It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Led Zeppelin predict Alexa?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
They made a limited number of the "object" with the album release. I would like to have one they are worth some cash. Zeppelin was genius at marketing. with In Through the Outdoor they had a paperbag cover and several different inner sleeves. Folks would try and get every album with different inner sleeves for the collection.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Then being an old Yes fan there is Roger Dean:

m.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GuitaristRob

What, like this Object?

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I met Storm Thorgeson some nine, ten years ago. He had a real something about him - he knew and loved what he had achieved but wore it modestly. We were both sitting down so it wasn't apparent he was ill.

A very special guy, sadly gone now.
edit on 13-12-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I was 15 and yeah I didn't get the artwork at all, and my little metalhead brain couldn't relate. Haven't thought about that record in many moons, maybe I'll have to pull it out tonight.

Off-topic: At the time, Hipgnosis were the kings of album cover art. They were everywhere, and most of the artwork was incredible. Here's a link to all 160 album covers they did. I was surprised by just how many I own.
And that's why I included Hipgnosis into the OP in a quote.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

What, like this Object?

This video just parlays my point even futher, why make 1000 of these, well they made them way after the album, but why?

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Locutis1704
They made a limited number of the "object" with the album release. I would like to have one they are worth some cash. Zeppelin was genius at marketing. with In Through the Outdoor they had a paperbag cover and several different inner sleeves. Folks would try and get every album with different inner sleeves for the collection.
Yea I remember that whole paper bag thing, I had all four too. I also remember the band Foreigner doing something very similar also.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   

While the answer is most likely the Monolith (and hinted at as such) looking at those pictures of something that looks very much like an old vase (originally a set of two) we used to have (it was not full of stars though it often had a flower in it) I would say that was a semi satirical take on how family's used to gather around the TV and if you think about the Monolith that kind of was as well.

That said I like the Alexa take on it.

Art sometimes mirrors life and at other times life mirrors art, there may be something to it though perhaps the designers of the Alexa were also Led Zep fan's.

In fact more than likely.

A Legendary band.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

My muddled brain is telling me that somewhere, in a doc, these images were originally intended for Pink Floyd. They were recycled for Zeppelin. I can't find any documented proof but I'm 99% sure I'm right on this one.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

My muddled brain is telling me that somewhere, in a doc, these images were originally intended for Pink Floyd. They were recycled for Zeppelin. I can't find any documented proof but I'm 99% sure I'm right on this one.
Yea i see what you mean by the twisted prism too, but nope.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Not Floyd, Genesis. Doesn't matter, you have still gone off the deep end.

<< 1   >>

join