It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attn Disaffected Catholics..Youre Pope Thoughts..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Okay fellow former/disaffected Catholics...John Paul is out..Im still not sure how to take it..I think hes done about the same amount of bad as good. Sure he helped bring down the Soviets but also helpes AIDS spread throughout Africa like wildfire by forbidding sex education..since good Catholics dont need sex education right? Thats just one example...Others being knowing damn well what was going on with the pedophile priests and seemingly not giving a damn...the celibacy rules for priests are asinine and backwards..

Text

If the Catholic church is to survive in America things have got to change and soon..Perhaps the Popes passing will finally bring the church out of the fifteenth century and into the twenty first..Id love to hear your thoughts on the man and the church pro and con...thank you...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't like the Catholic Church. I don't understand why the Pope is the head of that church and not God. And, I too, feel that priests should be allowed to marry and hope the next pope allows for it. Otherwise, I think priests should be castrated as part of the process of becoming a priest.

I think all the pedophilia cover ups are disgusting. I live in Massachusetts and our Cardinal Law was massively responsible for covering up a lot of priests pedolphilia problems and shuffling priests around to hide the problem and then when he was about to be ousted and or retire, the Pope gave him a job at the Vatican. Explain that one to me!!

I could spew about this for hours, but have to go. Probably the only thing that will come from the new Pope is a bunch of twaddle!!

Faith = Good
Religion = Bad

PEACE!!

join