It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love the United States of America, but is it becoming like North Korea with it's view of itself?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I am thankful for the details, actually very interesting to see that we are not even on the top 10 freest nations, the land of the free... But yeah, all of the good in my post was basically sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I was nodding along, til the "freedom list".

There is no way in hell with it under CCP governance, that Hong Kong actually belongs on that list anymore. Go look up the Stand News raid, among other crap since being handed back to China.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If I'm not mistaken, that could be true until about 5 or so years ago. Maybe the data is not as fresh.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I agree with you , that the US is becoming more authoritarian by the day.
But I don't think that the food/water and medical care here is the best of the world.

Many additives to food here are banned in Europe.
You can drink tap water straight from the tap in Europe without filtering , and it tastes great , while filtering is definitely needed in the US or it tastes like pool water.
Medical care is subpar at best here . Doesn't matter if you're self-pay or insured. They don't keep individual needs/concerns in mind and it's all about the big bill in the end , it feels soulless/cold here .

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
No, America is NOT becoming like North Korea.

If you believe that, you don't really know much about North Korea.

Everything you stand for is getting is one step closer to North Korea everyday. I’ve been reading your posts . That’s what you’re wanting by the way you talk .Most of us in here stand for freedom. So should you

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaneThinking
I hate Michael Moore but please watch “Where too invade next” and inform yourself. Because you’ve been indoctrinated by that best education system (common core 2+2=5) to believe a whole bunch of BS about your Sh1thole country.

Honestly your country is best at terrorism, stealing resources, keeping other nations down, color revolutions, installing puppet dictators, and destroying democracy in its own land.

The things above you mentioned maybe remove rose coloured glasses and see Amerika for what it really is.

A nation run on war and fuking others up for profit.

And you’re from where ? We just need to very country to switch to nationalism . Globalism is for one world government and no freedom for us . Globalism will the best the worst form of communism ever . The leaders , will like kings . That’s not what I want and I swear to Christ I’ll be dead before I see that

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I'm 42 and my life hasn't changed. I have all of the freedoms that I was born with.

North Korea actually executed people who were covid positive, and no one is allowed in or out of the country. I went on 2 vacations to other countries this year.

What are you on about?

Your life hasn’t changed ?????? Are you kidding me ???? It changed for the rest of the world but not lord

Yeah you don’t go on bitchute . You’re too busy carrying water for cnn . Honestly sir you are the most partisan person on here . Nancy Pelosi is closer than I center then you are . Nancy pelosi . But yeah we totally respect your opinion . Anyone who needs
To call themselves lord has a few problems
edit on 29-12-2021 by Thenail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

From Canada the land of complacent retards, willful ignorance, and increasing Communism.

We are like other fives eyes nations, getting the same treatment from those who pull the strings.

That said

CANADA > UNITED STATES OF AMERIKA

Not by much but in many of the categories above, as per statistical info provided.

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I'm 42 and my life hasn't changed. I have all of the freedoms that I was born with.

North Korea actually executed people who were covid positive, and no one is allowed in or out of the country. I went on 2 vacations to other countries this year.

What are you on about?

You've been stripped of rights big and small every single year since you were born...you're just unaware or don't value them.

Snowden exposed your right to privacy was permanently dismantled and your government acted illegally for YEARS, then passed a bull# exception to the rule that was supposed to be temporary but is now expanded, but who cares that's only the core component of freedom that's vanished in on your watch as an adult. It's one thing not to fight against it, it's another to support the enemy of our way of life in America. Freedom is an inalienable right for us, not a privilege some would like to make it.

Government is in the business of acquiring power and control, it's the citizens responsibility to keep that in check, which the media USED to help us with by exposing government abuses. The media is now complicit and actively helping to dumb down our population, but your responsibility as a citizen has not changed.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

I've seen my liberties stripped away since before I could vote. The state things are in now are horrible. I feel like the Patriot Act is where it really accelerated, like they tested the water with it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join