It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Editorial: Instead of hunting alledged terrorists, shouldn't we be hunting real terrorists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
For several years now, we've been hunting alleged terrorists in the middle east when we should really be after the known terrorists that exist right here in America. Who are these domestic terrorists, you may ask? Well, they look just like the rest of us. Some men, some women, some Caucasian, some Asian, some Black, some Hispanic, some Middle Eastern. They have members within every nationality and ethnicity. They have been responsible for countless deaths, investigated many times in conjuction with crimes such as murder, arson, bombings, etc. The worst part of it, is that they have non-profit status within the United States. We've all heard of them, yet most don't know much about them. Who are they? Pro-life extremists? No. Al Quaeda? No. Then who?

Animal rights extremist organizations, such as PETA (People fot the Ethical Treatment of Animals), ELF (Earth Liberation Front), ALF (Animal Liberation Front), and others are the worst of the domestic terrorists. ELF and ALF have already been labelled as terrorist organizations, and placed on the list of federally watched groups. However, the organization that spearheads all of these smaller groups, PETA, is still registered as a non-profit organization. PETA has admitted to support and funding of ELF and ALF. PETA has known arsonists, murderers, and other criminals on their payroll. Peta supports violent actions in the name of protecting animals.

"Arson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable crimes' when used for the animal cause."

- Alex Pacheco, Director, PETA

"I wish we all would get up and go into the labs and take the animals out or burn them down."

-Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA, National Animal Rights Convention '97, June 27, 1997

"If we really believe that animals have the same right to be free from pain and suffering at our hands, then, of course we’re going to be, as a movement, blowing things up and smashing windows … I think it’s a great way to bring about animal liberation … I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories, and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow. I think it's perfectly appropriate for people to take bricks and toss them through the windows ... Hallelujah to the people who are willing to do it."

- Bruce Friedrich, PETA’s vegan campaign coordinator, at the “Animal Rights 2001” conference

"Even if animal tests produced a cure for AIDS, we’d be against it."

- PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk, in the September 1989 issue of Vogue

"Our nonviolent tactics are not as effective. We ask nicely for years and get nothing. Someone makes a threat, and it works."

- Ingrid Newkirk, in the April 8, 2002 issue of US News & World Report

"I will be the last person to condemn ALF [the Animal Liberation Front]."

- Ingrid Newkirk, in the New York Daily News, December 7, 1997

Just a few quotes for starters. In addition to these quotes straight from PETA leaders themselves, PETA has appeared in the news many times being linked to several crimes. Following is a list of news stories regarding PETA sponsored terrorist acts.

From National Review

The Intelligence Report also reveals that known ELF and ALF activists are routinely invited to speak at the yearly Washington, D.C. animal-rights conference sponsored by PETA and the Humane Society of the United States. Further, the IR quotes PETA's Bruce Friedrich as stating:

If we really believe that animals have the same right to be free from pain and suffering at our hands, then of course we're going to be blowing things up and smashing windows. … I think it's a great way to bring animal liberation, considering the level of suffering, the atrocities. I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories, and banks that fund them, exploded tomorrow.

PETA should be roundly condemned for permitting one of its own to advocate violence and for associating with violent groups such as ALF. In this regard, it is worth pointing out that ALF has gone so far down the terrorist path that it posted a how-to-commit-arson manual on its website. Called "Arson Around With Auntie ALF," the tract promotes the use of incendiaries to destroy animal "abusing" facilities because "pound for pound" they "can do more damage than explosives against many types of targets." There is a downside, however, which ARL terrorists are advised to consider when deciding how to best carry out their planned attacks. During the "time lag" between the setting of the fire and "the destruction of the target," Arson Around warns, the "fire may be discovered and controlled or put out." Thus, even though it may do less damage, the upside of explosives is that "once detonated, [the explosion] has done its work."

From Sierra Times

WASHINGTON, -- As the frightening images of a massive August 2nd arson are seared into the minds of San Diego residents, many are left to wonder just who the Earth Liberation Front (ELF) is and who pays its bills. As law enforcement begins to look for answers, members of the public should know that the shadowy ELF enjoys financial backing from at least one tax-exempt, above-ground group -- the activists at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). A recent federal income tax return filed by PETA shows a $1,500 cash payment to the "North American Earth Liberation Front." And Rodney Coronado, a convicted arsonist who previously received $70,400 from PETA, was in San Diego on the day of the University City arson.

A simple google search on the words "PETA terrorist" reveals hundreds of articles regarding this so-called animal rights organization's illegal dealings.

My girlfriend, who works at NIH headquarters in Bethesda, MD as a researcher and trainer, oftem comes home with tales of the latest group of animal rights extremists that were arrested by the Federal police serving as security on the various campuses. In almost all cases, these protesters are attempting illegal entry to the campus, and many times are shouting in support of PETA, ELF, or ALF.

In addition to the various times that PETA has appeared in the news, they have also spawned many anti-PETA websites. I will post a couple links to them here.

www.peta-sucks.com...
wave.prohosting.com... (this second link is full of ads, so please have your popup blocker running before visiting)

Now, as I draw this post to a close, I feel that I should qualify myself by stating that I am in no way an animal hater. I have one dog and two cats, all of which are like children to me. I am against animal cruelty, though I am not a vegitarian. I do love animals, though, I also realize their importance in the survival of the human race (such as for food, and medical testing). I make this post because I do NOT support terrorism in the name of animal rights.

PETA is the true American terrorist, and needs to be stopped.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
For several years now, we've been hunting alleged terrorists in the middle east when we should really be after the known terrorists that exist right here in America. Who are these domestic terrorists, you may ask? Well, they look just like the rest of us. Some men, some women, some Caucasian, some Asian, some Black, some Hispanic, some Middle Eastern. They have members within every nationality and ethnicity. They have been responsible for countless deaths, investigated many times in conjuction with crimes such as murder, arson, bombings, etc. The worst part of it, is that they have non-profit status within the United States. We've all heard of them, yet most don't know much about them. Who are they? Pro-life extremists? No. Al Quaeda? No. Then who?

I'm an animal welfarist not an animal activist. There is a HUGE difference. I believe in the humane treatment of animals. Whether they are our pets, used in medical research, in a circus, or helping the the physically challenged, animals are an integral part of our lives. This does NOT mean however that they should be treated better than a human being. Animals deserve to be treated humanely. It is our duty as humans to make sure that animals that depend on us are not abused or neglected. They are our friends, our co-workers, and even our lively hood. I work with animals on a regular basis. I have to answer to multiple organizations that make sure that the animals are treated properly. This includes enrichment, pain alleviation, proper diets, and proper spacing in cages.

The key word here is RADICAL. PETA seeks “total animal liberation,” according to its president and co-founder, Ingrid Newkirk. That means no meat or dairy, of course; but it also means no aquariums, no circuses, no hunting or fishing, no fur or leather, and no medical research using animals. PETA is even opposed to the use of seeing-eye dogs.

PETA holds an animal's life to be more important than that of a humans. I am always on constant guard when leaving me job for fear of violent actions that could be taken against me for what I do for a living. ALF has assaulted people with baseball bats, car bombs, and even gone as far as catching research facilities on fire with people in them. They have also released infected animals into the public threatening thousands of lives in the process. Their reasoning is that the animals have the right to be free- forget the fact that innocent lives could be destroyed. Well what about the rights of the people who's lives are being threatened on a regular basis from these terrorist organizations? PETA funds organizations such as ALF and ELF in their hostile crusades and continues to go unpunished for thousands of crimes because of paper trails and not enough people speaking up against them. PETA has even targeted young children for their cause and are turning the youth of America against their own parents, by handing out extremely violent and graphic comic books depicting their mothers slaughtering innocent animals. How low is that?

Another Anti-PETA site which includes other animal activist threats

(too large quote)

[edit on 4-13-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The reason these domestic terror groups (which i agree with the cause, but not the means) are not targeted is they dont inhabit areas with vast mineral wealth... theres no financial reason to declare war on ones own people...

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
The reason these domestic terror groups (which i agree with the cause, but not the means) are not targeted is they dont inhabit areas with vast mineral wealth... theres no financial reason to declare war on ones own people...

On the contrary, by revoking PETA's non-profit status the government could obtain financial gain because the organization would have to pay taxes. Petition to revoke PETA's non-profit organization status It's not much, but it would be a hit to their piggy bank. A hit that may prevent one less terrorist act.

join