It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am getting sick, could it be withdraw?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I am serious about this, I have not smoked marijuana for about a week and got some laryngitits and cold symptoms; the wierd thing is everytime I stop smoking pot about a week or so into it I always get sick. Always I have started smoking again and always I get better within a day. I really dont want to smoke because I would like to pass a drug test in 2 weeks but if I dont feel better in the next day or so I am going to be reaching for the bong.

What is wrong with me, is it just psychological? or have I become dependent on the stuff? I will see the doctor monday is I am still ill and will bring this up.

If only I could go to the store and get a few ounces at a reasonable price so I can make a nice batch of brownies everything would be alright.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If you want to get better, you should get off of the stuff, Permantley. Are you even considering this? Drugs arn't good for you. This is really real. So please stop. And just try to relax. Find something else that gets your intrest.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
J get help.

Smoking is a hard habit to stop. So good luck to better health.

Seeing your doctor is a good start and to get you off weed, think about this,

the high is for a moment,

but life is forever!

ie there are other things that you can pass time by.-lol

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Congratulations on quitting. Marijuana as you probably know can cloud the mind and destroy good health. Try to push through the sick feeling, your life is worth it.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hang in tight. Dont smoke again, its not good for you.

Keep busy and good luck!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My guess would be psychosomatic, induced by the mind, a trick, an illusion.

Marijuana is psychologically addictive (NOT physically addictive), the brain gets used to operating with cannabanoid receptors full, and it organizes its pathways appropriately. The down side is, when you stop smoking, those new pathways are no longer efficient, and in many cases simply don't work (think of full receptors as fuse plugs).

The illness is most likely psychosomatic, or possibly coincidental.

I've done a lot of 'interviews' with smokers, asking them what happens when they stop smoking. Most reply the same way, they get irritable, fuzzy brained, and have cravings for a couple of days or a week. After that everything should return to normal.

There is absolutely no evidence that marijuana is physically addictive, at least not that I've seen. Laboratory rats were not sufficiently motivated by THC withdrawal to go psychotic, as most did when deprived of opiates, synthetic speed, processed coc aine, and many other commonly available chemicals like caffeine and nicotine.

Marijuana is also a homeopathic remedy for many disorders (the effect is largely placebo, but no less effective), and you may in fact have been sick the whole time (as in unable to expel or conquer the cold). Marijuana does increase lung activity (especially hitting that bong!) so there should be an increased amount of coughing, and resultant expectoration.

In my opinion, it's not the weed. I can't figure out how it would get you sick after it stopped entering your system.

I think it's your mind trying to get you to pick up the bong again. Listen to it, or don't, as you will. Just remember you're in control.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Get help for smoking pot, reminds of the scene in Half Baked when Thurgood tries to go to a meeting to get him to stop. I am the only one who can help myself.

Like I said the wierd thing is this has happened everytime in the past 4 years when I decided to quit. Also when I was smoking heavily I could not eat until I smoked, I needed it to stimulate my appetite.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Nonsence, just find the motivation to stop. There have been many other people who have. I don't think that you want to stop. THis is the first step.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
My guess would be psychosomatic, induced by the mind, a trick, an illusion.

Marijuana is psychologically addictive (NOT physically addictive), the brain gets used to operating with cannabanoid receptors full, and it organizes its pathways appropriately. The down side is, when you stop smoking, those new pathways are no longer efficient, and in many cases simply don't work (think of full receptors as fuse plugs).

The illness is most likely psychosomatic, or possibly coincidental.

I've done a lot of 'interviews' with smokers, asking them what happens when they stop smoking. Most reply the same way, they get irritable, fuzzy brained, and have cravings for a couple of days or a week. After that everything should return to normal.

There is absolutely no evidence that marijuana is physically addictive, at least not that I've seen. Laboratory rats were not sufficiently motivated by THC withdrawal to go psychotic, as most did when deprived of opiates, synthetic speed, processed coc aine, and many other commonly available chemicals like caffeine and nicotine.

That's a good post Wyrde, and I'm sure it's true... but one must take into account when THC leaves the body. It's not like heroin or coc aine rushing out in 24 to 48 hours. It's in your fat a loooong time, and some people find they can "quit" pot just fine but a couple weeks or even months later can't figure out what's happening. I've heard it called "stripping" when the fat cells finally give up the feel good it's been hanging on to. That's your danger time for relapse. Whether that's a psychological trigger from a physical process or an actual physical addiction I don't know. But I know they like to say there's no physical addiction.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sure, go get help from a doctor. They can probably perscribe some nice chemically processed non-natural drug that will make you forget all about that nasty weed habit.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Intresting, Bodies are different, what is your body fat ratio?

I travel alot, and can be gone for three weeks at a time. I am to afraid to try to carry because its a FED case, so I never smoke when I am gone. I have maybe at the most 8% body fat. I Never, never have any kind of withdraw.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
THC is NOT physically addictive...either you are just sick by coincidence, or you have some kind of mental problem to where you think that not smoking is the reason for feeling bad. Pot can be good if used with care, but you also need to have motivation to do fun things and just live life without smoking all the time. It is just something in your head...you enjoy life better being stoned. I would recommend cutting down on the smoking, maybe just smoke once on the weekend at the most, that way it is more of a reward for yourself, or relieving stress at the end of the week, rather than something you are doing all the time in order to help you get through the week...you should be able to do that on your own. Any withdrawal is completely mental.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Dude you dont have to stop smoking to take the piss test. Just take 500mg of Niocin 1-2 days before you go pee in the cup and you should be fine. I did that when I was on probation and it worked for me. Remember to take a cold shower when you start to burn and dont scratch your skin to much. The effects of Niocin last for about 30 to 45 minutes.But you should consult your Doctor before taking the Niocin. If that doesnt work you gotta drink about 2 gallons of tea to flush out your system. I forgot the name of the tea but you can check in any stoner mag and you will find something in there to help you pass the test.

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Killak420]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Uh, that stuff isn't to "pass a test" actually, it's a natural cleansing agent people use for personal health reasons. Yeah, that's it. Don't go there please.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Niacin is just vitamin B...it doesn't do anything to help you pass a test, other than adding color to your urine. So if you are drinking lots of water to dillute your urine, you can take niacin to add color so your sample won't be rejected. But it doesn't do anything to get it out of your system...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Be thankful that you are just getting off of marijuana. Maybe you feel sick, but just imagine what heroin addicts go through, I've seen what a person has gone through, and I can bet all of my money that you aren't feeling a fraction of what they feel.

be thankful

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Note, there is a LEGAL substitute (well, legal in most states), called K2 (usually Black Mamba)...not sure if that shows on tests or not, so may want to look into that. Haven't tried it myself, though friends have, and so far, the reports are good.

(In younger days, the stuff never really worked for me the couple of times I tried it, (real marijuana), so didn't really see the point)....

Of course, the real question is...what are your eating/exercise habits. Maybe that is the source of the illness?

new topics

top topics

join