It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you being targeted for euthanasia? (nothing to do with Terri Schiavo)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

By Mary Therese Helmueller, R.N.

In 1984, while working as charge nurse in the intensive care unit, a 20-year-old man asked, “Can you give my mother enough morphine to let her sleep away?” I was horrified. “I can not kill your mother,” I responded. That was only the beginning. Recently, an 80-year-old was admitted to the emergency room and the physician said, “LET’S DEHYDRATE HER”; one more patient was sentenced to die in hospice with NO TERMINAL DIAGNOSIS and once again, THE LIVING WILL determined the death of a 70-year-old man regardless of how he pleaded to live. I can no longer remain silent.

Your life may be in danger if you are admitted to a hospital, especially if you are over 65 or have a chronic illness or a disability. The elderly are frequently dying three days after being admitted to the hospital. Some attribute it to “old age syndrome” while others admit that overdosing is all too common. Euthanasia is not legal but it is being practiced. Last year the New England Journal of Medicine reported that 1 in 5 critical care nurses admit to having hastened the death of the terminally ill! I believe the percentage is much higher. I have worked with nurses who even admit to overdosing their parents. No one knows the exact euthanasia rate in the United States, however Dr. Dolan from the University of Minnesota states that 40 percent of all reported deaths is probably a conservative estimation. If this is true then the United States is executing euthanasia at a higher percentage rate than the Netherlands where it is also illegal but widely practiced.

Visit the following link for the rest of the article.

www.catholic.net...

[edit on 25-3-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I can not said that what you have in there is the truth because my grandfather die 3 years ago at the ripe age of 104 and he was diagnosed with prostate Cancer when he was in his 80s, he didn't wanted to have any surgeries because he believed that he came "whole" and wanted to leave "whole".

For almost 20 years he was in an out of hospitals, and at last the doctor said that it was nothing the hospital could do for him because his advance age, my grandfather didn't want to die either.

He was allowed to go home and die on his own under a lot of pain because he didn't wanted to be sedated and fall asleep.

For days he make somebody to stay with him 24 hours a day he was aware and very vocal in his pain.

Finally my father and the rest of the family got together and told him that it was time to end the suffering and he needed to let go.

After a day of prayer in his room, he passed away after falling asleep.

Nobody killed him and the hospital didn't have nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
LINK, EDIT, DO NOT COPY/PASTE, DO NOT SPAM!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have heard this 'rumor' before from other medical personel, creepy stuff. I don't have a bit of trouble believing it, the AMA is of the same color as any other consolidated coporation. The same kind of folks smile while they tell you that Flouride is good for you, the same folks approved the use of Aspartame, so no, sadly this isn't beyond the realm of possibility. MattMarriott, if you have proof of this, I'd reccomend a massive press release and plane ticket to a non-extradition country.

top topics

join