It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groundswell Part 2 : Acting on Internal Climate Migration report was released by the World Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The World Bank released a sequel to their Groundswell report. Combined with the previous one, it says that 216 million people could be forced to migrate to somewhere else by 2050. They modeled the impact of declining crop productivity, water scarcity and rising sea levels, for six regions, They said that "migration hotspots" could begin to develop by 2030. Supporting green, inclusive and resilient development and reducing global emissions could significantly reduce the need for climate migration according to the reports. It sounds like it'll take all of the nations of the world immediately acting to prevent further climate change and I don't see that happening.

I mainly just posted these in case someone wants to read the reports. I came across Part 2 in todays hunt for reading material and had read Part 1 when it was new. Our move to the Oregon coast could be considered climate migration. We were looking for a place that was not too hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter.

Groundswell Part 2: Acting on Internal Climate Migration
Groundswell Part1: Preparing for Internal Climate Migration

edit on 14 9 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Hmm..... Climate Change will be used as an Excuse to Manipulate the Elimination of the Masses in some Countries in order to Justify their Predictions IMO .......

edit on 14-9-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You may be right that they will use it as an excuse for population reduction. But even if they don't intentionally eliminate people, many will starve to death if the report is right.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You may be right that they will use it as an excuse for population reduction. But even if they don't intentionally eliminate people, many will starve to death if the report is right.

Either Way , they get Their Agenda Fulfilled...............(

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So, just so we're clear. The "data" that's been used for the "modelling" is from 1990-2000 & 2000-2010. 20 years, that's it, and it's being used to project out to 2050.

Importantly, the "model" does not focus on individual reasons for migration ........ ffs. So if people move around for economic reasons or getting the sh!t bombed out of them reasons ........ it's actually because of climate change, right.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

So, just so we're clear. The "data" that's been used for the "modelling" is from 1990-2000 & 2000-2010. 20 years, that's it, and it's being used to project out to 2050.

Importantly, the "model" does not focus on individual reasons for migration ........ ffs. So if people move around for economic reasons or getting the sh!t bombed out of them reasons ........ it's actually because of climate change, right.

You are Leaving out Starvation , the Greatest Motivator in Deciding Population Migrations .
edit on 14-9-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
it's actually because of climate change, right.

everything that happens is because of climate change. Hurricanes? they used to be nature, now, cliamte change. Fires? same deal. Drought? Flood? Rough winter? mild winter? It's all climate change.

And Miami is a few feet underwater now. At least that was the prediction. Not anything to do with buildings sinking, but wait for it......climate change.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell
I'd try to debate you, but I am in the "I probably won't be here in 2050, so I really don't care" crowd.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
I'd try to debate you, but I am in the "I probably won't be here in 2050, so I really don't care" crowd.

I'm not sure how much debating there is, seeing as it's all written in the report. Page XX

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It might as well read:

We, "your betters at the world bank" invented a forecasting model with 20 years of data on migrations of people for any reason at all while reporting it was all due to climate change.

BT dubs here is what we made up for 2050 and we blame it all on the environment, but we gave our model the name gravity so it will sound authoritative.

Computers said it! Look we have graphs and charts! See here? Listen to us! This is dire 230 million people will migrate in our imaginary 2050 due to climate change.

Don't worry we have a plan.

Just submit to us already!

top topics

join