It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you learned from the Terri Schiavo case?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
We have all seen the same images since days now, Terri's mother fixing her pillow, over and over again. Terri smiling, seeming to look around, in her wheelchair......
This has been tragic for both sides, the parents and her husband, (insert sarcasm for husband)...no living will, only on heresay of her husband who has made another life for himself and has two childeren now...and broke his vows by their religious beliefs so her parents should have a say.
I learned that if it was me in that situation in a PVS state, I would not want my entre being shown repeatledly over and over again to the world, it is very degrading to Terri and for the media to keep showing her laying in her bed, her nightgown half covering her every ten minutes is wrong, she would not want that I don't think if she could talk.
I have learned to tell my husband what I would want ...in writing.....so something like this never happens to one of us.
One thing I would suggest, that may help. is......when you get you driver's license there is a question about being a donor, so.......why not have a question about if you were critically injured,or, braindead, would you want to be put on life support....or.not....so that this is avoided
..This is a sad tragic , personal event that has been made public, and I hope everyone will tell their personal wishes to their spouses or parents, so it is not aired out on live television for the world to see..

ps..please pray for Terri

[edit on 27-3-2005 by angeleyes101]

join