It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is america in trouble?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
hi there. I had a dream some time back, and it has me very concerned. I was wondering if any of you can give helpful advise that would help out alot. I never get my dreams till after it happens. And I have a huge feeling this one has not happened yet if it is going to.

Ok, a while back before the Iraq war was called, I had a dream that took place in America. There were no men in the dream. only officers patrolling the streets. With shot guns in their arms. they were the only men in the dream. Anyway, women were sitting in in the streets holding their babies. their older children, (between 3 and 5 years old) stood next to their mothers. And all the buildings were iin rubble. Well the point is I saw america as a third world country. Do you think it can be something bad is going to happen to america? What I saw was the war in Iraq?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Ok not a dream doctor or expert but maybe with this reply it may clarify your dream or twist your mind a little further.

Ok dreams aren't always straight forward. This could of been in the form of a code to put it easy. One has to translate dreams sometimes.

Maybe the code was showing you Officers patrolling the coming of the Police State in America. Woman in the streets holding babies could be a reference to the bad social state that the poor are in. The rubbled buildings are that houses are gone to ruin nodoy is taking care of them because of the new FEMA camps that people are now living in.

Or it could be that America will be attacked. I don't know as I say not an expert.

DISCLAIMER*By saying that America will be attacked does in no way mean that I will or am part of any organisation in aiding, planning any attack to the United States of America. I'm just replying to a post.

Violence is not needed as Love is the only truth

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
it could beone of those. Or it could be something else. I hate my dreams. They never make sense till after it happens. I hate them. Usually they are scary, but after it happens it's not so scary. ! dream I did have was scary before and after though.
I am hoping there are no attacks on America. And that this is just a non sense dream. But I can't stop thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
On the surface of the question, I would say yes. I simply deplore the current state of things, and the willingness of so many of my fellow Americans to so easily believe in lies, slander, and their own fanciful, but false concepts. The truth is out there, it's just that very few want to hear it, or deal with it, and that's sad.

As far as being a third world nation, or LDC, anything is possible over a long enough period of time. Right after WWII, Japan was a nation in ruins. Look at it today. Many current LDCs weren't always LDCs. European imperialism destroyed many of them. I would argue that when the Great Depression hit, we were an LDC. If something on that scale were to happen again, we most certainly would descend into becoming a LDC. Some economists think we're due for another one.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDog
Ok not a dream doctor or expert but maybe with this reply it may clarify your dream or twist your mind a little further.

Ok dreams aren't always straight forward. This could of been in the form of a code to put it easy. One has to translate dreams sometimes.

Maybe the code was showing you Officers patrolling the coming of the Police State in America. Woman in the streets holding babies could be a reference to the bad social state that the poor are in. The rubbled buildings are that houses are gone to ruin nodoy is taking care of them because of the new FEMA camps that people are now living in.

Or it could be that America will be attacked. I don't know as I say not an expert.

DISCLAIMER*By saying that America will be attacked does in no way mean that I will or am part of any organisation in aiding, planning any attack to the United States of America. I'm just replying to a post.

Violence is not needed as Love is the only truth
Hmm, now that I think about it, some inner city neighborhoods are as impoverished as any LDC.

I've been to the Philippines, and the state of poverty was worse than anything I could have ever imagined, worse than anything I've seen here, anywhere. I think most Americans would be shocked to see such poverty. It's left an indelible mark on my memory.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Yeah poverty sucks and it opens your eyes when you see it places where you couldn't even imagine to live. I saw it in a country torn by war. Living underground and going to their neighbours through tunnels for fearing of leaving the house because of being arrested or worse..........shot.
Children running after your vehicle begging for food because they have none.
Women selling their bodies to you so they can get some food for their screaming little baby who is with her when she is selling her body.

This was poverty. The worst I'd ever come across in my life. I thought I was poor when at the end of the month when I couldn't afford to buy a pack of smokes.

It certainly made me look at things in a different way. I gotta to thinking of who gains. Where there is a negative for some people there has to be a positive for some ther people. THEY LOSE, SO WHO GAINS?

In America the social standards are going to pot. More homeless people, more crime, more people in prison. There are slump areas in the inner cities which are reminicent of the war torn days in Bosnia.

So people are losing out, So who is GAINING. The worse the problem the bigger the gain. Equal forces of positive energy and negative.

Not only who but why. What makes these people want absolute power when we can live in peace and have no wars. We can help famined and impoverished countries and cities and rebuild them to have a decent standard of living.

Lets hope that the dream you had doesn't come true.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Well all of those who replyed before me made valid points, poverty sucks, and American could be in danger of another attack. But maybe this dream means something totally different, I am not a dream doctor either by the way, but maybe this is some sort of warning that has something to do with the state of your life, I've read in many different books that dreams are subconscious thoughts that are hidden in the deepest parts of the brain accessible only during sleep, so maybe you should ask yourself if everything is okay with you. If everything is dandy, we may be in trouble.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Here is my dream. I, too, want to be better than oxygen. I want to be stronger than bombs, because I still believe in hope. I want to see through the lies of society, to see reality. To me, giving is worth more than receiving. To know that the future still has hope, gets me to sleep at night.

PS I'm not Willy Mason, I'm just a huge fan.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
All your replies are great. But I think SuperCheetas is the best one that fits the dream. I don't want to see america go down that much. I been seeing it going down most of my life, But I love america and the fellow Americans. born and raised one.

MrDog
As to their being problems in my life there are a few but nothing major. As a matter of fact, I am almost problem free. Well I still hope America's not going down as I saw it.

Here's my next question: Has anyone else had dreams similiar to this?

Btw, thanks for the replies. They have helped out alot. Especially yours SuperCheeta. I been seeing for a long time america will fall big time one of these days. The ways things are going, it looks like it's not to far away. I hope it don't happen anytime soon though.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by desikoukla
All your replies are great. But I think SuperCheetas is the best one that fits the dream. I don't want to see america go down that much. I been seeing it going down most of my life, But I love america and the fellow Americans. born and raised one.

MrDog
As to their being problems in my life there are a few but nothing major. As a matter of fact, I am almost problem free. Well I still hope America's not going down as I saw it.

Here's my next question: Has anyone else had dreams similiar to this?

Btw, thanks for the replies. They have helped out alot. Especially yours SuperCheeta. I been seeing for a long time america will fall big time one of these days. The ways things are going, it looks like it's not to far away. I hope it don't happen anytime soon though.

Join me in believing in hope for the future. Heck, I still believe that there is still hope that George W. Bush can still change and see the truth. I have to believe in hope, because it's all I have left. I know it's a lot to ask for, and I know it's hard, but...it's the only thing that can change the future.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I forgot to mention there were no cars in the dream. I have good news. It was not an attack. Everything I saw in the dream I saw in the news on New Orleans. I saw a woman holding 2 babys with and older child walking next to her. And the police were patroling the rioting going on. With guns in their hands. No cars cause they were all under water. And all the buildings are in rubble. I'm happy cause it's not an attack I saw.
But, I am sad for all the peoples that lost their lives and everyting they had.:shk:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I forgot to mention there were no cars in the dream. I have good news. It was not an attack. Everything I saw in the dream I saw in the news on New Orleans. I saw a woman holding 2 babys with and older child walking next to her. And the police were patroling the rioting going on. With guns in their hands. No cars cause they were all under water. And all the buildings are in rubble. I'm happy cause it's not an attack I saw.
But, I am sad for all the peoples that lost their lives and everyting they had.:shk:
Sorry, forgot to mention that it was The hurricane. :bash:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
yea after reading your posts I knew thats what is was it was new orleans post huricane wich did turn that area into a third world state .

did you know the police and army in the area had authorization to use deadly force to stop looting I'm not sure if they used it buy I know they would not show it on the news if they did.

also for some wierd reason the relief eforts came after a week and right away they needed food and water they needed 10,000 troops they got 200 and only 200 extra police then after a week finaly more came this time with food and water most people are saying its too little too late since many have already died of starvation and thirst.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Do you think it can be something bad is going to happen to america?

This nation is headed for a fall. I see it coming economically but it could be another way. It could be lessened or prevented by the solution is not welcomed.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salanthus
also for some wierd reason the relief eforts came after a week and right away they needed food and water they needed 10,000 troops they got 200 and only 200 extra police then after a week finaly more came this time with food and water most people are saying its too little too late since many have already died of starvation and thirst.

Aid started to come in before a week. I haven't lived through a hurricane but I have suffered tragedy. My family had to leave our home after a heating oil spill occurred in it. We were without a home of our own for a couple of months. Whenever a disaster strikes we want our lives back to the way they were before the tragedy. That is not possible when disaster strikes. A disaster changes everything. America for the most part is a nation that has not suffered and so people are not used to it. This nation is in trouble. What if a a major earthquake hits someplace, or suicide bombers start blowing themselves up on major American streets or businesses, or a nuclear or biological device is used. We are headed for worse times and I believe the whole world is.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
no the actual relief did not come till friday the hurricane hit on monday it was almost a week till the full reliefe effort arrived like I said the only had a small verry small number of what they needed in the way of troops and supplies eg they needed 10,000 troops the only sent 200 then the rest came almost a week later check the info your self and technicaly it was a buissness week so whats 2 freakin days any way regardless as to weather or not it was a week or five days it should have been none the should have shown up within hours of the storm passing with some supplies and troops that they had prepared the and had ready the week before
this kind of over sight is in excusable their is no reason those people should have gone a day without clean food and water

[edit on 9/6/2005 by Salanthus]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
While I voted for President Bush I don't agree with all He does nor do I find a better alternative voting for the Democratic party.

We are involved with a war in the Middle East that is costing hundreds of billions of dollars and now the nation is going to undertake a massive rebuilding effort in New Orleans and other areas hit by Katrina that could cost 200 billion.

This nation is on the verge of an economic calamity. It could be worldwide but since I live in the U.S. I am not sure what the economy is like in other parts of the world.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have a daughter in 9th grade world history, and I am helping her study for tests. In the last couple of weeks I have had to ask her questions on why the Spanish empire and French Empire crumbled. The reasons listed in the school books are costly foreign wars, deficit spending, domestic problems and a couple of others I can't remember at the present.

Those reasons are the same the U.S. is facing now.

If I remember right FDR was the first President to have deficit spending. The state the U.S. finds itself in has been building for a long time and has to blame for it many presidents and congresses.

And if New World Order conspiracies are right, the crumbling of a nation's dominance could be orchestrated.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
actualy the economic problems that us are facing are not all over the world in canada we have actualy been paying our deficet down for a while I believe it is less than 200billion now while america has a riseing deficet of 7 trillion with no signs of reducing any time soon

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hi...I've had several dreams about storms hitting the US. I didn't want to post them at first but well, here they are:

September 23, 2005 (first dream)
Within a dream, I saw a matter with a storm. And see I saw lots of people leaving and there were many matters of people. And I saw one black woman who was as though a woman who worked on a radio station and she was leaving and at the same time she had two children who I saw were leaving or left with the father. And I could hear the woman talking to her children. And one child needed glue for a project and kept pushing the mother to get it. And so I saw as she went inside a store, and see she grabbed the largest tub of glue. And see, the tub of glue I saw was of hard plastic and it was the size as like a plastic container of about a gallon of milk.

And see, I saw the people fleeing. And I was in the dream talking with a young woman at the counter and she was tired and she was telling me about her vocal chords, how they were removed. And I was very sorry to hear her problem. And I remember coming back to the counter asking for film of pictures that were taking, and I remember telling the woman, oh I must having memory loss, for I kept coming back to her. Yet she understood because she was under a lot of stress also from her job. And there were some younger women children even maybe young short teenaged Mexican girls standing next to my left as I got the film to the woman working at the counter.

Now see, I saw a matter of the storm. And see, the storm was about to flood some more, for there were places already a flooding. And there was as though a weakening of the storm, even upon the southwest side. And I saw that a pressure system was building, and it was concerning the weather people for the weather people namely I saw a man speaking of the matter, was showing what was happening. And see it stalled in the golf coast in the north/west part of it and it was like it was going to stay in one spot for four days in that matter in order for the pressure to build up to strike land. And after, it was going to cause much more flooding. And I saw some parts of Texas, if I recall right and there were many many people leaving yet it was like normal thing to them. And there were other parts of the dream which now I cannot remember and which I was going to write of but now forgot.

And I just remember seeing very much flooding all over those areas.

And in some way, it seemed like I were talking to Jesus but I cannot remember what was being said. And that is best I can remember for now.

September 23, 2005 - (second dream)
In a dream I saw as though the coming of a storm, and see there were still people even left. And I saw as some were even walking upon the beaches and not aware of it coming. And these didn’t even notice the rising of the sea water yet there I saw a plump heavy set black woman and even a white woman as though both in one? Walking upon the beach and the rain and the wind were already blowing and I saw the clothes flapping in the wind on who was walking upon the beach. And I heard as though one shouting at those left on the beach to get out of there. And yet some of these were still hardheaded. And was like rioters or something.

Later dreams:
September 1, 2005
In a dream I saw as though where the catastrophe in the south east was. And I saw as though an amusement park. And I saw how some of the rides were destroyed. But then, I saw or it was as though another storm was going to come....even as if to come to drown out what was left. And of this part is as much I remember for now.

top topics

join