It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terri Schiavo has died (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Terri Shaivo has died. Her parents were denied access to her by her husband in her final minutes. She died Thursday morning around 10 a.m. EST after her parents had plead with her husband Michael Schiavo to allow them to be at their brain-damaged daughter's bedside in her final hours, a spokesman for the family said.

apnews.myway.com
Terri Schiavo, the severely brain-damaged woman whose final years tethered to a feeding tube sparked a bitter feud over her fate that divided a family and a nation, died Thursday, her husband's attorney said.

Schiavo, 41, died quietly in a Pinellas Park hospice 13 days after her feeding tube was removed despite extraordinary intervention by Florida lawmakers, Congress and President Bush - efforts that were rebuffed at every turn by the courts.

Her death was confirmed to The Associated Press by Michael Schiavo's attorney, George Felos, and announced to reporters outside her hospice by a family adviser.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Terri Schiavo Dies

Terri Schiavo died Thursday morning around 10 a.m. EST after her parents had plead with her husband Michael Schiavo to allow them to be at their brain-damaged daughter's bedside in her final hours, a spokesman for the family said.

Schiavo died heading into her 14th day without food and water amid what could be the final legal setback for her parents after the U.S. Supreme Court refused again to hear their plea to reinsert Schiavo's feeding tube.

[edit on 3-31-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thank God. But I do think Michael should have allowed the closest family to be there. I guess he was damned if he did, damned if he didn't because of the circus it could have caused.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I can't believe that her husband banned her parents from being there. They are her PARENTS, and it is so very apparent that their love for her is strong and real. I don't understand how that could be allowed to happen.
Very, very sad.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
well, she is in peace now. its sad to watch someone have their human rights taken away by them.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Maybe there was a soul agreement between terri and all involved pre-birth that led to this sad expose' of survival. If so I pray that her soul is released in love and light and that all involved have gained the needed spiritual lesson ........

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Have a very clear living will drawn up with explicit directives as to how you want to be treated in the event you can't speak for yourself.

I would never have wanted to live as Terri has the last 15 years.

Seems like there was nothing in this for Michael all these years...so maybe he did hang in because he wanted to ensure her wishes were carried out.

If she didn't want to be kept alive that way and her parents pursued this it was selfish on their part.

I guess we'll never really know for sure, but on balance I think I believe Michael.

They just commented on CNN that Terri received immaculate care for all these 15 years, not one bedsore on her body (very common occurrence in the bed-ridden). The excellent care she received all these years is probably why she lasted 14 days without sustenance or water.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
When I was in my twenties, of course, I had all the answers; at sixty, I do not.

The only thing I can think of is the story of the wealthy rancher who was a just and God-fearing man; yet, for no reason, God dealt him a poor Texas Hold 'Em hand indeed.

Rustlers killed off most of his cowboys and stole his herds, and, when his grown children had gathered at one of their houses for a square dance, a dust-storm arose, blew the house down, and killed them all.

The rancher's words of grief and acceptance were the first out of my mouth ten years ago when my sister called me up to tell me that my old dad had passed away:

"Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,"

"And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."

And that is all I can do: worship my God and ask for acceptance of stuff I can't understand...

...That, and ask for grace and peace for all the people involved.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
As anyone can attest to when having a loved one deal with a prolonged illness and wasting away. It is a great relief to say it is finally over. Hoppfully terry can finally find peace in heaven

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The husband can now live with himself. How dare he not allow her parents to spend her last hours with her.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Maybe he didn't trust the parents?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just for the record,
I think Michaels actions before her death proved that he was a liar, a bitter A$$hole, and just plain inhuman... (not allowing the parents to be there)

for him to speak as if he was still faithful to her, and still cared...is beyond all humanity... (she would have wanted them there, to say any else is ignorant)
he is a monster...
he killed her,... finally...
IMO after he tried many years ago and failed...

new topics

top topics

join