It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to announce "one for the record books" Hubble discovery

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

Hahaha, just joshing with ya... that's such an easy mistake I often make it myself.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky
a reply to: gortex

How many of these headlines have we went thru ... How many of them are on the shelf collecting dust... Another mediocre announcement ... Nasa hasn't impressed me in decades . Just another plea for more funding and a reminder they aren't fully useless

I haven't been able to trust NASA images for a while.
How much other interesting stuff is NASA is hiding from the public?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is a cool announcement but I don't consider it "one for the record books." This news doesn't excite me.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
This is a cool announcement but I don't consider it "one for the record books." This news doesn't excite me.

It has broken the record for the most distant Star yet observed so how would it not be one for the record books ?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yeah, that's cool and all but they could've announced it without all of the hype and buildup for something big. I'm just not impressed. Another star........! Yay.....

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Pretty cool find from Hubble focused on what appeared as empty space for what six months? Aside from that a lone star when pretty much the only thing that could be lensed at that distance is only galaxy sized.

It would be pretty cool is if the first thing they did with Webb was point it at the exact same point in space for the exact same amount of time... you know as a test to know how to lense and point both in the proper places and distances for their individual technologies for their maximum usage and efficiency.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

are you crow666?

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This makes my brain hurt. It's hard to wrap ones brain around how far that actually is.

This newfound star, detected by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope, is so far away that its light has taken 12.9 billion years to reach Earth, appearing to us as it was when the universe was about 900 million years old, just 7% of its current age.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Its truly mind boggling.

It takes approximately 8.3minutes for light from the Sun to reach earth.
Light from Alpha Centauri - earths closest star system - takes 4,3 years.
Light from Sirius - the brightest star in our night sky - 9 years.
The farthest away star we can see with the naked eye is called V762 Cas. Light takes 16,308 years to reach Earth from there.

Light from this newly discovered star is nearly 785,000 times further away than that.

Will it ever be possible to 'see' light from the immediate after-effect of The Big Bang?
I'm sure I recall reading somewhere that the laws of physics as we currently understand them are not applicable immediately after The Big Bang?

That star is long extinct, and we could be descendants of people who used to live in that system!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join