It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are getting sick from drug-resistant mold found in their flower beds and compost bins

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
tamusan, no worries.

I was more of the attitude that because it is ubiquitous and encountered daily, that unless you were immune compromised, it was nothing to get too worried about, that it wasn't another pandemic or even MRSA.

However, I am concerned that a common fungus is a threat to people with low immunity and our use of fungicide is making it harder to cure if they get infected. It makes me take my own immune heath more seriously as any scratch or minor cut could become infected by a number of common microbes and require medical treatment even with normal immune health.

The primary issue in my mind is immune health, not so much that another microbe is resistant to the current treatments in extreme cases of infection. I believe that drug resistance is a given factor, it can't be avoided.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Mold related infections are hard to diagnose without targeted testing, most of the time this mold infects the sinuses and are treated for sinus bacterial infection, and this does not work.

People needs to be aware especially those that have recurring sinus infections.

I had a friend many years ago that ended up getting cancer due to one particular type of mold, he was treated for bacterial infections and never for mold, by the time it was found what he had he developed cancer he had to get surgery to remove the sinus, he survived and did well after the surgery and treatment but lost his sense of smell and taste for life.

<< 1   >>

join