends and relatives with young buys too. Most of them spend an inordinate amount of time playing video games,
whereas young girls are on their phones 24\7.
I guess old stereotypes have just been replaced with new ones.

Sounds about right. Times change, interests change.

I personally like sports -- unfortunately 2 ex-husbands had no interest in sports -- and current boyfriend has no interest in sports.

I feel sports deprived as a woman LOL

Maybe you're actually a man. Or born in the wrong body. Or maybe you should find men who like sports. Shouldn't be that hard to find one or two.

Do I look like a man?

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I could not care less how you look. There are more important things in this world, with physical looks being among the very least of them.

Aren't you a little too old to be caring about something so trivial anyways? Or is it just because you're a woman and care about such vanities? Must have had been spoiled to have such lowly cares.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I could not care less how you look. There are more important things in this world, with physical looks being among the very least of them.

Aren't you a little too old to be caring about something so trivial anyways? Or is it just because you're a woman and care about such vanities? Must have had been spoiled to have such lowly cares.

Your claim -- not mine. "Maybe you're actually a man".

I'm raising a 14-year-old boy. This generation of teens openly discusses all aspects of gender and sexuality.

Ignorance helps no one.

edit on 18-7-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm yet again reminded that old folks can't recognize sarcasm. That reminds me the inability to detect lies and sarcasm is a suspected early sign of dementia.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   

These are the types of people who commit suicide after they reach puberty and realize what they've been suckered into.

They commit suicide because of the outside judgement by others.

Or after the pandering is gone because he is no longer the cute novelty he has no idea on how to handle it and spirals into drugs, alcohol and eventual suicide.

Like so many mousketeers.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

These are the types of people who commit suicide after they reach puberty and realize what they've been suckered into.

They commit suicide because of the outside judgement by others.

Or after the pandering is gone because he is no longer the cute novelty he has no idea on how to handle it and spirals into drugs, alcohol and eventual suicide.

Like so many mousketeers.

Which can happen and does to young athletes.

Performance art has a better chance of longevity.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I'm yet again reminded that old folks can't recognize sarcasm. That reminds me the inability to detect lies and sarcasm is a suspected early sign of dementia.

/s - sarc symbol

No emotion translates to the internet.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I don’t know about this child but I will say I really believe there are people that were born in the wrong body.

We all knew them growing up before it was “popular”. The thing is, it was rare and not celebrated. There is a lot of historical stuff about these kind of people all over the world and for the most part society accepted they were really born in the wrong body.

Now there are a lot of young people that are just doing it for attention. I think back to when I was growing up and there were goths.
This seems similar to me, the only problem is that some of these young folks are going to extreme measures and doing things that are not easily reversible.

have you seen the movie "little big man" w/dustin hoffman?

n the classic 1970 film “Little Big Man” starring Dustin Hoffman, Little Horse, portrayed by Native actor Robert Little Star, is a Two Spirit/trans character whom the Cheyenne in their language call a Hemaneh.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The real story behind Two Spirit people is that they were highly respected amongst most Native tribes until colonial beliefs and the values of so-called western civilization, brought from the other side of the world, made them an abomination. Hemaneh were essential to Cheyenne culture: the go-between persons for courtships, respected physicians and healers, hard workers who led by example, empathetic counselors known for nuanced and complex thinking, and carefully listened to, well-spoken leaders amongst the tribes.

so i guess we know trans go back at least that far.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join