It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noam Chomsky called insanity the suppression of the words of Lavrov in the United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: Ksihkehe

So, Chomsky is a chump. But, as the old saying goes, even a broken clock is right twice a day. The fact that Chomsky said this does not in any way invalidate the truth of it. What's being focused on here is not Chomsky's integrity or consistency, but censorship of dissenting voices in the US media.

A thread disgusting Chomsky's inconsistencies and lack of integrity might be called for. Want to start one? But whether you like Chomsky is not the issue here; you can think him a complete anal orifice and still agree with him on this issue. Personal attacks in regards to philosophical issues expose small minds.

Who is making personal attacks? Is Mr. Chomsky here in person? I am ridiculing a public figure, which he has long cultivated as his image, just as we do on this board daily for far less egregious violations of cultural norms than advocating for my family to be starved. He ate the propaganda and compromised his principles. He doesn't get to comment on censorship after COVID and be taken seriously. The suppression of Russian propaganda in the West is nothing compared to COVID.

I have made 0 comments about Russian sources. I have not attacked the OP. I have not complained about any of the Russian sources no matter how I felt about their veracity. I haven't even really criticized the Russian government because it's not my government and I feel it's not my place to do that when mine is so broken. It is not helpful to solving anything so I don't do it.

This was me being nice to OP. This is me, a long time customer, leaving a bad review instead of walking out the door and not coming back. He can now correct it or not, it's not my problem. I did the moral thing which was to try impressing upon somebody I like that they've made an error. Mr. Troll is plenty skilled with words and doesn't need this to make a point.

I very much doubt he has cared for when Russian traitors have been used as propaganda against Russia. I'm willing to bet it's already happened and Mr. Troll already made his opinion known. Do you wish to wager that he was fine with it or did the topic become the traitor in question?

I'll let you look for that if you wish, but I think you know the answer. If he wants to be treated better than the idiots he argues with he needs to actually be better than the idiots he's arguing with. I don't give passes because people agree with me. I don't do free passes for my team. That's what has allowed the US to become a banana republic under the influence of hostile foreign interests.

edit on 6/14/22 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Clearly he's talking about media that touts news and information that is in line with theRussian government's take on things from within Russia, not just anything with the "Russia" in it.

You see, IAMALLYETALLIAM, there's this little thing called CONTEXT. Merriam-Webster defines CONTEXT as follows:

the parts of a discourse that surround a word or passage and can throw light on its meaning

Maybe you should show a tiny bit of humility and admit that you need to work on your reading comprehension.

-Russia Today; government mouthpiece, based in Russia
-The Moscow Times; need I suggest where this is based?
-Pravda;

After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the oldest Soviet paper founded in 1912, Pravda, split into two different papers. Significant members of the main editorial staff (Viktor Afanasiev, Gennady Seleznev, Yuri Zhukov, Vera Tkachenko and Vadim Gorshenin) left Pravda to form the online news and opinion website Pravda.
the same Vadim Gorshenin mentioned in the quote owns it.
-Russia Insider;

Russia Insider is a news website that was launched in September 2014 by American expatriates living in Russia.[1] The website describes itself as providing an alternative to how Russia is portrayed in the Western media.[1][2][3] Other sources have described it as being "pro-Russian," "pro-Kremlin"]

-Meduza;

Timchenko told Forbes that the decision to base Meduza in Latvia was made since "right now, establishing an independent Russian language publishing house in Latvia is possible, while in Russia it is not".
ok, this one isn’t based in Russia for reasons described above and is not pro-Kremlin

So 4/5 of the sites I mentioned are based in Russia.

Get that dictionary of yours out and interrogate it for the meaning of the word ‘ignorance’ then search for ‘deny’.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riouz5

a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I Live in Sydney and most people i know,when asked, are we East or West , they response i hear is....

Nah Mate where Aussies......

Now yes we are classed as a western country , but only because of British Colonialism

We are not part of Western Europe..

We are South........ But your just being pedantic, as you know what the OP was meaning

Stay Safe

Riouz

Yes, we are considered a western country, because of British colonialism which gave us our current culture, political system and geopolitical allegiances so it’s inconsequential what people in Sydney allegedly say.

I live in country Victoria and am familiar with and understand how Australia, although in the south is perceived in the geo political landscape.

The OP made a statement about “All western countries”. I corrected him.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join