It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Is Running Out of Water and That’s Scary for Asia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
a reply to: yuppa

If you have 440 reactors melting down at around the same time . Well it's over for the planet

The man made and natural viruses we keep in biological labs escapes at the same time we as humans are done . How is that not understandable?

If by any means the human race falls to a population # that we do not have the intelligence or man power to run said facilities. We are dead gone not even a memory . Why is thus something humans can't or won't comprehend?

What?

Just kick that can down the road. Let the kids deal with it. Not my problem.

Right.

I mean, am I right?

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
if I sound alarmist...

Much of China’s fresh water is concentrated in areas, such as Tibet, that the communist government seized by force after taking power in 1949. For years, China has tried to solve its resource challenges by coercing and impoverishing its neighbors.

By building a series of giant dams on the Mekong River, Beijing has triggered recurring droughts and devastating floods in Southeast Asian countries such as Thailand and Laos that depend on that waterway. The diversion of rivers in Xinjiang has had devastating downstream effects in Central Asia.

A growing source of tension in the Himalayas is China’s plan to dam key waters before they reach India, leaving that country (and Bangladesh) the losers. As the Indian strategic analyst Brahma Chellaney puts it, “China’s territorial aggrandizement in the South China Sea and the Himalayas … has been accompanied by stealthier efforts to appropriate water resources in transnational river basins.”

forgive me for stating the obvious but water, like food (and, increasingly, fossil fuel) is a necessity, not a luxury. even the most immoral and corrupt governments realize they have to ensure their people have access to such.

You may remember something about Mao's great leap forward? Communism doesn't care about feeding and has happily caused starvation in the past (you can read on the specifics, but it was absolutely self-created). It only cares about maintaining control. It is no different today and no different anywhere it is implemented as far as the end game -- maintaining power for the few. In fact, for a recent case, it was reported by those in/nearby Wuhan that many thousands were starved in their apartments for fear of losing control of the rona.
edit on 2-1-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Do you have any figures on how many people have died from lack of water?
Or is this just an anti-China rant?

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

They got PLENTY of Money . Let them Build More Desalination Plants .

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

China Is Running Out of Water and That’s Scary for Asia

Sounds like a precursor for war. I call India getting invaded first.

How does one run out of water, when it's "Cyclical"? And the 3 Gouges Dam?

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

... forgive me for stating the obvious but water, like food (and, increasingly, fossil fuel) is a necessity, not a luxury. even the most immoral and corrupt governments realize they have to ensure their people have access to such.

One can survive without fossil fuel.

at an individual level, sure, but societally we need fossil fuels.
how many people are going to be able to go into the hills and hunt rabbits and keep warm with firewood? not many, not for long.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   

If you have 440 reactors melting down at around the same time . Well it's over for the planet

The man made and natural viruses we keep in biological labs escapes at the same time we as humans are done . How is that not understandable?

If by any means the human race falls to a population # that we do not have the intelligence or man power to run said facilities. We are dead gone not even a memory . Why is thus something humans can't or won't comprehend?

No,Most probably will not go boom.
Here's why:

Nuclear power plants will be unlikely to go into a meltdown scenario in the event of operators' absence. After several days, most will shut themselves down if they have not received maintenance. However it is plausible that a lack of operators combined with some hitherto undiagnosed problem with the cooling cycle or systems could begin a series of events that lead to a meltdown.

Nuclear power plants are already some of the most failure-redundant systems we have. Such events as mass strikes, earthquakes, power surges are all planned for as a matter of course. A properly-designed nuclear plant would be much less likely to explode without human contact than some other things in cities such as

Gas works
Coal/Gas power plants
Sewage treatment centers
Oil refineries
Even if there is a runaway heating without humans present, there are several redundant cooling systems that can replace each other. Computers can dump the control rods if a large meltdown starts to occur, and even if the core burns though the container, it will be caught in a 'core-catcher'—a structure designed to stop radiation from escaping in the event of an accident.

However, in the unlikely case that damage does occur, what can we expect? Well. A nuclear reactor will not go off like an atomic bomb, because the fuel is not in a pressure container. The most likely scenario is that a runaway reaction would cause the fuel to melt through the bottom of its container like a thermite charge, and drop onto the floor slowly sizzling away down into the concrete below. large fires would be set in the immediate vicinity by the intense heat, and localised explosions would throw radioactive debris around, which could be moved several hundred kilometers by the winds to affect a long but thin area with radioactivity. However, this would mostly be unnoticeable apart from in the nearest few km.

Source(s)
Book: The world without us ISBN-10: 0753513579
en.wikipedia.org...

The above was from the following link for anyone wanting to read further.
Science forum

edit on 22000000pppm by yuppa because: added info

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   

thanks yuppa
always good to have some real science in the discussion.

I don't know if China has any significant nuclear power going on

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   

thanks yuppa
always good to have some real science in the discussion.

I don't know if China has any significant nuclear power going on

INo problem. I found that explanation on a science forum. ill send the link to you.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You are set In your ideas and theories . I do appreciate your intellectual input .

These systems we talk about are not redundant and we will all die down to the rats if there are no humans in control of the facilities we speak of . No way around it . FACT
edit on 2-1-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You are set In your ideas and theories . I do appreciate your intellectual input .

These systems we talk about are not redundant and we will all die down to the rats if there are no humans in control of the facilities we speak of . No way around it . FACT

Science says the majority of them will go cold,regardless of your opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have a nuke plant 3 miles away and lots of friends that work there. 30 Days of no control inputs the backup generators will run out of fuel and the cooling pumps will shut down and KABOOM!!!

Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   
China is damming the upper part of the Mekong river

VietNam farmers are watching the water level lower, which allows salt water to inflow, making the land unusable for agriculture.

The balance of river and sea is shifting dramatically. Past and present droughts in the delta have devastated food supplies and added to the rancorous debate on China’s upstream “run-of-the-river” geopolitical paradigm. The dams are preventing not only the floodwaters from reaching Vietnam’s lower Mekong Delta but also the flow of sediment that nourishes the soil and provides food for fish.

asiatimes.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 01:02 AM
link   

So many dam in that river , China / CCP lack wisdom with the water projects.

Different river , but controlled by CCP

Yangtze River drought linked to government actions, not just lack of rain: expert

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Best thing for china to do is kill off its excess population.How? by sending them to a unwinnable war,or invade africa and take over that country.

China will be 600k by 2050 doing nothing. They are not making babies anymore so they will have an old population with nothing replacing it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join