It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 killed and over 70 wounded in Memorial Day weekend mass shootings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I could care about gang members and other criminals shooting each other in cities like Chicago or LA calif.
To me, it's good clearing of bad trash.
I just hate the part where gun owners can not help taking out the trash.
edit on 1-6-2022 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Military studies have shown most new soldiers are afraid to kill their target, so they fire blindly. Typically only one ballistic out ten will find the target. It is why only one live bullet is given in a firing squad. That way they all aim for the heart and they can all tell themselves it wasn't them who fired the fatal shot.

a reply to: Thrumbo

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Elvicious1

It is why only one live bullet is given in a firing squad.
For the longest time, that's exactly what I thought also, but now I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Which it does make sense if you think about it. They all still have the option of believing they were the one with the blank, but also it ensures there will be a kill shot. If only 1 person had a live bullet, he might slightly miss the specific target location.

Sometimes, one or more soldiers of the firing squad may be issued a rifle containing a blank cartridge.[2][3] In such cases, soldiers of the firing squad are not told beforehand whether they are using live ammunition. This is believed to reinforce the sense of diffusion of responsibility among the firing squad members.

en.wikipedia.org...

The five executioners, certified police officers who remain anonymous, stood about 25 feet (7.6 meters) away and shot from behind a black curtain and through a brick wall cut with a gun port, or a special opening for the firearms. Of the five guns, one was loaded with a blank so that no one would be able to determine who fired the fatal shot.

www.livescience.com...

edit on 6/2/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Good point, thank you.

a reply to: BrokenCircles

<< 1   >>

join