It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lib Dems predict 'best ever poll'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

The Lib Dems are set for their best results in both the general election and the local council polls, one of their frontbenchers has predicted.

Local government spokesman Ed Davey was speaking as the party launched its campaign for the local elections being held in 37 English council areas.

The flagship pledge is to replace council tax with a local income tax.

The Tories say the Lib Dems would make people pay more tax and Labour says the party's sums do not add up.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

To be honest, i think they will, but they won't win the race to No.10. I cannot see this party taking power just yet, even though the general election will be wide open this year.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
They will make slight gains due to anti-war feelings from Labour voters but they aren't a real party. Policy is popularist, members are out of touch and they political beliefs soft and fluffy.

I used soft and fluffy in the same sentence as political beliefs :lo:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
They will make slight gains due to anti-war feelings from Labour voters but they aren't a real party. Policy is popularist, members are out of touch and they political beliefs soft and fluffy.

well, i wouldnt say they not a real party, they have a chance of gaining second place but i cannot see them winning the election.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I rate the Lib-Dems to make gains ( a few at Labour's expense due to the Iraqi war as Wizard says) but mostly (because this is where they are in 2nd place the most) in tory seats.

The 'sport' come election night will be to see if the Lib-Dems are going to have much success at their attempts to 'decapitate' the tory party. Howard himself is very vulnerable as are several senior tories.

It should add some spice to an otherwise uneventful night.

(My bet is Labour to win by a majority of 130- 170, Lib-Dems up to around 70 and tories down to about the 130 - 140 mark.)

Anyone else got a prediction?

new topics

top topics

join