It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Patriot batteries deployed to Poland amid Russia's war on Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
***Disclaimer this post is more about the American/NATO military response only***

Weird don't know if this makes it better or worse

No MIG-29s will be transferred "labeled as too high risk"

Patriot missiles deployed to Poland temporarily only, when they can they will be returned to Germany, much more info from this John Kirby Pentagon presser. Good question and answer for those that still appreciate the "theater". In particular, enjoying the foreign countries' questions.

If nothing else it's a better synopsis of America's involvement, seems we are definitely being extremely careful.

edit on 9-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Could not get your video to play. Did read up on this today.

Prudent move.

The only thing Putin has accomplished so far is strengthening the bonds between our allies and making NATO members realize how important NATO is. Oh, and he has accomplished to kill a lot of innocent people. Putin is weak, and he is realizing without nukes, he's nothing. Just another bully on the world stage.

And for what reason? Nazis? Who does he think he is, Indiana Jones?

a reply to: putnam6

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Could not get your video to play.

Here's the press briefing in-full:

edit on 932022 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Prudent move.

The only thing Putin has accomplished so far is strengthening the bonds between our allies and making NATO members realize how important NATO is. Oh, and he has accomplished to kill a lot of innocent people. Putin is weak, and he is realizing without nukes, he's nothing. Just another bully on the world stage.

I bet you won’t say that to his puffy face.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Could not get your video to play.

Here's the press briefing in-full:

thanks I updated my link too

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Prudent move.

They did this because they dismissed the transfer of the MIGs and needed to protect Poland somehow. Poland has stepped up big time no doubt both militarily and humanitarian.

The downside is every step in this direction just ratchets up the tension, as has been mentioned in the presser, so far no missile strikes west of Kyiv so it's military necessity is fairly dubious
edit on 9-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   
casualties high up Russian officer corps,
Maj. Gen. Andrei Sukhovetsky, commanding general of the Russian 7th Airborne Division, killed in Ukraine

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I am sure this is not going to make things escalate even further.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

casualties high up Russian officer corps

If you are looking at the Ukrainian twitter defense tweet they claim that Russia has over 12k deaths of their troops sorry but i dont believe that nonsense.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

And for what reason? Nazis?
didn't Russia already said a few times ago about them having their own red lines? Russia has their own red lines.

Putin is weak

Putin is weak, Russia economy is going to crumble i had been hearing those things since 2008.

Oh, and he has accomplished to kill a lot of innocent people

You believe whatever the media is now selling you on Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

casualties high up Russian officer corps

If you are looking at the Ukrainian twitter defense tweet they claim that Russia has over 12k deaths of their troops sorry but i dont believe that nonsense.

the tweet about the Maj Gen was from the Pentagon reporter for Fox News. If you got better sources of numbers you ought to post them

As for the number of casualties, of course, that's up for scrutiny but do really believe the Russians have no casualties I could easily see it being a third of 12,000, and it's probably closer to half which is still 500 a day burn rate, do the math that way to high of a loss rate.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Still shilling I see. Responding to an invasion is an escalation, everyone needs to surrender I guess.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I believe what actual Ukrainian post and say.

top topics

join