It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Media now required to report "truth"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

I'm sorry, I can't remember the link. It's somewhere in the archives here.

Btw... I don't think you're serious about this anyway for reasons you know very well...

Why won't I want the truth here?

"The national liberal “news” media are participating in a campaign of partisan viciousness not seen since the days of Ronald Reagan, tossing any pretense of objectivity aside, distorting the truth, and simply refusing to report real news that doesn’t fit their political agenda.

This must stop. It’s time to demand that the news media “Tell the Truth!”

www.mediaresearch.org...

"ABC, CBS and NBC Evening News Coverage Favors Those Who Would Stop Feeding Disabled Woman

Slanting the News Against
Terri Schiavo

A new Media Research Center study finds the three broadcast network evening newscasts have tilted their recent coverage of the Terri Schiavo case in ways that bolster her husband Michael’s arguments that the severely disabled woman is in an irreversible vegetative state and had clearly expressed a desire to die. But network reporters have attempted to debunk arguments made by her parents — namely that some doctors believe she could be helped and that Mrs. Schiavo, a Catholic, would not want her feeding tube disconnected."

www.mediaresearch.org...

Time for the lawsuites to begin...............

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Be careful what you ask for. Here in the U,S. a newspaper (or any media) can be sued for printing lies only if it can be proved they did so "maliciously", that is, they knew it was a lie and printed it anyway. Proving this, of course, is almost impossible. The newspaper is in possession of all the evidence of their own malice. The system was designed to protect newspapers at the expense of the reputations of ordinary men.

This is what ended dueling in the U.S. If a reporter lied about a Southern man, he might find himself challenged to a duel. After several were killed, or ran away in disgrace, the northern newspapers mounted a campaign to get dueling stopped. The death of Alexander Hamilton served as the catalyst.

British media may be sued for printing lies. However, the british media has found ways to circumvent the law. They create code-names for public figures; such as "Jack Straw" for Tony Blair, and then lie about Jack Straw all they like. It's almost impossible to prove connection to the code-name in a court of law.

A free press is a malicious, superficial, hobgoblin. It's often controlled by the type of people you would not walk across the street to spit on. But........the only thing worse is a state-controlled press.

<< 1   >>

join